2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Talk on the national game

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:33 am

Good to see Benny and Wedgie with your rose coloured glasses clearly on.

Both should get off IMO but I don't think one was worse than the other though.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2515 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:36 am

amber_fluid wrote:Good to see Benny and Wedgie with your rose coloured glasses clearly on.

Rose coloured glasses?
I'm a much bigger Sloane fan than Cotchin.
Its just a fact that one was going for the ball and the other wasnt, you only have to watch the vision of both and see where the ball was.
Dangerfield had already handpassed it before he got hit, Cotchin went for the ball and got it.
Once again tbey both should get off, I dont think either incident was even worth a free kick but the two incidents arent comparable because of where the ball was.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:39 am

Wedgie wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Good to see Benny and Wedgie with your rose coloured glasses clearly on.

Rose coloured glasses?
Its just a fact that one was going for the ball and the other wasnt, you only have to watch the vision of both and see where the ball was.
Dangerfield had already handpassed it before he got hit, Cotchin went for the ball and got it.
Once again tbey both should get off but the two incidents arent comparable because of where the ball was.

Who Sloane hit isn't clouding your judgement ;)

Let's hope both get off as you want to see the best players playing in the last week of September.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2515 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:42 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Rose coloured glasses?
Once again tbey both should get off but the two incidents arent comparable because of where the ball was.

Who Sloane hit isn't clouding your judgement ;)

Let's hope both get off as you want to see the best players playing in the last week of September.

How could it?
I dont think it even deserved a free kick, it was a great bump.
One player was going for the ball and the other wasnt, thats just a plain and simple fact.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby cracka » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:51 am

Wedgie wrote:I think both should get off but Sloanes is clearly worse than Cotchins. Cotchin just goes for the ball where Sloane hit Dangerfield after thr ball was gone and he was going for the player. Once again, both should get off.

Sloane didn't hit Dangerfield. They ran into each other. If anything Danger should get done for playing for a free kick.
Cotchin was going for the ball. Was the perfect hard ball get.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby JK » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:55 am

Sloane should have no case to answer. Given the stance the AFL has taken on protecting the head, and the whole 3 strikes ruling, Cotchin should be missing the GF. BUT, I hope he doesn't, would hate to see any player miss a granny for that.

Reckon both will play next Sat
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:56 am

bennymacca wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:If either Cotchin or Sloane were to be suspended which I hope either aren't, then double or triple it and make them serve it next year.
No one deserves to miss a GF for those minor indiscretions.

I don’t think cotchin should be suspended, but if he does, he has no one to blame but himself for doing stupid shit earlier in the year.

If anyone thinks Sloane has a case to answer they are either trolling or deadset cooked

Yeah how dare Cotchin go for the ball :shock:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:57 am

cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I think both should get off but Sloanes is clearly worse than Cotchins. Cotchin just goes for the ball where Sloane hit Dangerfield after thr ball was gone and he was going for the player. Once again, both should get off.

Sloane didn't hit Dangerfield. They ran into each other. If anything Danger should get done for playing for a free kick.

LMAO, Danger had the ball handpassed it and was wide open, if you think that it doesn't hurt when you get hit high, front on and hard when wide open you have absolutely no idea about the game my friend. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby cracka » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:

LMAO, Danger had the ball handpassed it and was wide open, if you think that it doesn't hurt when you get hit high, front on and hard when wide open you have absolutely no idea about the game my friend. :lol:

Sloane got up straight away. If you think Danger wasn't playing for the free kick then you also have absolutely no idea about the game my friend.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 pm

cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:

Sloane got up straight away. If you think Danger wasn't playing for the free kick then you also have absolutely no idea about the game my friend.

Of course Sloane got up straight away, he lined a player up and bumped him beautifully after bracing himself for the hit where Danger didn't have time to brace himself for the impact as he was solely intent on getting the handpass away. 90% of players would have taken a lot longer to get up after being winded like that!
At the end of the day it wasn't even a free kick, it was a great bump as the ball was within 5 metres.
Surely Crows supporters can stop whinging and booing and actually enjoy one of the best weeks of their life now. Lifes too short and weeks like this are few and far between for a lot of people!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby cracka » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Who's whinging & booing.
If anyone thinks either player should get suspended then I suggest giving up watching AFL & take up watching lawn bowls or something similar. :roll:
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:26 pm

cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
cracka wrote:

Wedgie wrote:Of course Sloane got up straight away, he lined a player up and bumped him beautifully after bracing himself for the hit where Danger didn't have time to brace himself for the impact as he was solely intent on getting the handpass away. 90% of players would have taken a lot longer to get up after being winded like that!
At the end of the day it wasn't even a free kick, it was a great bump as the ball was within 5 metres.
Surely Crows supporters can stop whinging and booing and actually enjoy one of the best weeks of their life now. Lifes too short and weeks like this are few and far between for a lot of people!

Sloane was going for the tackle then tried to smother the handball then had to brace for the inevitable impact. If anything Danger had more time to brace for the inevitable impact as Sloane was reacting to Dangers movement. :roll:
cracka
Veteran

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:27 pm

I can't believe Wedgie is having to justify this!!!

**** me Crows supporters have no idea

Sloane shouldn't get reported, it wasn't even a free kick but Sloane was always going to come off best in that situation

Dangerfield was wide and open and in a lower body position
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:32 pm

I cant believe whufc is on my side after what Spurs did to the Hammers last night. ;)

Anyway Im off to work at the Oval, my last gig for a while! Have a good day all!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby cracka » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:34 pm

whufc wrote:I can't believe Wedgie is having to justify this!!!

Sloane shouldn't get reported, it wasn't even a free kick but Sloane was always going to come off best in that situation

Do you think Sloanes was worse than Cotchins
cracka
Veteran

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:03 pm

Wedgie wrote:I cant believe whufc is on my side after what Spurs did to the Hammers last night. ;)

Anyway Im off to work at the Oval, my last gig for a while! Have a good day all!

We are junk mate!!! It must be what it's like for you to support North all those years, so much hope, some great individual players but bloody useless lol
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:05 pm

cracka wrote:
whufc wrote:I can't believe Wedgie is having to justify this!!!

Do you think Sloanes was worse than Cotchins

Neither were bad, both should be allowed to play this week but the AFL will make a meal of it and increase their next media rights contract with 1.5 million extra reading, listening etc to afl shows, articles about the ******* issue.

The game is for men, they were both great Finals hits
whufc
Coach

Postby Robran » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:16 pm

I think all 3 will play ffs if I was the coach and my player and our capt cotchin did not go and try win that footy for his side I'm filthy he done no different than any other player would do. As a crows supporter I want the the opposition to have there very best side available so if we do win it we don't have to listen to what if cotchin was playing bla bla let them play.

I did have a look at the Ellis one I believe he is the one that is prob in the most trouble out of the incidents over the weekend.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:35 pm

bennymacca wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:If either Cotchin or Sloane were to be suspended which I hope either aren't, then double or triple it and make them serve it next year.

I don’t think cotchin should be suspended, but if he does, he has no one to blame but himself for doing stupid shit earlier in the year.

If anyone thinks Sloane has a case to answer they are either trolling or deadset cooked

Just the standard response from Benny when someone doesnt agree with him
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Corona Man » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:36 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Just the standard response from Benny when someone doesnt agree with him

I thought he called them out as flogs or dinosaurs!?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3483 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL