2017 SANFL Grand Final

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

Postby Magellan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Grenville wrote:
LMA wrote:I must admit I often get on here and stir the SANFL faithful, but I am of the feeling too that it doesn't feel the same if the Magpies win circa 2014. Make no mistake Port Adelaide is Port Adelaide regardless of moniker IMO and I love the development it has given our AFL team, but would probably prefer the old system of the Mini draft on a SANFL level. Port by 26 points

On another note when are they going to drop the N in SANFL, hardly a national comp. American like with their World Series

A genuine Magpies side in the SANFL made for a better comp no doubt at all, unfortunately this pigcrap being paraded as a Magpies outfit just takes the piss and mocks the comp. Magpower by 32, Sturt to pay the price for selling out.

Reckon Port Power Reserves will probably win their first flag, but I don't really care either way TBH.

Interesting to see the crowd attendance given the forecast is for 16 degrees and rain.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby GMcG » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:20 pm

I attended no matches in 2015, in 2016 I bit the bullet & renewed my sponsorship, I attended probably 9 or 10 matches, several of them I left at 1/2 time. The passion has died, due to 2 factors. The first is the style of "footy" being played, it's absolute garbage most of the time, more like basketball, don't try to win by attacking, try to win by keeping their score down. The main reason is the inclusion of the 2 AFL reserves sides. I'm pretty sure I'll not attend any more matches and if the Power reserves win, that will be it for me. The game I love, in the competition I loved, is ruined forever. When I held up my NO AFL IN THE SANFL banner (thanks to the Norwood supporters who helped me too) at Elizabeth Oval, during a CD v Norwood game in 2013, just 4 years ago, there must have been at least 5,000 people there, now we can't get 1,500 to a game. Thankyou very much to the SANFL, for selling out making an absolute mockery of their name, they don't give a stuff about the real SANFL.
BTW, I hope Sturt win.
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Grenville » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:25 pm

GMcG wrote:I attended no matches in 2015, in 2016 I bit the bullet & renewed my sponsorship, I attended probably 9 or 10 matches, several of them I left at 1/2 time. The passion has died, due to 2 factors. The first is the style of "footy" being played, it's absolute garbage most of the time, more like basketball, don't try to win by attacking, try to win by keeping their score down. The main reason is the inclusion of the 2 AFL reserves sides. I'm pretty sure I'll not attend any more matches and if the Power reserves win, that will be it for me. The game I love, in the competition I loved, is ruined forever. When I held up my NO AFL IN THE SANFL banner (thanks to the Norwood supporters who helped me too) at Elizabeth Oval, during a CD v Norwood game in 2013, just 4 years ago, there must have been at least 5,000 people there, now we can't get 1,500 to a game. Thankyou very much to the SANFL, for selling out making an absolute mockery of their name, they don't give a stuff about the real SANFL.
BTW, I hope Sturt win.

I shook your hand and gave you a tenner for Eric when you got chucked out at the Ponderosa, if you want a sellout club to profit from their treachery give it back ya bastard! Bring back Eric!
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby GMcG » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Grenville wrote:
GMcG wrote:I attended no matches in 2015, in 2016 I bit the bullet & renewed my sponsorship, I attended probably 9 or 10 matches, several of them I left at 1/2 time. The passion has died, due to 2 factors. The first is the style of "footy" being played, it's absolute garbage most of the time, more like basketball, don't try to win by attacking, try to win by keeping their score down. The main reason is the inclusion of the 2 AFL reserves sides. I'm pretty sure I'll not attend any more matches and if the Power reserves win, that will be it for me. The game I love, in the competition I loved, is ruined forever. When I held up my NO AFL IN THE SANFL banner (thanks to the Norwood supporters who helped me too) at Elizabeth Oval, during a CD v Norwood game in 2013, just 4 years ago, there must have been at least 5,000 people there, now we can't get 1,500 to a game. Thankyou very much to the SANFL, for selling out making an absolute mockery of their name, they don't give a stuff about the real SANFL.
BTW, I hope Sturt win.

I shook your hand and gave you a tenner for Eric when you got chucked out at the Ponderosa, if you want a sellout club to profit from their treachery give it back ya bastard! Bring back Eric!

that was you!!
Thankyou! :D
P.S., that was great fun ;)
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Grenville » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:27 pm

GMcG wrote:
Grenville wrote:
BTW, I hope Sturt win.

that was you!!

Twas a good day lad, Weslo had no idea when you were pleading your case outside the northern gates.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Grenville » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:00 pm

GMcG wrote:
Grenville wrote:
BTW, I hope Sturt win.

that was you!!

Our game style up until a few weeks back was similar (ie garbage) and we paid for it. The penny dropped and we started playing a game style that we could play and play well. As I said a while back it's predictable but effective and puts the onus on the players to have a crack. The only reason we lost against Sturt was we made some basic errors, otherwise I sincerely believe we could've won the whole thing.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Zac Milbank reporting Hansen didn't get through training this morning and won't play.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:14 pm

heater31 wrote:Zac Milbank reporting Hansen didn't get through training this morning and won't play.

Did someone Mmmm Bop them at training?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:20 pm

RB wrote:You mean AFLSA?

Yep that's it. Fckunig dylesaix.... ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Why is 7mate saying it's TBA if the SANFL grand final is going to be shown
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby CedeNullis » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:15 pm

The Professionals vs the Sellouts. No glory here and don't pretend there is.
CedeNullis
Under 16s

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Hazydog » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:45 pm

CedeNullis wrote:The Professionals vs the Sellouts. No glory here and don't pretend there is.

That's how I feel. Normally look forward to watching the GF even though my club isnt playing, and always find myself favouring someone.

Not this year though- I'll still watch because It seems wrong not to- but begrudgingly think that the only possible way the AFL Reserves concept will be further questioned/reviewed is if Port win. Even then, nothing will probably change, but that's the only pathetic straw I can clutch.

If Sturt win - hats off, it will be a fine achievement, but it gets us no further.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Hazydog » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:17 pm

Rick Davies - Brilliant!
1. Turns up half cut for a live interview with Soders & Timmy G
2. Points out that AFL Reserves teams in both the SANFL & WAFL GF's and asks, "is it fair" ... twice!

Embarrassment from Soders & Tim priceless!
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Sturt win Reserves, coach comes in for one year, wins the flag and leaves!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Gozu » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Looks like a good crowd
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Gozu wrote:Looks like a good crowd
Yep, packed at ground level.

Couple of missed opportunities from Port then a ripper grab from Beard to give Sturt their first. Fair few turnovers early.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Great leg from Evans for the Blues second!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:58 pm

Started well Sturt and the big fella in the middle continuing his stellar form
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:03 pm

JK wrote:Started well Sturt and the big fella in the middle continuing his stellar form
Dominating early.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:05 pm

Sturt certainly making the most of their opportunities in front of goal. 4 straight now. Shit kicking from Port will cost them
The Dark Knight
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL