HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby teamdefense2017 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:04 am

The big oval certainly hurt Hahndorf last year. Oh wait?
teamdefense2017

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby SecretInformant » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:29 am

teamdefense2017 wrote:The big oval certainly hurt Hahndorf last year. Oh wait?

Torrens Valley and Blackwood are different sides. It was close at three quarter time last year and then Torrens Valley ran out of puff. We'll see the result by 5pm tomorrow.
SecretInformant

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby kikittome » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Head says Hahndorf....too many high quality players, but, Heart says the Woods. Sleev's is a ripping bloke and it would be great to see him grab a flag. If it's close at 3/4time, it could be anyone's, but the Woods can be very one dimensional, whereas Dorf can adapt quickly and change their gameplan on the run with their "on field" coaches
kikittome
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby batmanbegins » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Hahndorf by 5 goals. There just simply a better team and are probably the best team in country footy at the moment. Blackwood are very good but unfortunately there running into the juggernaut that is Hahndorf. Quite happy to be proven wrong though.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby SecretInformant » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Blackwood win by 4 points. 7 points in the last quarter. David Hankin missed after the siren to win the game. Bad kicking is bad football.
SecretInformant

Postby BurntToast » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Yeah baby! So proud and happy for the boys. No one gave us a chance and we proved the doubters wrong. Crows into the last day into September and BFC win the big one. Couldn't ask for a better weekend!
BurntToast

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby TheBull » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:24 pm

SecretInformant wrote:Blackwood win by 4 points. 7 points in the last quarter. David Hankin missed after the siren to win the game. Bad kicking is bad football.

Incredible scenes, Hankin misses a soda and the costs them a flag! Hard to believe it came down to the last kick, with the money (easily the most paid in the league) and talent in that side it should have been over at the first break. Guess the boys learn the hard way, running their mouth all year about how easy they were going to take it out.
TheBull
Mini-League

Postby Dutchy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:09 pm

Well done Blackwood, with Flaggies winning the SFL, 2 clubs that are 3km apart both win flags drawing from same demographical area, pretty impressive.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby running defender » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:49 am

Wish we had a population of 200,000 to pick from
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby old fullback » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:39 am

batmanbegins wrote:Hahndorf by 5 goals. There just simply a better team and are probably the best team in country footy at the moment. Blackwood are very good but unfortunately there running into the juggernaut that is Hahndorf. Quite happy to be proven wrong though.

I think Mt Compass might have a say as the best country team going around right now..
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby SuperFrank » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:18 am

old fullback wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:Hahndorf by 5 goals. There just simply a better team and are probably the best team in country footy at the moment. Blackwood are very good but unfortunately there running into the juggernaut that is Hahndorf. Quite happy to be proven wrong though.

I think Mt Compass might have a say as the best country team going around right now..

Even though they got a fair old reality check on GF day on Saturday, Meningie would have to be up their aswell. Some absolute super stars in that team.
SuperFrank
Rookie

Has liked: 46 times

Postby UncleTony » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:40 pm

TheBull wrote:
SecretInformant wrote:Blackwood win by 4 points. 7 points in the last quarter. David Hankin missed after the siren to win the game. Bad kicking is bad football.

Incredible scenes, Hankin misses a soda and the costs them a flag! Hard to believe it came down to the last kick, with the money (easily the most paid in the league) and talent in that side it should have been over at the first break. Guess the boys learn the hard way, running their mouth all year about how easy they were going to take it out.

Credit to Blackwood, better team on the day. Played out of their skin literally and Hahndorf just weren't at their usual best., firstly to say Hankin cost them the game just shows how disrespectful and uneducated you are as a typical Blackwood supporter, again credit on the win, but Hahndorf allowed them to win by simply missing multiple shots in front of goal (6) prior to Hankins that was 45m out on the boundary directly into the wind ALL in the last quarter. The HFL ought to be ashamed of themselves to allow the blackwood supporting crowd enter the field to literally put off a player while shooting at goal. They have some serious questions to answer and although it may not have changed the outcome of the game it was most certainly a clear indication of what a shambles the umpiring unit is in this league. To not stop the game and remove people from the ground is a discrace. And for you to accuse Hahndorf of "running their mouth all year about how easy they were going to take it out" must make you a psychic or you must chat to them all year which I highly doubt. All Hahndorf players respect Blackwood as a quality unit yet people like you make misguided comments.. Those players earnt the right to be the hunted this year yet have uneducated has been wannabes like yourself who talk shit and you're the epitome of a Blackwood supporter. Bad winners, shit humans. I hope they piss you off where you belong, most disrespectful club I've ever witnessed as winners, and clearly you prove this point. Again, credit on the win and yes if Hankin D kicks the goal the outcome reverses, but you will always look back on this premiership as something you know you truly didn't deserve as an ENTIRE CLUB. 0.7 to 0.1 in the last qtr with 58 to 23 inside 50s, again credit on the win, but Hahndorf lost this one. I hope your club crumbles in the future. User off. Bring on the backclash
UncleTony
Mini-League

Postby SPG » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:10 pm

TheBull wrote:

"Misses a soda"? Please. That comment suggests, either you know nothing about football, or you're deliberately trying to deceive.
SPG
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby UP THE GUTS » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:23 pm

