The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby LMA » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:24 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I'm trying to understand those increased crowds for the finals - as that's not what I saw in the first two weeks.

Simple my friend if you are an SANFL CLUB MEMBER and attended every home game you would of received 2 free passes from the SANFL for all finals including the Grand Final all for your loyalty.

I gave mine away NOT interested in watching the AFL RESERVES IMPOSTERS ( MAGPIES )

So I would say over half the pundits there had these free passes plus all the the other free tickets handed out on the day.

Well done to all involved.

Free GF passes for club members, is this a new initiative? If not this makes no sense that there was only 30k last year and 25k the year before, but 38k the year before that. The common denominators for good crowds are Port, Sturt & Norwood regardless of free passes
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:29 pm

LMA wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I'm trying to understand those increased crowds for the finals - as that's not what I saw in the first two weeks.

Simple my friend if you are an SANFL CLUB MEMBER and attended every home game you would of received 2 free passes from the SANFL for all finals including the Grand Final all for your loyalty.

I gave mine away NOT interested in watching the AFL RESERVES IMPOSTERS ( MAGPIES )

So I would say over half the pundits there had these free passes plus all the the other free tickets handed out on the day.

Well done to all involved.

Free GF passes for club members, is this a new initiative? If not this makes no sense that there was only 30k last year and 25k the year before, but 38k the year before that. The common denominators for good crowds are Port, Sturt & Norwood regardless of free passes

Not a new initiative my friend same policy last year as well went to all all the minor finals to watch Central so nothing new this is the norm in an attempt to get the crowd numbers up worked well this year.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:43 pm

So if it's not a new initiative then the impact on the crowd is nothing?

The only thing to change since last year is Port in, Eagles out then.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:49 pm

At the end of the day the last two seasons have had the worst total crowds in the history of the SANFL, despite drops when the AFL sides came in they got worse. The SANFL are spruking about one day only and that only occurred because the Eagles choked again.
Now they're bringing out the old chest nut about looking at Sunday footy.
FFS at least every 2nd year they bring this one out except for the fact it rotates with too much Sunday games and looking at more Saturday games and vice versa as this years is, it's been happening for probably 20 years if not longer.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby LPH » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:19 pm

LMA wrote: Two very different perspectives of LOSS here. Footy has been in my life for nearly 40 years it has caused pain and joy but at the end of the day its only a game. You seem a passionate person with strong ideals but perhaps it's time to fully get off the fence it has been 4 years and I can't see it changing anytime soon, the AFL won't be backing a Reserves comp with the development of the AFLW so if you're already boycotting games due to your club's vote why torment yourself in here or by watching/listening to media content.

Yes PAFC has been on it's knees and received handouts, proud organizations do whatever it takes to survive much like the Eagles merger. As for Port recruiting players with no intention of playing them for the purpose of strengthening the Magpies, what utter BS. As I have said on here before it's the same group of people telling me that the Power recruit, or in your words steal, to strengthen the Magpies for premiership success then they tell me that they're only there for development and don't care about winning.

Mate I am not here to argue with a fellow SANFL follower of 40 odd years. I apologise if I came off a little terse. :oops:
I actually wanted the real Magpies to stay in the Competition, as The Magpies, not the Power Reserves. Port got a 'free-kick' with Eddy, no-one can deny that - he only played 2 games for the AFL side. It is completely unfair that South had him ripped from them, then playing against them. For the Lad, its the best thing to be on an AFL list, that is undeniable. But the fact remains that the 'Magpies' had to do ZERO to get him & as a result, have a ready made, proven Goal Kicker.

You say "... sitting on the fence", how have I sat on the fence? :shock:
I have been on one side of this debate from long before it gained 'traction' & became a reality. I was protesting the onset of this abomination in 2012, when it was initially mooted. Maybe its because my Club (West Torrens) was so shite growing up, & my Family's long history in the SANFL that I am a fan of the Competition before any Club. Perhaps that is the issue for me, who knows?
What I do know is the behaviour of WWTFC Board in refusing to seek a Member Vote before making their 'Yes' vote in support of the AFL Reserves was both disrespectful & out of touch. THIS above all else is the reason for my 'stay away', that, & Kurt Slaven's arrogant words to me; "You'll be back". This statement alone suggests that his view is that Football Supporters are to be treated 'with a grain of salt', this after 22 years of begging for Membership $$$ particularly after the heart-break of the 1990 Merger. If this is "... sitting on the fence", then 'Guilty as Charged, Your Honour'...
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LMA » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:21 pm

Certainly not questioning where you stand on the matter, fence sitting was referring to the fact that you stated you don't go to games anymore but, tell me if I'm wrong, you still have an interest in the results and activities via here, TV and radio.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LPH » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:52 am

Yeah, I have an interest - but not like it once was. That said, very little interest in WWT. I watch the occasional game on TV, but for the 1st time since 1975 I didn't attend a match this season. I stay in touch through here but even that has wained since not attending games. It is my son who wants us to return, I'm not so sure I can but 'risingblues' point about going but not wearing colours might be the way back, who knows?
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby therisingblues » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:49 am

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:All bullshit aside... if the Magpies was not the Power's reserves, they would have gotten 45,000 plus to this year's grand final.

Sturt v Eagles 45,000 plus? Where were you finding 16,000 people?

?
Sorry Booney, you lost me.
Are you saying that if the Magpies were not the Power's reserves then it would have been a Sturt v Eagles GF?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:51 am

therisingblues wrote:
Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:All bullshit aside... if the Magpies was not the Power's reserves, they would have gotten 45,000 plus to this year's grand final.

Sturt v Eagles 45,000 plus? Where were you finding 16,000 people?

?
Sorry Booney, you lost me.
Are you saying that if the Magpies were not the Power's reserves then it would have been a Sturt v Eagles GF?

My bad, I misinterpreted your comments. I understand your dismay.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:07 am

LPH wrote:Yeah, I have an interest - but not like it once was. That said, very little interest in WWT. I watch the occasional game on TV, but for the 1st time since 1975 I didn't attend a match this season. I stay in touch through here but even that has wained since not attending games. It is my son who wants us to return, I'm not so sure I can but 'risingblues' point about going but not wearing colours might be the way back, who knows?

Return as a spectator - not as a member.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby therisingblues » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:19 pm

Pseudo wrote:
LPH wrote:Yeah, I have an interest - but not like it once was. That said, very little interest in WWT. I watch the occasional game on TV, but for the 1st time since 1975 I didn't attend a match this season. I stay in touch through here but even that has wained since not attending games. It is my son who wants us to return, I'm not so sure I can but 'risingblues' point about going but not wearing colours might be the way back, who knows?

Return as a spectator - not as a member.

That's it. Have a few beers. Treat it as an expensive pub, and say gudday to old friends etc.
If you do this for a few months and still find not even a heart beat for your old club, then you will know for sure. I reckon you should then put that experience in writing to the Eagles footy club.
Speaking from a purely selfish point of view, one thing this "reserves crisis" has taught me, is how much I value our opposition. The Eagles need all the support they can get, and you were one of their loudest. A loss of support for one club weakens the comp as a whole, so for the good of the competition I want you to just put a toe on the terraces of Fortress Eagles (or whatever the **** you all call it these days) and see if there is any point pursuing an old flame. For the good of the comp as a whole! ;)
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby LPH » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Don't group me in with MickyJ ... I have only ever called it Woodville Oval ;)
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby GMcG » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:18 pm

As you know, I'm with you, the interest has all but gone now.
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby LPH » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Steven Trigg ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby Doddy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:58 pm

therisingblues wrote:Speaking from a purely selfish point of view, one thing this "reserves crisis" has taught me, is how much I value our opposition.

Really well put. And ditto for me.

Love my Centrals, but I'm realising it's as my representatives in this weekly contest with worthy opponents on an equal footing. ie, a League.

Unfair advantage of any kind has always been the cause of outrage (perceived bias in umpiring, salary cap breaches, bad tribunal calls, whatever) so that's why these non-capped opponents get my goat.

I want to see my guys do well in their weight division. I just want an honest contest.
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby RB » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:50 pm

^Couldn't have put it better.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Rising Power » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:39 am

No plans for national reserves comp, says AFL chief
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-02/n ... -afl-chief

"People have a view about Port and Adelaide being in the SANFL but I think it loses something if they weren't here, that's my personal view," McLachlan said.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Magellan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:59 am

Rising Power wrote:No plans for national reserves comp, says AFL chief

"Port and Adelaide have a view about Port and Adelaide being in the SANFL but I think Port and Adelaide lose something if Port and Adelaide weren't here, that's my personal view which is what Port and Adelaide told me," McLachlan said.

EFA.

Anyway, well done Gil, you actually do have a view on something. Now off you go, Jeeves has to drive you back to the polo before taking late luncheon at three.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:25 pm

Rising Power wrote:No plans for national reserves comp, says AFL chief

"People have a view about Port and Adelaide being in the SANFL but I think it loses something if they weren't here, that's my personal view," McLachlan said.

Sure, Port can be there, just not as the Power's reserves.

Majority of Port people I speak to think the same.

**** the Crows off anytime you want. Plastic bag garbage invented yesterday. Won't be missed at all.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Only had bigger crowds, more interest, multiple stations with radio coverage, better TV coverage, better media coverage, better quality footy but hey Gill we are better off with them in :roll: :roll: :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL