Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:34 am

He was a multi millionaire? :shock:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:35 am

His brother said he was a property tycoon.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:45 am

Brodlach wrote:It really goes to show that no matter which race, colour or sexual preference it doesnt matter. In this case a 67 year old white multi millionaire just snapped and killed so many innocent people. Sad just so very sad.

Wow!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby JK » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:47 am

Brodlach wrote:It really goes to show that no matter which race, colour or sexual preference it doesnt matter. In this case a 67 year old white multi millionaire just snapped and killed so many innocent people. Sad just so very sad.

Without going all tinfoil. does anyone ever trust that the truth will come out in "the interests of national security"?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:51 am

MW wrote:One of my best mates getting rushed to hospital with seizures. Now in an induced coma incubated in high dependency ICU waiting on MRI results as CT scan showed 'abnormality on the brain'.
I know many of you are not religious types, but just this once please pray for some positive news.

MRI showed a 3-4cm tumour in frontal lobe. Surgeons are positive they can get it out and assess from there what further treatment is needed. As my mate said, it's the best of the worst news.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:54 am

MW wrote:
MW wrote:One of my best mates getting rushed to hospital with seizures. Now in an induced coma incubated in high dependency ICU waiting on MRI results as CT scan showed 'abnormality on the brain'.
I know many of you are not religious types, but just this once please pray for some positive news.

MRI showed a 3-4cm tumour in frontal lobe. Surgeons are positive they can get it out and assess from there what further treatment is needed. As my mate said, it's the best of the worst news.

Best wishes moving forward mate, it's better than the alternative.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Good news that there's some hope mate .. I lost a mate to an inoperable brain tumour last year, my Dads sister-in-law is EOL stage as we speak now, and have another mate that's been battling one for a coupla years. Life hits pretty hard with these things, hope they manage to get it and your mate gets through OK MW
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby morell » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:29 pm

The Las Vagas shooting doesn't make me sad, it makes me ******* angry. Prayers aren't going to fix anything you ******* morons. In no sane world should an individual be able to obtain 40 ******* weapons. How can they not see their lunacy?

What does make me sad is the nonchalance that the general populace has towards these events now. 30 years ago this would've been a tragedy beyond comprehension. Now its almost par for the course.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Magellan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm

morell wrote:The Las Vagas shooting doesn't make me sad, it makes me ******* angry. Prayers aren't going to fix anything you ******* morons. In no sane world should an individual be able to obtain 40 ******* weapons. How can they not see their lunacy?

What does make me sad is the nonchalance that the general populace has towards these events now. 30 years ago this would've been a tragedy beyond comprehension. Now its almost par for the course.

I wonder what kind of shooting event will finally wake the Yanks up. But if they can't do it after Sandy Hook where schoolkids were massacred then I just don't think they can muster the common sense to do it. The cycle of shit continues.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby morell » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Magellan wrote:
morell wrote:The Las Vagas shooting doesn't make me sad, it makes me ******* angry. Prayers aren't going to fix anything you ******* morons. In no sane world should an individual be able to obtain 40 ******* weapons. How can they not see their lunacy?

I wonder what kind of shooting event will finally wake the Yanks up. But if they can't do it after Sandy Hook where schoolkids were massacred then I just don't think they can muster the common sense to do it. The cycle of shit continues.
It's a very deeply held cultural issue that stems from their pilgrim times. This distrust of any authority and there archaic belief that guns will protect them from "the man" - might've been an apt point in eighteen dickety two when muskets and local milita held sway. Not so much now in 2017.

The only way to fix it is to go through profound cultural change and address their almost psychological level assumptions.

The cartoon in Bowling for Columbine rings truer now than ever before.
morell
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Recently breaking up with my girlfriend of four and a half years.

Out of respect for her I don't want to go into great detail- We went from having a wonderful first three years together, being deeply in love and looking at spending the rest of our lives with each other to recently having polar opposite lives and not being on the same page together at all like we once were which made it too hard to stay together. Devastated that it happened would be an understatement.

So it's been a stressful and very lonely last month or so for me leading into and then breaking up but I've tried to not let it get to me too much and had the good support of my mates, workmates and sister and mum around me.

Now after a night out with my cricket mates who picked me back up and some new female attention I have a reason to smile again. Things have started to turn around quicker than I thought.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby morell » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Ah that sucks mate, thats an awful time.

Not to go straight into solutions but when I went through it I decided that I would shag anyone that was willing to restore my ego, later very much regretted it and only made me feel worse.

Not sure what you're into but my advice would be work on yourself. Be selfish as ****, Be it going to the gym, taking a short course, spending more time on your hobbies and with mates. That will mean you're at your best and the ones worthy of you will then be attracted to you.
morell
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Sorry to hear Davo, hope everything works out and it hasn't compromised your great new home x
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:54 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Recently breaking up with my girlfriend of four and a half years.

Out of respect for her I don't want to go into great detail- We went from having a wonderful first three years together, being deeply in love and looking at spending the rest of our lives with each other to recently having polar opposite lives and not being on the same page together at all like we once were which made it too hard to stay together. Devastated that it happened would be an understatement.

So it's been a stressful and very lonely last month or so for me leading into and then breaking up but I've tried to not let it get to me too much and had the good support of my mates, workmates and sister and mum around me.

Now after a night out with my cricket mates who picked me back up and some new female attention I have a reason to smile again. Things have started to turn around quicker than I thought.

Good to hear you've turned the corner, they say things are always at their darkest just before the dawn.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:28 am

morell wrote:Ah that sucks mate, thats an awful time.

Not to go straight into solutions but when I went through it I decided that I would shag anyone that was willing to restore my ego, later very much regretted it and only made me feel worse.

Not sure what you're into but my advice would be work on yourself. Be selfish as ****, Be it going to the gym, taking a short course, spending more time on your hobbies and with mates. That will mean you're at your best and the ones worthy of you will then be attracted to you.
Well mate I'm just worrying about my life at the moment and the things I need to do, like I have the past few months now. I'm progressing quite well in my life, unfortunately my girlfriend didn't want to progress with me and alianated herself from what I'm doing, that wasn't healthy.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby morell » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:12 am

Great work mate sounds like you're on the way!
morell
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:33 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Recently breaking up with my girlfriend of four and a half years.

Sorry to hear mate, things can turn to shit pretty quick and if there's nothing there anymore, there's nothing there.

Chill out and be yourself, I spent 4 years with zero interest in hooking up with anyone again, respect yourself and know what you want in life and a partner, don't sell yourself short.

Everything happens for a reason.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Sorry to hear mate, things can turn to shit pretty quick and if there's nothing there anymore, there's nothing there.

Chill out and be yourself, I spent 4 years with zero interest in hooking up with anyone again, respect yourself and know what you want in life and a partner, don't sell yourself short.

Everything happens for a reason.
Thanks LM, appreciate your thoughts.

And yes you're right, I genuinely believe everything happens for a reason.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:25 am

Sorry to hear, Davo. Living that exact situation just a couple of months ahead of yourself, I know too well what you are going through. Fantastic to read that you have a great support network of family, mates and work colleagues.

It has been mentioned already, but working on yourself is terrific advice. Things like a creating a bucket list for things such as travel, fitness regime, career goals, hobbies and interests are great ways to work out what makes you happy. Since parting ways with my wife, I have invested in myself by way of therapy and have begun a fitness regime, which has been both therapeutic for me as well as restoring my confidence. I have a newly found focus on my career and what direction I want that to take, and have some travel plans in mind with my son for when that becomes a realistic financial possibility. All things to keep my mind focused.

If you ever need a chat mate, PM me. Talking through your situation with anybody happy to lend an ear is brilliant for mental and emotional reinvigoration. I’d be only too happy to lend an ear, share my experience and be there for you to vent yours.

Best of luck mate.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Wedgie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:26 am

I shaggged non stop anything that moved after breaking up from a 22 year relationship. Best time of my life, not sure about the advice to take up knitting and become a nun.
Each to their own.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion