2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Talk on the national game

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:29 am

Jack Graham averages 7 tackles per game, crazy stat for a teenager just finding his feet.

11's on Sportsbet for the 2018 Rising Star.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:31 am

I would be filthy if I was the coach with the way Jenkins approaches the game. It's like he doesn't want to get his hands dirty, just wants to be the guy who gets out the back onto some easy delivery in space and kick his goals.

Why him or Otten didn't once try and force a contest with Rance is astounding.. allowed him to just roam free in their forward 50 and take intercept marks at will.

If they at least make him accountable, maybe force the ball to ground, then the likes of Betts come into play more and who knows maybe the Crows kick a few more in the first half and make life more difficult for the Tigers.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby JK » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:32 am

Booney wrote:The thing Adelaide talked up all year "total team defence" and "total team effort" couldn't have been further from the truth on the weekend.

Sloane had a crack early, M.Crouch got his 37 touches going 35m and Laird had some bright moments, bar that the rest of them can hang their heads. Nobody played 4 quarters.

( If anyone mentions Jacobs then don't be silly, I could have had 40 hit outs with no opponent )

It's a bit of an age old argument isn't it though - Star power vs total team of even contributors. I need to see the game again to assess it all properly, but I do recall watching and feeling sorry for the Crows back half a few times.

Doubt there will ever be a game Adelaide would miss Dangerfield more than Saturday's.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:34 am

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:The thing Adelaide talked up all year "total team defence" and "total team effort" couldn't have been further from the truth on the weekend.

Sloane had a crack early, M.Crouch got his 37 touches going 35m and Laird had some bright moments, bar that the rest of them can hang their heads. Nobody played 4 quarters.

( If anyone mentions Jacobs then don't be silly, I could have had 40 hit outs with no opponent )

It's a bit of an age old argument isn't it though - Star power vs total team of even contributors. I need to see the game again to assess it all properly, but I do recall watching and feeling sorry for the Crows back half a few times.

Doubt there will ever be a game Adelaide would miss Dangerfield more than Saturday's.

Yep, I'll probably take another look at some stage over summer when it's hot out and cool in.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7489 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby JK » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:35 am

The Bedge wrote:I would be filthy if I was the coach with the way Jenkins approaches the game. It's like he doesn't want to get his hands dirty, just wants to be the guy who gets out the back onto some easy delivery in space and kick his goals.

Why him or Otten didn't once try and force a contest with Rance is astounding.. allowed him to just roam free in their forward 50 and take intercept marks at will.

If they at least make him accountable, maybe force the ball to ground, then the likes of Betts come into play more and who knows maybe the Crows kick a few more in the first half and make life more difficult for the Tigers.

Felt before the game the Crows would need someone to come over the top of Rance, and that man was McGovern. The speed that Walker and Otten move at was ideal for Rance to dominate. Not that it probably would have mattered when the Crows were so comprehensively beaten around the ground, the forwards as terrible as they were didn't have a heap to work with.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:35 am

The Bedge wrote:I would be filthy if I was the coach with the way Jenkins approaches the game. It's like he doesn't want to get his hands dirty, just wants to be the guy who gets out the back onto some easy delivery in space and kick his goals.

Or at least drag him away from the contest. Rance was having a field day
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby JK » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:36 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

Yep, I'll probably take another look at some stage over summer when it's hot out and cool in.

See if they can show it at the pub and we'll compare notes over a few quiet ones? ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:36 am

JK wrote:

I just loved the way Richmond went about it, just a bunch of kids having a red hot crack.

I've always been critical of Hardwick, good on him now, he's a premiership coach with probably the 6th or 7th best list, maybe 10th or 11th if we judged in April, it's hard not to love what they've done.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:40 am

Great thread boys. Keep it up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:44 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:he's a premiership coach with the 9th best list if we judged in April, it's hard not to love what they've done.

:lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:45 am

The Crows were scared of Rance.
They said Otten for McGovern was like for like, but it wasn't. They needed movement and flexibility, which they didn't get. I'm not even sure Milera would've been the option. Cameron didn't perform, so why would he?
If Adelaide were to win, they would do so off half-back with run. Bar the first five minutes that never looked like happening - Smith was most definitely missed.
Walker is 50/50 in big games. And Betts, maybe, just maybe we saw why Carlton, given where they play many of their games, were happy to trade Eddie - he doesn't do much on the G.
I'm anti-Crow, but I was really disappointed with them and for their supporters on the weekend. They just didn't show up.
Richmond were happy to win ugly, the way they threw their body at the ball and player, always pushing the ball forward was immense and a signature of that win.
Houli was absolutely outstanding and was my BOG.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Spargo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:55 am

5AA, today @ 3:04pm, I'm there...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:57 am

Spargo wrote:5AA, today @ 3:04pm, I'm there...

Didn't hear the broadcast of the game but if rowey didn't lose his job he didn't do it right
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2601 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:59 am

MW wrote:
Spargo wrote:5AA, today @ 3:04pm, I'm there...

Didn't hear the broadcast of the game but if rowey didn't lose his job he didn't do it right

Did you see him in the studio on Friday in his original Crows guernsey? About 4" on his guts was hanging out, he was unshaven, wearing stubbies and the Prime Minister came into the Melbourne studio. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Oh jesus christ...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2601 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby morell » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:08 pm

I don't care what anyone says I ******* love Rowey.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:16 pm

morell wrote:I don't care what anyone says I ******* love Rowey.

Half pissed 40-something nong on the hill?

Hmm...
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:20 pm

=))

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:47 pm

Hardwick and Richmond's list give me a glimmer of hope about Buckley & Collingwood.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:49 pm

Booney wrote:=))

So that's the car you get ahead of yourself in. :lol:

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy