HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby oldbomber » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Well i was wrong about hahndorf being unbeatable. Hourigan, Jaensch just didnt fire on the big stage this time round so yeah i too feel hahndorf lost it more than blackwood won it but hey who cares. History will say blackwood won it! Great for the league to see them get rolled and really just proves anything can happen in grand finals. What a feral mob of supporters right near him in the video lol poor fella. And didnt see the push but if true the league should take severe action against that. Supporters should not be touching umpires and opposition players...could have got out of hand very easily this one.
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby chopper7 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:43 pm

I hope Dave Hankin has his cheque ready to replace the door in the Lobethal changerooms that he decided to put his fist through!!

Agree that it is completely disgusting that a supporter/offical pushed a player over in the post match celebrations, he is lucky he didn't wear a Hankin punch to the face for that type of pathetic behaviour!!
Goodluck to Blackwood, they will continue to be one of the most hated clubs in the Hills with those types of actions!
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby SuperFrank » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:15 pm

chopper7 wrote:I hope Dave Hankin has his cheque ready to replace the door in the Lobethal changerooms that he decided to put his fist through!!

Agree that it is completely disgusting that a supporter/offical pushed a player over in the post match celebrations, he is lucky he didn't wear a Hankin punch to the face for that type of pathetic behaviour!!
Goodluck to Blackwood, they will continue to be one of the most hated clubs in the Hills with those types of actions!

David has apologised from what I have heard & said he will be paying for the new door.

The Blackwood official should wish himself lucky it was the door & not his nose. Violence/destruction of club property is NOT on but I would of probably done the same in those circumstances haha
SuperFrank
Rookie

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby norwood8 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:32 pm

With the people running Blackwood over the years, these 'so called' actions don't surprise me.

Hats off to any underdog who gets up in a premiership, just proves anything can happen on the big day.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby BurntToast » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:52 pm

Interesting, I didn't see Hankin get pushed over. If this is true though, it is very disappointing and something that should certainly be looked into. I wouldn't let the actions of one individual speak for the club as a whole . I am surprised however about people criticising our supporters on the boundary line putting Hankin off. Totally ridiculous if you think that is unacceptable. What a precious line of rhetoric to say that Hahndorf 'lost' the game rather then Blackwood winning it. Words of a sore loser I feel. One last note, I am sick to death of people in the HFL flogging the dead horse of "Blackwood is a metro club". We are in the HFL, have been for quite some time and will continue to be so. We do not have 200 000 to source from, most of our players our local guys within the Blackwood area; Coromandle Valley, Belair, Hawthornedene, Eden Hills. What a childish and frankly jealous statement that is.
BurntToast

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Always been a lot of hate for Blackwood, never understood it.

One advantage they and Flaggies have, is the very successful football program at Blackwood High, it does help attracting players.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:52 am

Corona Man wrote:I am no Blackwood fan, as I am of the opinion a suburban club, would be better suited in a suburban comp.

As opposed to Ironbank, Mount Lofty, Kangarilla & Bridgewater which are also suburban

Mount Barker is closer to the CBD than Gawler & Sellicks Beach (the northern and southern extremes of the Adelaide Metropolitan Area), and there are many Hills clubs between the city and Mt Barker.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Corona Man wrote:I am no Blackwood fan, as I am of the opinion a suburban club, would be better suited in a suburban comp.

As opposed to Ironbank, Mount Lofty, Kangarilla & Bridgewater which are also suburban

Mount Barker is closer to the CBD than Gawler & Sellicks Beach (the northern and southern extremes of the Adelaide Metropolitan Area), and there are many Hills clubs between the city and Mt Barker.

I will debate that Kangarilla & Bridgewater are not suburban every day of the week. Mt Lofty, is Stirling (essentially), a hills town. Ironbank is not far from Coro Valley, but far enough. The Blackwood oval is in suburbia.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby BurntToast » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:

I will debate that Kangarilla & Bridgewater are not suburban every day of the week. Mt Lofty, is Stirling (essentially), a hills town. Ironbank is not far from Coro Valley, but far enough. The Blackwood oval is in suburbia.

Clutching at straws now Corona Man. Where you up in arms with Sedan-Cambrai or Callington when they were in the league? Probably not I would suggest. If these rumors turn into fruition about both Happy Valley and Flagstaff joinging the HFL, I can smell I boil over from people with the opinion such as yours. It shouldn't matter where the club is situated (within reason). The Hills Football League is the name, not a by law or requirement to be a part of the league. If you're such a "Hills" football purest like you appear to be, why are you not head hunting the city based players that are playing for these "hills" teams? I know for 100% certainty that the very club you support has at the very least 8 of your senior A grade list live in the city and never played juniours at the club you are aligned with.
BurntToast

Postby Corona Man » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Just an option, you are welcome to yours.

Sedan/Cambrai or at least Cambrai were part of the Mt Torrens footy club. Callington were part of the Nairne Bremer footy club, so I had no issue with either. My point is about where your club is located, not where your or any other clubs players come from. That's a different argument altogether. If other suburban clubs join the HFL then so be it. I doubt the league will be seeking out my opinion.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby BurntToast » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:46 pm

Fair enough, I just think it is a slightly flawed argument at best when Mt Barker amoung others is classified as suburbia.
BurntToast

Postby Wheezy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:41 pm

Uncle Tony,
You sound like one seriously salty Hahndorf supporter. Were you at the game on Saturday? I was and having excuses like the wind and the supporters putting players off from the side line, what a joke. Your team lost to a bunch of blokes who weren't boasting during the year about a flag they hadn't won.
I suggest you get off your high horse, eat a large piece of humble pie and crawl back into your cave. I can guarantee if your supporters had as much heart and passion for they're team you'd be on the side lines doing what you could too.

As for bad winners, I'm sure people on here would love to see a photo of Hahndorfs C Grade coach after they won the 2016 final against Blackwood.
The photo consisted of the C Grade coach posing naked on a couch with the premiership flag covering his genitals.
This photo was sent on the night to the Blackwood Facebook page.

Suck it up princess, Blackwood won 3/4 senior flags this year and Hahndorf won 1. Bring on the back lash haha Knob Head
Wheezy
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby UncleTony » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:59 am

I don't support teams I support the game Wheezy you damn oxygen thief
UncleTony
Mini-League

Postby norwood8 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:21 am

Wheezy wrote:The photo consisted of the C Grade coach posing naked on a couch with the premiership flag covering his genitals.

A bit like the fireman calendar shoot, brilliant.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Wheezy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:24 pm

Haha sounds like it peanut
Wheezy
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby wonder_kid » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:19 am

Kangarilla a suburban club yeah right I've now heard it all
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:17 pm

So any player movement rumours? Heard Hahndorf maybe set to loose a few
Sideshow Bob
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Stackson » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:59 pm

Torrens Valley will be without their Best and Fairest winner Kurt Waterman signed with a South Western Victorian club for big $$$$ and the use of a car apparently
Stackson
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Eudunda

Postby livefooty » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:49 am

Stackson wrote:Torrens Valley will be without their Best and Fairest winner Kurt Waterman signed with a South Western Victorian club for big $$$$ and the use of a car apparently

Sounds like they might be without a fair few from what I heard. Mass exodus
livefooty
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Robe

Postby BurntToast » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:20 pm

To the best of my knowledge the Woodies look set to keep the majority their squad of 2017 into 2018. Mail I have is Gore is set to return to Hahndorf after being delisted from the Crows.
BurntToast

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy