Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby King » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Give credit where credit is due. The Shoes B Grade (that's one below A) were very very good!!!!
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby petoe » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:21 am

Shoe boy, have you found it yet?.........
petoe
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:42 am

King wrote:Give credit where credit is due. The Shoes B Grade (that's one below A) were very very good!!!!

Yes King the lads where good and have been all year BUT the A grade is the prize a club aspires too and The Falcons where the bench mark all year and deserve the rewards .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:43 am

petoe wrote:Shoe boy, have you found it yet?.........

I am always looking for it.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Front & Centre » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:41 am

grumpyoldman wrote:
Keefy wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:Read on the SFL facebook page something happened in the Girls Under 16 GF

Both teams had unqualified players

SFL need to read their by -laws in particular By law 4 , Team Sheets 4.2 i) The Name and number of each participating player. Apparently this was how the HVFC team sheet was therefore players name with number would have been the ones that played. Sounds like the SFL are weak and cant even conform to their own by laws in regards to non qualified players. If its good enough to disqualify Porties A grade then the Christies u/16 girls is no different, can understand the rumour that Porties are looking to leave SFL and go to Adelaide Footy League.

GOM Can I please give you some advice
1- HV made errors and if they apologised to the players and their families maybe the kids wouldn't have been so upset. By dragging it on you are making the club look like fools
2 - I have asked one of the SFL Directors who has been involved about this and apparently HV story changed during the course of the investigation so maybe you need to clarify this with the club
3 - The timing of your post and the facebook post on SFL GF day just highlights that HV didn't have players playing in the biggest day of the SFL year
4 - Club's attention should be on getting an A grade coach. They have known for months that BC wasn't going on and we are all still waiting

Bring on the AGM. I hope someone else will put their hand up so we can get some smart people in charge again
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:27 am

Gee, surprised you even follow HV all you do is bag the place
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Front & Centre » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Gee, surprised you even follow HV all you do is bag the place

Incorrect - however I have been around long enough to remember what is was like to be a great well run club which it currently isn't
Front & Centre
Rookie

Postby oneuponedown » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:44 pm

Front & Centre wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Gee, surprised you even follow HV all you do is bag the place

Incorrect - however I have been around long enough to remember what is was like to be a great well run club which it currently isn't

hmmmnnn, F &C what constitutes a great well run club?
oneuponedown
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby grumpyoldman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:22 pm

oneuponedown wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:

oneuponedown wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:

oneuponedown wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:

oneuponedown wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:

Front & Centre wrote:
grumpyoldman wrote:
Keefy wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:Read on the SFL facebook page something happened in the Girls Under 16 GF

Both teams had unqualified players

SFL need to read their by -laws in particular By law 4 , Team Sheets 4.2 i) The Name and number of each participating player. Apparently this was how the HVFC team sheet was therefore players name with number would have been the ones that played. Sounds like the SFL are weak and cant even conform to their own by laws in regards to non qualified players. If its good enough to disqualify Porties A grade then the Christies u/16 girls is no different, can understand the rumour that Porties are looking to leave SFL and go to Adelaide Footy League.

GOM Can I please give you some advice
1- HV made errors and if they apologised to the players and their families maybe the kids wouldn't have been so upset. By dragging it on you are making the club look like fools
2 - I have asked one of the SFL Directors who has been involved about this and apparently HV story changed during the course of the investigation so maybe you need to clarify this with the club
3 - The timing of your post and the facebook post on SFL GF day just highlights that HV didn't have players playing in the biggest day of the SFL year
4 - Club's attention should be on getting an A grade coach. They have known for months that BC wasn't going on and we are all still waiting

Bring on the AGM. I hope someone else will put their hand up so we can get some smart people in charge again
grumpyoldman
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby grumpyoldman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:24 pm

Well FC you obviously have all the answers so why not put your hand up and nominate for President or would that blow your cover?
grumpyoldman
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Front & Centre » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:58 pm

grumpyoldman wrote:Well FC you obviously have all the answers so why not put your hand up and nominate for President or would that blow your cover?

My work precludes me from having the time but I look forward to my retirement so I will be able to do just that.
In the meantime wouldn't it be nice to see our club return to it's former glory. It was only 5 years ago that we won a flag and since then we have slid a long way.
Let's hope a good coach is appointed and we can have a better 2018
Front & Centre
Rookie

Postby petoe » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:35 pm

shoe boy wrote:
petoe wrote:Shoe boy, have you found it yet?.........

I am always looking for it.

Referring to the so called soft underbelly Flaggies are, according to you, supposed to have?......
petoe
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Well done to Rod Mitchell and the bushpigs. If only he'd stayed at Happy Valley :roll:

Any news on the clubs that are looking for coaches? How many clubs still looking?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:45 am

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby godra » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:06 pm

With OSB/L confirmed as leaving the SFL and with Marion essentially all but confirmed as leaving, how do people feel with the Amateur League slowly infiltrating what the maroon coats would certainly classify as "their turf"? On one hand they now have one, possibly two less teams which provided score blow outs to worry about and manage but at the same time, two less teams to bring in revenue. Will all teams be happy with the remaining teams in 2018?

I think the SFL would be genuinely fearful for the future of the league in coming years.
godra

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Broken Down Hack » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:24 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Well done to Rod Mitchell and the bushpigs. If only he'd stayed at Happy Valley :roll:

Any news on the clubs that are looking for coaches? How many clubs still looking?

ask the bloke that moved him on, he's been to Edwardstown, Woodville South, Morphettville Park and Marion ....... while Mitty went to Flaggies for 1 B Grade flag and back to back A grade ......
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby No kidding » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:27 pm

godra wrote:With OSB/L confirmed as leaving the SFL and with Marion essentially all but confirmed as leaving, how do people feel with the Amateur League slowly infiltrating what the maroon coats would certainly classify as "their turf"? On one hand they now have one, possibly two less teams which provided score blow outs to worry about and manage but at the same time, two less teams to bring in revenue. Will all teams be happy with the remaining teams in 2018?

I think the SFL would be genuinely fearful for the future of the league in coming years.

Might help the comp with ordinary sides leaving (Brighton aside)
Get back to a strong division 1 comp like it was years ago
No kidding

Been liked: 16 times

Postby cracka » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Is Marion the last of the "down the hill" clubs
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:59 pm

Congrats to Flaggies going back to back. First club since the Morphett Vale dynasty of 2004-2007 to defend their title. Is it about time some other clubs invested in alternate strips even if it's just one set for the A grade. I stand corrected but is that 2 years in a row Flaggies have been the home team in the GF yet have graciously worn their alternate strip because Morphett Vale and Noarlunga haven't had an alternative. SFL clubs play the same clubs year in year out (unless they defect to the AdFL) so how hard is it to make a $1000 investment for one set of jumpers. Brighton and HV have done the right thing for years and more recently FH and I think Porties. Now that the league has a chance to consolidate with 9 clubs hopefully existing on fairly equal terms, how about some added professionalism by writing into the Regs the designated jumper clashes and require the away team to wear a clash strip.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:38 pm

Was an agreement struck this year with Shoes, our B grade got the home rooms [to match A grade] and we wore the clash strip, which is now steeped in FHFC history. My understanding is the playing group love wearing the white jumper.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL