I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:25 am

I'm a bit out of practice as I haven't done this for over 20 years but do people take hard copy CV's to interviews any more?

I've had two interviews recently and taken nothing in with me, I have declined the jobs but have a feeling tomorrow's one is something that will fit all the criteria that I'm after.

I will admit the first interview I went to I didn't think they'd be matching what I was willing to settle on but I thought I'd have some interview practice.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7925 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:28 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm a bit out of practice as I haven't done this for over 20 years but do people take hard copy CV's to interviews any more?

I've had two interviews recently and taken nothing in with me, I have declined the jobs but have a feeling tomorrow's one is something that will fit all the criteria that I'm after.

I will admit the first interview I went to I didn't think they'd be matching what I was willing to settle on but I thought I'd have some interview practice.

Don't think I've ever taken a CV to an interview - they should have a copy plus the cover letter you sent them when you applied, if they don't then I think it shows they're a bit unorganised and I wouldn't work there lol

Unless you'd like to have it there as a reference point for you if you need to quickly look at something or for a timely reminder?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:30 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm a bit out of practice as I haven't done this for over 20 years but do people take hard copy CV's to interviews any more?

I've only taken hard copies to interviews when I've had to update it between applying and the interview. Usually take a folder with me though to look the goods...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:30 am

I've taken a copy out of excessive caution, but typically it shouldn't be necessary as they should already have your CV.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:43 am

I wouldn't worry about taking a copy. If you're at the interview stage the person who is interviewing you will have a copy, or should, at least.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:57 am

Thanks guys, I will take something in there to look a little professional and I like to ask more questions than the interviewer so I'll jot down notes.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Thanks guys, I will take something in there to look a little professional and I like to ask more questions than the interviewer so I'll jot down notes.

Maybe take it on a zip if you feel the need?

If the interviewer baulks at paperwork you can whip it out* and presto.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Thanks guys, I will take something in there to look a little professional and I like to ask more questions than the interviewer so I'll jot down notes.

Just a snazzy folder thing to make me look a little more presentable will suffice, just hope he doesn't ask me to see what's inside it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:21 pm

More importantly, in which font is your CV rendered? Times-Roman, Helvetica, or (god forbid) Comic Sans? After all, you wouldn't want to distract from your dapper blue suit (and paired black shoes) with a socially awkward font.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Pseudo wrote:More importantly, in which font is your CV rendered? Times-Roman, Helvetica, or (god forbid) Comic Sans? After all, you wouldn't want to distract from your dapper blue suit (and paired black shoes) with a socially awkward font.

Mines in wingdings.

Arial or nothing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:25 pm

This should do the job.

"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Pseudo wrote:More importantly, in which font is your CV rendered? Times-Roman, Helvetica, or (god forbid) Comic Sans? After all, you wouldn't want to distract from your dapper blue suit (and paired black shoes) with a socially awkward font.

Comic Sans is my preferred option.

No dapper suit here mate, I've gotta sneak off from work for the interview and return so I don't want to make it too obvious, a little doesn't hurt though, get them guessing.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Magellan wrote:

This should do the job.

Yep, I'm sure I'll hanging tough with that in hand.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:

This should do the job.

Yep, I'm sure I'll hanging tough with that in hand.

You're a shoe in to get the job, you've got the Right Stuff.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Magellan wrote:You're a shoe in to get the job, you've got the Right Stuff.

I'll jot down some notes.................Tonight.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:15 pm

Booney wrote:

Mines in wingdings.

Arial or nothing.

Tahoma size 11 FTW
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Wedgie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:09 pm

Always take hard copies of everything required for the job including certificates, etc. I was caught out by this once but they were cool for me to email them what they wanted half an hour later and I still got the job. Usually not needed though.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Just a snazzy folder thing to make me look a little more presentable will suffice, just hope he doesn't ask me to see what's inside it.

Penthouse or playboy?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:53 am

Is Bintang the only beer you can get in Bali? Its all I ever see/hear about over there...and is it any good?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:41 am

Dutchy wrote:Is Bintang the only beer you can get in Bali? Its all I ever see/hear about over there...and is it any good?

No it's not, you can get San Miguel in most spots ( I rate this pretty highly ) and some places will have Heineken.

Is Bin Tang any good? Not particularly, I wouldn't buy it here, but it suits the climate and it didn't give me any hangovers or headaches etc.

While you're there a sunset dinner in Jimbaran Bay, fresh seafood, sunset, cold beer, feet in the sand....the highlight of my trip.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion