Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Booney wrote:Long weekends with great friends and family in Port Vincent. Come at me.

Jelly.

No, mainly beer and bbq's.

No wrestling then?

There is, but more Mongolian than Checkmates.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:14 am

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:Long weekends with great friends and family in Port Vincent. Come at me.

similar for us but we are heading out with the camper trailers to the flinders. and wont be coming back for a week.

although its been ages since we have had a beach getaway.... that might just have to be our next destination.

@tipper

Was in Quorn 3 weeks ago mate and went up to Hawker and back to the Cradock pub for a couple.

Notes - Kangaroos and Emu's absolutely everywhere. Thick as buggery especially the emu's. Saw two of the biggest brown's I've ever seen, one was slithering across the Hawker Road and was 3ft either side of the white line while curling along, must have been 8ft plus.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:26 am

Booney wrote:
tipper wrote:

similar for us but we are heading out with the camper trailers to the flinders. and wont be coming back for a week.

although its been ages since we have had a beach getaway.... that might just have to be our next destination.

@tipper

Was in Quorn 3 weeks ago mate and went up to Hawker and back to the Cradock pub for a couple.

Notes - Kangaroos and Emu's absolutely everywhere. Thick as buggery especially the emu's. Saw two of the biggest brown's I've ever seen, one was slithering across the Hawker Road and was 3ft either side of the white line while curling along, must have been 8ft plus.

we will be just south of hawker, camping on private property. havent been into the cradock pub, ill see if we can make time for a visit :) but we will be dining at the old ghan restaurant in hawker saturday night. its worth it there if you are back that way again. run by an alcoholic bloke who abuses all of the customers, its actually quite entertaining :lol:

and thanks for the notes on the wildlife. we always see the coat of arms when up that way, and quite often in numbers, but im yet to see snakes thankfully. ill certainly keep my eye out and have something on hand to deal with any scaly visitors. really not keen to share our campsite with them. beautiful reptiles, but im happy seeing them at the zoo

really hanging out to get away now. how am i supposed to get anything done now that im dreaming of camping??
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Think I got all "camped out" as a kid, used to spend most weekends in a tent around the state.
Got soft when I grew up, only luxury for me since. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Wedgie wrote:Think I got all "camped out" as a kid, used to spend most weekends in a tent around the state.
Got soft when I grew up, only luxury for me since. :lol:

trust me, we arent exactly roughing it. our camper folds out to roughly the size of our house. and so far, the kids love it. although we dont go anywhere near as often as id like. our last camping trip was easter :(
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:50 pm

I actually have always felt guilty as we never took our kids camping. But having said that we did take them to Thailand, Queensland and many trips to Victoria, and my parents did take them camping a few times. I had a ball as a kid at various places around the state.

Anyway, another thing I rate is getting a gig as a bar tender at the Oktoberfest in the Garden at the showgrounds a week from Saturday, more spending money for Thailand! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:56 pm

Pics of our "taj mahal" and wrangler taken just outside of blanchetown. Sadly we wont have as much booze with us as skeffs taj, but ill go close. :)

Between the two we should have a good few daysImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:49 pm

tipper wrote:Pics of our "taj mahal" and wrangler taken just outside of blanchetown. Sadly we wont have as much booze with us as skeffs taj, but ill go close. :)

Between the two we should have a good few daysImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You should've gone up last weekend to erect it mate.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:You should've gone up last weekend to erect it mate.

lol. i wouldnt have come back :)

it actually doesnt take that long. we have done it enough times now we know what needs doing, and in what order. its a great camper for setting up as a base station, as we will be this trip, as its huge and has heaps of undercover area. wouldnt be so good if you were planning to do cape york or the sompson desert, somewhere you are setting up and packing up each day. someday ill upgrade to something simpler (not a caravan!!) and do a big trip :)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:07 pm

tipper wrote:

it actually doesnt take that long. we have done it enough times now we know what needs doing, and in what order. its a great camper for setting up as a base station, as we will be this trip, as its huge and has heaps of undercover area. wouldnt be so good if you were planning to do cape york or the sompson desert, somewhere you are setting up and packing up each day. someday ill upgrade to something simpler (not a caravan!!) and do a big trip :)

what are the pros and cons of a camper vs a caravan vs just a tent?

I havent been camping in years, but when my lad and nephew and niece get a bit older i would love to start again
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:28 pm

bennymacca wrote:
tipper wrote:

what are the pros and cons of a camper vs a caravan vs just a tent?

I havent been camping in years, but when my lad and nephew and niece get a bit older i would love to start again

personally i prefer the camper as it folds down to a smaller unit which makes it easier to store and to tow, yet it still gives more storage for carrying all the assorted crap for camping. can get it to places that some caravans wouldnt go too.

we initially camped in a tent, but between that, and everything else we had to go without a lot of things just to fit it all in the car. with the above setup, we are pretty much self sufficient. cooking, food storage, bedding etc are all there. the missus and i sleep on an innerspring mattress too. much better than an air mattress :)

only thing we are really missing is a way to top up the camper battery to run the fridge, but so far havent been camping anywhere long enough to flatten it. so at some point ill get some solar panels, but it can wait.

each option does have its advantages and disadvantages, i just find that a camper suits the way we camp a lot better than the other options

edit: also, you dont need to wait too long for the kids to grow up to go camping mate. our youngest was only a few months old his first trip. get them hooked while they are young ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:00 pm

Affordability too, I've been looking at campers and (2nd hand) you can pick up something "decent" for $7-10k. Go to $12-15k and get something all terrain, with some bells and whistles.

Caravans you start at around $15k for something sound and just go up and up from there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:20 pm

thanks lads

my brother and i have almost been successful in pressuring my old man to buy a boat that will live at my brother's house in waikerie. Has picked out the exact one he wants and was asking whether my brother's shed was big enough.

so maybe once that is done we can start working on the camper trailer :D
bennymacca
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:34 pm

bennymacca wrote:thanks lads

my brother and i have almost been successful in pressuring my old man to buy a boat that will live at my brother's house in waikerie. Has picked out the exact one he wants and was asking whether my brother's shed was big enough.

Ask your dad if he will buy me a boat too ;)

Edit. If you want to check them out there is usially a caravan and camping show at wayville twice a year. Costs to get in but you can check out everything from swags to full blown winnebago type stuff. I found it goodfor narrowing down our search before we bought ours second hand
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:53 pm

tipper wrote:
bennymacca wrote:thanks lads

Ask your dad if he will buy me a boat too ;)

Edit. If you want to check them out there is usially a caravan and camping show at wayville twice a year. Costs to get in but you can check out everything from swags to full blown winnebago type stuff. I found it goodfor narrowing down our search before we bought ours second hand

good advice

dont see myself buying one any time soon. for a few weekend trips up river somewhere a tent is probably enough.

My plan is to buy a caracan/camper when i retire in 30 years and just travel around australia until i get sick of it. and hopefully get plenty more overseas travel in when im younger
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:08 pm

bennymacca wrote:My plan is to buy a caracan/camper when i retire in 30 years and just travel around australia until i get sick of it.

That's what my uncle did, retired a bit early he and his then wife bought a caravan and just travelled around Australia for years. He made some great friends in different states on the caravan circuit he's still close with today so much so one of the wealthier ones paid for his trip to Europe they did together. He also made friends with a German couple travelling around here and after the husband died the widow invited him over to Germany I think she paid for that too.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Psyber » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:17 pm

My first wife was into camping - her Uncle was at one time (late 1950s and early 60s I think) President of the local Bushwalkers club and introduced her to it.
We did a bit of it in the 70s, but these days I'm more into a fast car and a good Motel or hiring a cabin.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Grenville » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:31 pm

Ah the Ventnor Hotel how I've missed ye.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:02 pm

Work is over until next Wednesday...
Bit of golf planned tomorrow, friday got a golf lesson plus a hit after. Watch my doggy win on friday. Saturday golf and then a tour at glenside that night
Sunday.....no idea maybe another couple of homebrews to put down for xmas a bbq...
Monday....who knows..too far away
Friday week off to Pt Lincoln....for work
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11833 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby MW » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:06 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Work is over until next Wednesday...
Bit of golf planned tomorrow, friday got a golf lesson plus a hit after. Watch my doggy win on friday. Saturday golf and then a tour at glenside that night
Sunday.....no idea maybe another couple of homebrews to put down for xmas a bbq...
Monday....who knows..too far away
Friday week off to Pt Lincoln....for work

Game of footy Saturday? ;)
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion