Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:09 pm

oneuponedown wrote:
ol man emu wrote:Dave Murdock has been Appointed club coach at Morphett Vale.

No Appointments as yet at Christies , Happy Valley and Cove, Rumor is Porties coach has been talked into going around again in 2018.
Valley the surprising one as they have known for sometime BC not going on in 2018.

Was LJ Playing down at Victor when Murdoch was there? :oops:

OUOD I reckon HV is more than "surprising" for not appointing a coach by now but probably consistent with the poor management of the club overall and anyone who heard what happened at the AGM like I have from a few blokes will know what I am talking about. X(

All the time we dont have a coach players are being approached and snapped up by other clubs

I'm a Valleys man through and through but it's killing me to see what is happening at Taylors Rd
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby ol man emu » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:34 pm

oneuponedown wrote:

No Appointments as yet at Christies , Happy Valley and Cove, Rumor is Porties coach has been talked into going around again in 2018.
Valley the surprising one as they have known for sometime BC not going on in 2018.

Manhood reappointed.
LJ was at Victor at the time,
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:18 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Front & Centre » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:08 pm

Hearing the name Richard O'Grady as one of the strong candidates for HV job potentially in a playing coach capacity
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby SuperFrank » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Front & Centre wrote:Hearing the name Richard O'Grady as one of the strong candidates for HV job potentially in a playing coach capacity

Quality player, won a Whillas Medal in 2016 (Riverland Mail Medal), great leader & spent time in the SANFL system. Think he was expecting the PHOS coaching job & it didn't go to plan....... Would take him at my club as a player/coach!!!
SuperFrank
Rookie

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby grumpyoldman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Mister Footy wrote:
oneuponedown wrote:

OUOD I reckon HV is more than "surprising" for not appointing a coach by now but probably consistent with the poor management of the club overall and anyone who heard what happened at the AGM like I have from a few blokes will know what I am talking about. X(

All the time we dont have a coach players are being approached and snapped up by other clubs

I'm a Valleys man through and through but it's killing me to see what is happening at Taylors Rd

Mr Footy I'm surprised you haven't put your hand up to solve all the problems of HV, the goss i'm getting from the AGM is that a select group of trouble makers have had their antics backfire on them. As you say if players are being snapped up by other clubs and if this was the case then you would have to argue that they were never club men in the first place. Front and Centre seems to know whats happening with coaches at the valley maybe you should ask him/her.
grumpyoldman
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby shoe boy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:51 am

Mr Footy I'm surprised you haven't put your hand up to solve all the problems of HV, the goss i'm getting from the AGM is that a select group of trouble makers have had their antics backfire on them. As you say if players are being snapped up by other clubs and if this was the case then you would have to argue that they were never club men in the first place. Front and Centre seems to know whats happening with coaches at the valley maybe you should ask him/her.[/quote]

Is a her having to much say ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby jet-airport » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:41 am

Lonsdale clubrooms & shed has had a fire, memorabilia and plenty of damage reported.
Not ideal. Seams there was 3 or 4 fires lit last night in M/Vale area
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:44 am

jet-airport wrote:Lonsdale clubrooms & shed has had a fire, memorabilia and plenty of damage reported.
Copied response from SA Police News Facebook page:
"I can confirm that it was at our club, the back storage shed has been gutted the MFS was able to stop it from spreading to the Club Rooms themselves, thank you for everyone's concerns, Heidi Condon - O'Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale Football Club"

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:47 am

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:
jet-airport wrote:Lonsdale clubrooms & shed has had a fire, memorabilia and plenty of damage reported.
"I can confirm that it was at our club, the back storage shed has been gutted the MFS was able to stop it from spreading to the Club Rooms themselves, thank you for everyone's concerns, Heidi Condon - O'Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale Football Club"

Those still school buildings leased by the club???
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Courtney Fish » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:26 pm

heater31 wrote:

All built and paid for by the Football Club. The original Mawson Clubrooms out tbe back of the current one is what was burnt.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:34 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:
heater31 wrote:

All built and paid for by the Football Club. The original Mawson Clubrooms out tbe back of the current one is what was burnt.
No DECD buildings then......not a shit fight you would want when changing leagues!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Front & Centre » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:57 pm

GOM you clearly need a lesson in recent HV history if you are bagging players for going to other clubs. Can I remind you that we would not have won the 2012 premiership if the likes of the Eagletons, Huebner, Battifoco etc didn't return to the club?
Indeed the secretary's son and former treasurer's son have both left and returned - we should be leaving the doors open welcoming them back
By calling people trouble makers you are minimising the issues that were uncovered at the AGM which have many members concerned. These issues do not need to be raised on a public forum. I am happy to private message you to fill you in if you need it but I am sure you don't. Perhaps now is the time for the committee to become more transparent with their actions instead of elitist. I'm sure if they asked for help instead of being martyrs they would get the help they clearly need.
I am sure I am not the only one who has heard rumours about the coach and last time I checked I stand up to pee
Front & Centre
Rookie

Been liked: 12 times

Postby oneuponedown » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:54 am

SuperFrank wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:Hearing the name Richard O'Grady as one of the strong candidates for HV job potentially in a playing coach capacity

Quality player, won a Whillas Medal in 2016 (Riverland Mail Medal), great leader & spent time in the SANFL system. Think he was expecting the PHOS coaching job & it didn't go to plan....... Would take him at my club as a player/coach!!!

A playing Coach in SFL A GRADE would of been awhile since that's happened? Did Byron Murphy from Morphy park do it??
He had Porter on the side line from memory.

Not sure it would work TBH, you would be pretty reliant on the Assistant/s on the sidelines , and the runner during games would get an absolute flogging, especially if the coach is at one end of the ground.
oneuponedown
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby SuperFrank » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:18 pm

oneuponedown wrote:
SuperFrank wrote:

A playing Coach in SFL A GRADE would of been awhile since that's happened? Did Byron Murphy from Morphy park do it??
He had Porter on the side line from memory.

Not sure it would work TBH, you would be pretty reliant on the Assistant/s on the sidelines , and the runner during games would get an absolute flogging, especially if the coach is at one end of the ground.

That's a fair call. Footy has changed, hard to have player coaches these days.
SuperFrank
Rookie

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Murphy definitely player-coach for MP in SFL which he was once again this year. Still playing good footy because he won the Div 4 Medal. He has now stepped down as coach due to work commitments but is still playing in 2018.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby oldman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Murphy definitely player-coach for MP in SFL which he was once again this year. Still playing good footy because he won the Div 4 Medal. He has now stepped down as coach due to work commitments but is still playing in 2018.

Rumor is Murphy has or is having a meeting with Brighton about playing there in 2018???
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Splinter » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Cove FC's Facebook page showing that Brett Baldey has been appointed as their A Grade Coach for 2018......
Splinter

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby hollywood7477 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Splinter wrote:Cove FC's Facebook page showing that Brett Baldey has been appointed as their A Grade Coach for 2018......

what happened to JC
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Tiger83 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:54 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
Splinter wrote:Cove FC's Facebook page showing that Brett Baldey has been appointed as their A Grade Coach for 2018......

what happened to JC

Coaching Valleys AGrade???
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL