Adelaide Crows 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Postby beef » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:25 am

TEX07 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
MW wrote:I heard it all now.
Rohan Connolly is linking Adelaide's dealing with Levers departure as harassment and bullying.
I think the Vic Media are literally using this story as click bait to get more followers/subscribers.

lol wtf.

more like they are bullying the crows into backing down and letting players walk whenever they want

Even recent comments from Levers dad claiming he wants to go to MFC for family reasons and hopes that the Crows will "do the right thing" and get him there. Please. Why not throw that guilt trip on Melbourne and plead for them "do the right thing" and offer up what the Crows want to get him there.

Like it or not. The AFL is a business. Rarely is there any loyalty to the team or the player - its a two way street. If I am offered big coin to go to a competitor in my work industry and i accept. I am walked off site immediately. No chance to say goodbye to anyone. Hand in my phone, laptop and car and get your own taxi home. They will pay out my pay period and you're gone. Not saying I agree with it but this is kind of what happened with Lever and maybe will happen again in the future as players move more often for more money. One day we will probably be immune to it.

In that situation your former place of buisness gets no compensation. I actually think players should be able to go where ever they like when out of contract, why should adelaide get anything for lever. He's not their player anymore. He fulfilled his contract, always amazes me that teams get compensated for not being able to re-sign a player.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:27 am

hawks21 wrote:What was also humorous, Graham Cornes said he asked Rob Chapman if the Crows offered Lever 350k....Chapman's response was "why would we offer him 100k less than what we are already paying him"!

shows how ridiculous some of the numbers bandied around as "fact" are

beef wrote:In that situation your former place of buisness gets no compensation. I actually think players should be able to go where ever they like when out of contract, why should adelaide get anything for lever. He's not their player anymore. He fulfilled his contract, always amazes me that teams get compensated for not being able to re-sign a player.

i somewhat agree but i also think players' contracts should be traded without their consent. players have too much power at the moment. even though free agency is supposed to kick in after 8 years, what this situation shows is that it in effect happens even for third year players
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:38 am

Tex still complaining about lever on the radiothis morning. You’d think he’d have more important things to worry about
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:44 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Tex still complaining about lever on the radiothis morning. You’d think he’d have more important things to worry about

He has got to shut the f up.....this is going to seriously bite him on the arse if Melbourne win a flag before the Crows.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby JK » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:09 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Tex still complaining about lever on the radiothis morning. You’d think he’d have more important things to worry about

I didn't hear it, but wasn't he asked by the host(s) and gave his version of events?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby hawks21 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:11 am

Dutchy wrote:

He has got to shut the f up.....this is going to seriously bite him on the arse if Melbourne win a flag before the Crows.

Gee you blokes could get a job with Kane Cornes! :roll: :roll:
He was asked questions regarding Lever and all the misconstrued media reports going around. What's he supposed to do, say no comment? Then he would be slammed for not making comments! :roll: :oops:
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:15 am

hawks21 wrote:What's he supposed to do, say no comment? Then he would be slammed for not making comments! :roll: :oops:

Actually yes, I think that's exactly what he should've done.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby MW » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:17 am

The Bedge wrote:
hawks21 wrote:What's he supposed to do, say no comment? Then he would be slammed for not making comments! :roll: :oops:

horse shit. That would fuel the flames.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:18 am

MW wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Unlike now, where everything’s been put to bed...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:19 am

The Bedge wrote:

ADELAIDE captain Taylor Walker has vehemently denied having a “punch-up’’ with Melbourne-bound defender Jake Lever.

Walker has admitted to being “blunt” with Lever when he told him two days after the Crows’ grand final loss to Richmond that he wanted out of the club.

But he said speculation that he had broken his right hand in a fight with the All-Australian-nominated backman were “incorrect’’ and that his hand had been bandaged following finger surgery last Thursday.

“I did not have a crack at him,’’ Walker told Triple M radio.

“I was pretty honest because I don’t like people leaving our footy club.

“I said if that was the decision he wanted to make then I’m not going to agree with him because I don’t like people leaving our footy club.

“But I don’t think I was arrogant or aggressive towards him. I was probably just blunt.’’

Walker said he did not know of 21-year-old Lever’s intention to leave the Crows to seek a move to the Demons until two days after Adelaide’s shock eight-goal grand final loss.

“That’s when he rang me and told me,’’ Walker said.

“It was pretty much to do with money. He said he had decided to leave the footy club and I said mate if that’s the decision you want to make two days out from losing a grand final, I think our footy club is going in the right direction.

“I pretty much said to him he’s choosing money over success.’’

Walker said it took him “a couple of days’’ to get over Lever’s decision.

“Because I am pretty loyal and I would love everyone to stay,’’ he said.

Walker said he had heard all the “whispers and rumours’’ that Lever wanted out of the club but refused to believe them until he had been told by the player himself.

“When he rang me on the Monday that’s when I knew,’’ he said.

“I think for Jake the difference in money (offers between Adelaide and Melbourne) was a lot and to be driven by money or success is a decision you need to make.’’
'There will be a next time'

Lever had reportedly been offered $3 million for four years to join the Demons, who are trying to orchestrate a trade with the Crows, who are demanding two first-round draft picks for him.

Melbourne’s initial offer is its first (No. 10) and second round (27) picks this year.

Walker said to Lever’s credit he did not let his intention to leave the Crows affect his performances.

“I give full credit to Jake because he rocked up every day (to training), he bought into our program, he trained hard and he set high standards and that’s all I can ask from a player,’’ he said.

“Right to the end he gave us all he had.’’

Crows captain Taylor Walker watches Richmond players celebrate on the siren of the grand final. Picture: Mark Kolbe/AFL Media/Getty Images
Walker also put to bed talk of bad infighting among the players at half-time of the grand final,

as reported by television boundary rider Tim Watson.

“That’s incorrect.’’ he said.

“At our footy club we like to have conversations, I think it is really healthy that you challenge each other on the field.

“But at no point did I think there was arguing on the field. And there was no dust-up at half- time.’’

Walker described losing the grand final as one of the worst days of his life.

“We got beaten across the board, so it was really disappointing the way we played,’’ he said.

Walker said he was uncertain about speedy forward-midfielder Charlie Cameron's desire to join Brisbane while he hoped Adelaide could sign Geelong’s Steven Motlop as a free agent.
Last edited by hollywood7477 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:19 am

Just has to thank him for his service and wish him the best for the future.

End of discussion.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1211 times

Postby TEX07 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:22 am

beef wrote:
TEX07 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
MW wrote:I heard it all now.
Rohan Connolly is linking Adelaide's dealing with Levers departure as harassment and bullying.
I think the Vic Media are literally using this story as click bait to get more followers/subscribers.

lol wtf.

more like they are bullying the crows into backing down and letting players walk whenever they want

Even recent comments from Levers dad claiming he wants to go to MFC for family reasons and hopes that the Crows will "do the right thing" and get him there. Please. Why not throw that guilt trip on Melbourne and plead for them "do the right thing" and offer up what the Crows want to get him there.

Like it or not. The AFL is a business. Rarely is there any loyalty to the team or the player - its a two way street. If I am offered big coin to go to a competitor in my work industry and i accept. I am walked off site immediately. No chance to say goodbye to anyone. Hand in my phone, laptop and car and get your own taxi home. They will pay out my pay period and you're gone. Not saying I agree with it but this is kind of what happened with Lever and maybe will happen again in the future as players move more often for more money. One day we will probably be immune to it.

In that situation your former place of buisness gets no compensation. I actually think players should be able to go where ever they like when out of contract, why should adelaide get anything for lever. He's not their player anymore. He fulfilled his contract, always amazes me that teams get compensated for not being able to re-sign a player.

Lever is Adelaides player until October 31. The only way he gets to chose where he goes is through a trade. Adelaide are effectively trading him before his contract is up meaning they require something in return. He can say I just want out of Adelaide and will play anywhere and take his chances in the draft and Adelaide will get zero compensation.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby MW » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:22 am

Spargo wrote:
MW wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Unlike now, where everything’s been put to bed...

Everythings put to bed? Are you kidding?
It's all anyone is talking about.
Rucci even alluding to a fist fight in his article this morning...
MW
Coach

Been liked: 1846 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:33 am

Turn on your sarcasm meter, mate
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:39 am

Dutchy wrote:

Bet neither of you actually listened to the interview.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:39 am

Dutchy wrote:

That was my first thought.

Go the Dees
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11841 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:44 am

Money or success hey?

Lever's got money, what have Adelaide got again?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7492 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby hawks21 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:44 am

Booney wrote:Money or success hey?

More success than the Power!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:45 am

Booney wrote:Money or success hey?

Can I get back to you on that?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby MW » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:54 am

Spargo wrote:Turn on your sarcasm meter, mate

:lol: sorry, my bad
MW
Coach