Seems like Blackwoods defense were the big difference on the day and maybe midfield pressure as well if the inside 50s were as noted above
bad kicking is bad football gotta take your opportunities in the big dance
Great to see blackwood win after a drought since 91, not sure if it is clubs or just individuals that haven't embraced so called non hills club (blackwood) over the years but they have been in the hills league for years (this is getting a bit tiring to hear)
As for bad winners shit humans comment, no doubt blackwood supporters were just doing what they could to help them over the line, good on them. The Cups at Trevor Tce and the Mighty Woods are Premiers, Congrats to all involved Players, Coaches, Support Staff, The board and all supporters.
All Past Players & Supporters have been waiting for this for a long time Up the Woods
Last edited by UP THE GUTS on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE GUTS
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby theduck » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:24 pm

Agreed it was a tough shot on goal, but not sure too many people would be feeling bad for Hankin...
Anyone who thinks hahndorf HADN'T been running their mouths all year, clearly has never spoken with their captain, who I may add also missed a couple of shots in the last quarter. Happy days
theduck
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Some interesting comments & posters on here today!

I heard the result and had a chuckle I must admit. I am no Blackwood fan, as I am of the opinion a suburban club, would be better suited in a suburban comp. If the ground invasion story is true (I have nothing to go on here other than the OP's word) then a few questions need to be asked. There is only so much the umps can do, and for that matter the HFL. Do you suggest the HFL hire 100 security guards to form a defensive wall around the ground when there is 10 minutes to go in the game? With all the experience on the Hahndorf team, where was the "on field leader" to suggest to the umps they needed to clear the ground so the bloke could take his kick. Siren has gone, even if it took a few minutes, surely it is doable. Did they bloke with the kick want to take it straight away despite the extras on the ground, or would he have preferred to wait? Hahndorf always good on the lip, That's never going to change.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby SecretInformant » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:37 pm

Corona Man wrote:Some interesting comments & posters on here today!

I heard the result and had a chuckle I must admit. I am no Blackwood fan, as I am of the opinion a suburban club, would be better suited in a suburban comp. If the ground invasion story is true (I have nothing to go on here other than the OP's word) then a few questions need to be asked. There is only so much the umps can do, and for that matter the HFL. Do you suggest the HFL hire 100 security guards to form a defensive wall around the ground when there is 10 minutes to go in the game? With all the experience on the Hahndorf team, where was the "on field leader" to suggest to the umps they needed to clear the ground so the bloke could take his kick. Siren has gone, even if it took a few minutes, surely it is doable. Did they bloke with the kick want to take it straight away despite the extras on the ground, or would he have preferred to wait? Hahndorf always good on the lip, That's never going to change.

There's a video of the final kick on the Advertiser site - http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... e35529abb0
SecretInformant

Postby UncleTony » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:46 pm

theduck wrote:Agreed it was a tough shot on goal, but not sure too many people would be feeling bad for Hankin...
Anyone who thinks hahndorf HADN'T been running their mouths all year, clearly has never spoken with their captain, who I may add also missed a couple of shots in the last quarter. Happy days

Again I disagree. Confindence and trust in your own ability, which elite players like their captain deserve to have, can easily be mistaken for "running your mouth". I also agree the blackwood supporters were in every right to do what they could to put off the shot but when security circle the entire ground all game removing players from in front of the fence then allowing what happened was a disgrace. And I wil stand by that their supporters are shit humans. When I physically saw a grown Blackwood supporter (who may also be an official of the club) push the player over while his head was hanging in tears as he ran passed is again the epitome of that Football club. Again well done to Blackwood, but their club reputation supported by its consistent actions over the years have and always will override the success they will ever have. Well done to the premiers of 2017, soak it in because I don't see it lasting long with that club culture.
UncleTony
Mini-League

Postby SuperFrank » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:17 pm

UncleTony wrote:
theduck wrote:Agreed it was a tough shot on goal, but not sure too many people would be feeling bad for Hankin...

Again I disagree. Confindence and trust in your own ability, which elite players like their captain deserve to have, can easily be mistaken for "running your mouth". I also agree the blackwood supporters were in every right to do what they could to put off the shot but when security circle the entire ground all game removing players from in front of the fence then allowing what happened was a disgrace. And I wil stand by that their supporters are shit humans. When I physically saw a grown Blackwood supporter (who may also be an official of the club) push the player over while his head was hanging in tears as he ran passed is again the epitome of that Football club. Again well done to Blackwood, but their club reputation supported by its consistent actions over the years have and always will override the success they will ever have. Well done to the premiers of 2017, soak it in because I don't see it lasting long with that club culture.

Agree, seen that push as well & it was disappointing to see that sort of sportsmanship......
SuperFrank
Rookie

Has liked: 46 times

Postby kikittome » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Fair dinkum...an official or supporter pushed a player?? Don't care who you are or what club you are from, that sort of crap is not on. I would strongly suggest a formal report be made to the HFL (for what it's worth). Wasn't at the game, as I watched another GF, but full credit to the Wood's and to Sleev's, who I've said before is a ripping coach and bloke. Hahndorf were the best team all year, but bad kicking is bad football and there are no excuses.
It will be interesting to see what their list will look like in 2018. The Wood's will definitely be around the mark again.
kikittome
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Bordertown

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy