Grand Final Tickets

Talk on the national game

Grand Final Tickets

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:29 pm

Anyone got a Standing Room ticket they wont use? Ill pay whatever u want!
I had flights and accom booked but no luck in ballot!
duncsmail7@gmail.com
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: Grand Final Tickets

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:05 pm

On that subject (& good luck with that duncs)
How many of the Crowies on this site are going? & if not, why not?
Not saying you have to but just interested as to the supporters reasons for their decisions.

Went over in 98, decided on the Friday morning, left after work, not a Crows supporter but my mate is so I went along for the experience.
Had no ticket, no accommodation, almost no car (stole the missus).
Left Friday night, stayed at Bordertown, mate remembered a uni classmate who lived there & took the punt even though he hadn't seen him in 15 years, lucked in there. The guy dropped us in Flinders st, on the way in some girl offered us a ticket for a hunge, took that & got another from a scalper near the queue where they line up for the missing MCC members, thought that was where the scalpers would hang. He wanted $600 for 2 but we reasoned with him that when the gates on that queue opened he could be left with no takers so he sold us the one for $300.
Found out later that Bill Sanderson was handing out tickets at the parade.

Just saying, it's worth the punt to head over, even if you luck out the atmosphere around Melbourne is electric & you can watch it at the cas, Federation square or a number of big screen pubs.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Grand Final Tickets

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Got rid of mine for a bloke at work for $1200 each and since then I've found out I could easily get $2k each for them. Another Bombers supporter in Melbourne just let me know a Richmond fan just paid $6k for 2 tickets off him and there are people in offering $4k a ticket. Knew I should of held off a bit longer [emoji20]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:19 pm

It should be illegal to buy tickets and flog them off for a profit!
Oh hang on it is............

No wonder the game is getting out of reach for the average punter.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:On that subject (& good luck with that duncs)
How many of the Crowies on this site are going? & if not, why not?
Not saying you have to but just interested as to the supporters reasons for their decisions.

Went over in 98, decided on the Friday morning, left after work, not a Crows supporter but my mate is so I went along for the experience.
Had no ticket, no accommodation, almost no car (stole the missus).
Left Friday night, stayed at Bordertown, mate remembered a uni classmate who lived there & took the punt even though he hadn't seen him in 15 years, lucked in there. The guy dropped us in Flinders st, on the way in some girl offered us a ticket for a hunge, took that & got another from a scalper near the queue where they line up for the missing MCC members, thought that was where the scalpers would hang. He wanted $600 for 2 but we reasoned with him that when the gates on that queue opened he could be left with no takers so he sold us the one for $300.
Found out later that Bill Sanderson was handing out tickets at the parade.

Just saying, it's worth the punt to head over, even if you luck out the atmosphere around Melbourne is electric & you can watch it at the cas, Federation square or a number of big screen pubs.

I'm going. The grand final falls on my birthday so leading into round 3 I purchased a grand final package. Had no worries going to a neutral grand final but the crows making it just topped it off nicely. Package also includes grand final breakfast at the Crown 8:30-11-:30. My seats are in M13 row AA. The same flights I got back in may for 300 return and now 2k return.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby JK » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Been to 7 GF's and always worth going to regardless of who's playing. Each time I had tickets in advance, and in 2007 managed to flog off* a spare for about $500 which covered the frog for a mate and myself during the game.

Have another mate who's been to every GF for the last 20 or so years .. Books his flights and Accom early and usually finds a ticket whilst over there.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:13 pm

JK wrote:Been to 7 GF's and always worth going to regardless of who's playing. Each time I had tickets in advance, and in 2007 managed to flog off* a spare for about $500 which covered the frog for a mate and myself during the game.

Poor Kermit, so short of work he was whoring himself.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:19 pm

Think I was decidedly Greener than Kermit after those weekends
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times