Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:
Wouldn't a Sugar agree drink with Skittles defeat the purpose? Like a large Maccas meal with a diet coke

I know, I remember orchestrating a stocktake at work and I had to organise lunch, majority vote won, KFC it was.

Upon eating it this overweight chick says to me in a snarly voice while munging on a fatty piece of chicken "You didn't get any pepsi max".

I tried my best to answer civilly.

Obese or not it's a valid question as Pepsi Max IS the ONLY drink compatible with KFC and you, in your role, appeared to be negligent. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:
Wouldn't a Sugar agree drink with Skittles defeat the purpose? Like a large Maccas meal with a diet coke

I know, I remember orchestrating a stocktake at work and I had to organise lunch, majority vote won, KFC it was.

Upon eating it this overweight chick says to me in a snarly voice while munging on a fatty piece of chicken "You didn't get any pepsi max".

My favourite KFC story is, in the Elizabeth drive through, the rotund woman in front of me was made to park, obviously because she had a car full of feral kids and they had a big order.

I had a meal for one, being the bachelor I was at the time. As I drive past her with my meal, she's hanging out the window screaming, "How's this c**t got his food? Where's my f**kin' CHICKEN!"

Over seven years ago and I can still see her fugly face.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:49 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

Obese or not it's a valid question as Pepsi Max IS the ONLY drink compatible with KFC and you, in your role, appeared to be negligent. ;)

Ok, I'm off ya.

First of all, Pepsi is shit to begin with. I can only drink it if its in an ice cold can. I even ask for cans when I get large meals. For some reason, KFC 600ml bottles are always room temp, straight out of the fridge.

Second of all, MAX, Diet, Zero, etc taste like arsehole. You can taste the cancer you're catching and the aftertaste is something I imagine would be comparable to what Mrs HH3 has to put up with when I get a pity BJ.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:50 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

Yes, I understand my negligence.

I just look and think "the horse has bolted love".
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:51 am

HH3 wrote:
My favourite KFC story is, in the Elizabeth drive through, the rotund woman in front of me was made to park, obviously because she had a car full of feral kids and they had a big order.

I had a meal for one, being the bachelor I was at the time. As I drive past her with my meal, she's hanging out the window screaming, "How's this c**t got his food? Where's my f**kin' CHICKEN!"

Leave my missus out of this!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:53 am

HH3 wrote:
Ok, I'm off ya.

First of all, Pepsi is shit to begin with. I can only drink it if its in an ice cold can. I even ask for cans when I get large meals. For some reason, KFC 600ml bottles are always room temp, straight out of the fridge.

Second of all, MAX, Diet, Zero, etc taste like arsehole. You can taste the cancer you're catching and the aftertaste is something I imagine would be comparable to what Mrs HH3 has to put up with when I get a pity BJ.

I used to think the same, I converted to coke zero to go with my CC's, we don't normal coke now and if I do I can feel and taste the sugar I'm chucking down my gullet.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby LMA » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:52 am

HH3 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

You shouldn't of married her then ;)
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby morell » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:23 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Im a little confused. It all started when i started to read the Div 7 reserves genius's insights into structures and systems of an AFL club. I was left with the distinct impression that there is no way you can be successful without at least 2 key forwards. Small forwards who lock the ball in and provide tackling pressure are also not required. That guy put his point across very convincingly and i started to believe him.
Then Richmond made the Grand Final. How does this happen?
I guess the morrell of the story is dont believe everything you read on here or at the very least choose wisely who you get your intel from.

Except I never said that you don't need small forwards who provide tackling pressure. I just said Port had too many. One or two is perfect. We had 4 at times.

Yes, I am surprised Richmond have made the GF. I'll be even more surprised if they win it. Want and belief can make up for poor structures I suppose, I'd like both ideally. Getting Geelong at their home ground and a cooked GWS helps. As does having the best marking forward, the best midfielder and the best key defender.

But. If Adelaide play anywhere near their best they'll smoke them.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:27 pm

morell wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Im a little confused. It all started when i started to read the Div 7 reserves genius's insights into structures and systems of an AFL club. I was left with the distinct impression that there is no way you can be successful without at least 2 key forwards. Small forwards who lock the ball in and provide tackling pressure are also not required. That guy put his point across very convincingly and i started to believe him.
I guess the morrell of the story is dont believe everything you read on here or at the very least choose wisely who you get your intel from.

Except I never said that you don't need small forwards who provide tackling pressure. I just said Port had too many. One or two is perfect. We had 4 at times.

Yes, I am surprised Richmond have made the GF. I'll be even more surprised if they win it. Want and belief can make up for poor structures I suppose, I'd like both ideally. Getting Geelong at their home ground and a cooked GWS helps. As does having the best marking forward, the best midfielder and the best key defender.

You're saying Jack Reiwoldt is the games best marking forward then?

J McGovern 61 contested marks, Reiwoldt 21st with 34.

Docherty 199 marks total, Reiwoldt 33rd with 132.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Castagna Rioli Butler Caddy lambert townsend edwards

graham and mcintosh have probably played through there

just shows that it can be done with pressure small forwards

the difference is they actually put pressure on. Ports forward line did not do it well enough
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:32 pm

morell wrote:[As does having the best marking forward

You don't rate Dixon?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby morell » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Booney wrote:
morell wrote:

You're saying Jack Reiwoldt is the games best marking forward then?

J McGovern 61 contested marks, Reiwoldt 21st with 34.

Docherty 199 marks total, Reiwoldt 33rd with 132.
He took the most marks inside 50 in the AFL. So he's up there at a minimum.

Yeah, they do go for him a lot, but they can, because he is an excellent aerialist and generally makes a contest.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:34 pm

The Bedge wrote:

You don't rate Dixon?

I do, it would be between him and Jack as the "marking" key forward in the game. Kennedy as well be his more lead up than those two imo
morell
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Aren't you on holidays Digby?
Go and explore NZ mate and get off here.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby morell » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:39 pm

Yeah but today and tomorrow I'm stuck in shitty Auckland whilst the better half earns a crust.

Been to Taupo and Rotorua last few days. Was voted Maori village chief! At least some people noticed my brilliance
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:47 pm

morell wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

You don't rate Dixon?

I do, it would be between him and Jack as the "marking" key forward in the game. Kennedy as well be his more lead up than those two imo

So why does Richmond's setup work, and Port's does not?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Richmond have the best defender, the best midfielder and the best marking forward, complimented by a swarm of small pressure forwards = Grand Final bound.

Port have an agile and stingy backline, the best ruckman, one of the best utilities (Gray),, and one of the best marking forwards, complimented by a swarm of small pressure forwards = Poor structures.

Morell where am I going wrong here?!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Any indication when delistings are known?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby morell » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:58 pm

The Bedge wrote:
morell wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

You don't rate Dixon?

So why does Richmond's setup work, and Port's does not?

As I said, they have the best goalkicking midfielder and the best CHB in the comp. That's what it takes to compensate for a poor structure - league leaders in other areas.

Plus Caddy, Rioli and Butler do provide a semblance goal kicking capability as well as pressure.

Still, all credit to them, they've compensated their forward line flaws really well and made the most of what they've got.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:03 pm

The Bedge wrote:Richmond have the best defender, the best midfielder and the best marking forward, complimented by a swarm of small pressure forwards = Grand Final bound.

Port have an agile and stingy backline, the best ruckman, one of the best utilities (Gray),, and one of the best marking forwards, complimented by a swarm of small pressure forwards = Poor structures.

Morell where am I going wrong here?!

Their pressure forwards are much better. Their defensive half is much better/experienced. Their midfield is a bit better.

They're a more cohesive team and their poor structures up forward doesn't become as big a problem as teams cannot go on scoring sprees against them.

Still, Freo made a GF with a shitty forward line. They got found out. I suspect Adelaide will do the same. Provided they turn up.
Last edited by morell on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL