2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Postby am Bays » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:28 pm

Dutchy wrote:Im a bit over all the Phil Walsh stuff, while a tragedy Im not convinced his impact in a few months was as dramatic as everyone has made it to be.

Wrong

Booney wrote:
I think the people within the confines of the club would dispute that, quite heavily in fact.

Note that he replaced Sanderson who was slowly taking Adelaide in the wrong direction, it wasn't a happy club under Sanderson. Walsh in a very short time righted that ship, he quickly replaced van Berlo with Walker to point the club in a new direction and you can tell how the players speak of him he immediately captured their attention.

Also, speak to any of the Port Adelaide or West Coast boys who had him as a mentor / assistant coach and they'll tell you how much of an influence he was. Very highly regarded man by many.

Nailed it.

Knowing a few people in the Crows employ (on field and off) I think you'll find his loss is still being felt today.

E.g. as one person related atn the time (who has 20 years experience at the elite/international level in numerous football codes), they never had a "connection" to a single senior coach as they did with Walsh
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:34 pm

Crows by 52 points in a boring as bat shit game like every finals game this year bar one.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:35 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Crows by 52 points in a boring as bat shit game like every finals game this year bar one.

60+ for my bets please.

On the Front Bar Molloy said to McLachlan "Let's hope this game is a ripper like the rest of the finals have been". I'll excuse him, he's drunk on euphoria, but dear me was he wrong!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Guys stop talking about it, Dutchy is sick of hearing about it

Didnt say that, moreso I think it is taking away the impact Pyke has had on the group.

it's not a case of taking away the impact of Pyke on the group, moreso recognising the impact Walsh's death is still being felt by people at the Crows today.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Crows by 52 points in a boring as bat shit game like every finals game this year bar one.

60+ for my bets please.

On the Front Bar Molloy said to McLachlan "Let's hope this game is a ripper like the rest of the finals have been". I'll excuse him, he's drunk on euphoria, but dear me was he wrong!

Has this been one of the most boring, one sided finals series ever? Only game that was exciting was the Port v WCE game!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Booney wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:Wanting Adelaide to win, not because I support them but because they have been the only top-four side this year. None of the others would have made the top four over the last six or eight years (last year maybe excepted).
It is akin to 2007 when Port where the last opponent standing.
Adelaide by 12 goals.

Port beat Hawthorn in Tassie and Geelong in Geelong in consecutive weeks turning around 50 and 40 odd point losses to those sides earlier in the yar, beat the 2006 premiers the first week of the finals after finishing level with them ( a classic game if you can be arsed ) and slaughtered the Kangas in the prelim.

It was Geelong, Port/West Coast or nobody that year and, sadly, much akin to this year Geelong were on a mission that day while Port were still riding a wave from a couple of seasons earlier, we did earn our right to be there that day. Lucky, hey?

This week, Adelaide on a mission, Richmond riding a wave from just winning a final.

Port kicked two goals in the last half minute in Tassie when Hawthorn thought they had it won.
To their credit, played a good game against Geelong and won by turnover in their last few seconds.
West Coast were 2nd at 3/4 time of their last game and gave up %, otherwise you would have been going to Perth.
The Port/WCE final was a good game, Cousins going down at an important time.
The Port/NM was one of the least intense finals games I have ever seen.
Collingwood just missed out on fourth, and IMO were better than NM and Port that year.
Stand by my opinion that everything went right for Port over those last few weeks until the last game.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:03 pm

And Boon's point stands too.

Adelaide have been on a mission for a couple of seasons. Set to finish what Walsh (RIP) started. The Tigers just happy to be there.

This has smacking written all over it.

Crows by 60+
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:06 pm

My only concern with the Crows has been their lack lustre performances at the MCG this year.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:09 pm

Dutchy wrote:My only concern with the Crows has been their lack lustre performances at the MCG this year.

Don't you mean "our only hope, is the lack lustre performances at the G.....
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1277 times
Been liked: 3476 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:18 pm

am Bays wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Im a bit over all the Phil Walsh stuff, while a tragedy Im not convinced his impact in a few months was as dramatic as everyone has made it to be.

Wrong

Booney wrote:
I think the people within the confines of the club would dispute that, quite heavily in fact.

Note that he replaced Sanderson who was slowly taking Adelaide in the wrong direction, it wasn't a happy club under Sanderson. Walsh in a very short time righted that ship, he quickly replaced van Berlo with Walker to point the club in a new direction and you can tell how the players speak of him he immediately captured their attention.

Also, speak to any of the Port Adelaide or West Coast boys who had him as a mentor / assistant coach and they'll tell you how much of an influence he was. Very highly regarded man by many.

Nailed it.

Knowing a few people in the Crows employ (on field and off) I think you'll find his loss is still being felt today.

E.g. as one person related atn the time (who has 20 years experience at the elite/international level in numerous football codes), they never had a "connection" to a single senior coach as they did with Walsh

You only had to listen to Walsh in his press conferences and in media interviews to see why he was so well regarded. His ability to engage people was unreal. He did the real hard work in the first 6 months at the Adelaide FC as coach however I strongly still believe the best move the club did was appoint Fagan. The club has always improved under his watch.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:21 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
You only had to listen to Walsh in his press conferences and in media interviews to see why he was so well regarded. His ability to engage people was unreal. He did the real hard work in the first 6 months at the Adelaide FC as coach however I strongly still believe the best move the club did was appoint Fagan. The club has always improved under his watch.

Fagan, mate, he's great to listen too, mate, you know, as a CEO mate, he's great you know, mate. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:54 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:however I strongly still believe the best move the club did was appoint Fagan. The club has always improved under his watch.

100% agree, and recall saying at the time of his appointment it was a good one.

Koch could learn a thing or two about how he conducts himself too.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:33 pm

The Bedge wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:however I strongly still believe the best move the club did was appoint Fagan. The club has always improved under his watch.

100% agree, and recall saying at the time of his appointment it was a good one.

Koch could learn a thing or two about how he conducts himself too.

Has there been any explanation for why Koch walked through the Front Bar set last night during a segment?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
PatowalongaPirate

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:37 pm

Just saw the doco of the Crows 97 flag on foxfooty at the pub, great stuff especially as I was there that day.
I still to this day can't work out how Darren Jarman got possession of the ball before one of the goals he kicked. I remember slowing down my VHS of the game many times but still to this day can't see how he did it, he truly was a magician.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Wedgie wrote:Just saw the doco of the Crows 97 flag on foxfooty at the pub, great stuff especially as I was there that day.
I still to this day can't work out how Darren Jarman got possession of the ball before one of the goals he kicked. I remember slowing down my VHS of the game many times but still to this day can't see how he did it, he truly was a magician.

Is that when he pivoted around his body and stood with his feet together as it went through? Thought the same thing...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:43 pm

Kids are having a ball at the MCG today, my daughter has already sent me pics of her and Stevie J, the Bont and Josh Kennedy.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:44 pm

received_10214259153257991.jpeg
(279.18 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

received_10214259156058061.jpeg
(328.3 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

received_10214259157018085.jpeg
(236.62 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:45 pm

MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Just saw the doco of the Crows 97 flag on foxfooty at the pub, great stuff especially as I was there that day.

Is that when he pivoted around his body and stood with his feet together as it went through? Thought the same thing...

Yep
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:46 pm

Wedgie wrote:Kids are having a ball at the MCG today, my daughter has already sent me pics of her and Stevie J, the Bont and Josh Kennedy.

Any chance she can get a photo with a current All Australian player and not those past it already...
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
PatowalongaPirate

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL