3%
Trinity OS
5%
West Croydon
22%

Total votes : 95

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby Half Back Flanker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:03 am

The Bedge wrote:Also a massive congratulations to Old Farmer who Friday night was awarded life membership of the Ingle Farm Football Club.

A loyal and fiercely passionate Ingle Farm man, he's put his life on hold over the years for the betterment of the club. From player to committee member, Chairman, Coach, Footy Director, tribunal advocate - he's done it all, and I the club wouldn't be where it is today if he hadn't come back and put the hours and effort in he has over the journey, particularly these last 5 years or so.

From rock bottom, he's helped turn the club around - both on field, and off field, and got it heading in the right direction once more.

Congrats old man.

Couldn't have said it better Bedge. He is everything a true club person is all about. Congratulations mate, very much deserved.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby old farmer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Also a massive congratulations to Old Farmer who Friday night was awarded life membership of the Ingle Farm Football Club.

A loyal and fiercely passionate Ingle Farm man, he's put his life on hold over the years for the betterment of the club. From player to committee member, Chairman, Coach, Footy Director, tribunal advocate - he's done it all, and I the club wouldn't be where it is today if he hadn't come back and put the hours and effort in he has over the journey, particularly these last 5 years or so.

From rock bottom, he's helped turn the club around - both on field, and off field, and got it heading in the right direction once more.

Congrats old man.

Couldn't have said it better Bedge. He is everything a true club person is all about. Congratulations mate, very much deserved.

Thanks Guys. Was totally unexpected and nice surprise on the night. It is an honor and a privilege to be awarded life membership to our great Club.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby one day I will » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:02 pm

Small rumour around some quality players leaving Fitzroy, as said previously on here. Is the new coach bringing some quality players back in the club?
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Arch44 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:05 pm

one day I will wrote:Small rumour around some quality players leaving Fitzroy, as said previously on here. Is the new coach bringing some quality players back in the club?

Yes and yes.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:38 pm

I note that the tribunal still hasnt heard the case regarding Mitchell from Pulteney Bs in the GF yet?

Whats the go with that?

Week 23
09-09-17 13-09-17 Bradley Batten Pooraka 5 Striking Intentional Medium High Guilty 4 -
09-09-17 13-09-17 Matt Mitchell Pulteney 6R Striking
09-09-17 13-09-17 James Hughes Para Hills 7R Charging Intentional Severe High Guilty 10
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:45 pm

duncs wrote:I note that the tribunal still hasnt heard the case regarding Mitchell from Pulteney Bs in the GF yet?

Whats the go with that?

Might still be overseas?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:01 pm

The Bedge wrote:
duncs wrote:I note that the tribunal still hasnt heard the case regarding Mitchell from Pulteney Bs in the GF yet?

Whats the go with that?

Might still be overseas?

Pulteney EOS trip would've been a 3 month Contiki European tour.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Old Red » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:18 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Whats the go with that?

Might still be overseas?

They simply haven't updated it. He got 8
Old Red
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Old Red wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Whats the go with that?

Might still be overseas?

They simply haven't updated it. He got 8

Cheers big ears!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:38 am

Wow. Some big suspensions there. Must of been some really bad hits. Still don't understand how blokes deliberately go out to want to hit another bloke. I'm all for hard footy. But by the looks of the suspensions. The blokes must've really done something bad to warrant that. We don't need thugs in our game. F#$k off to boxing if ya wanna belt someone.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby beef » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:48 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Wow. Some big suspensions there. Must of been some really bad hits. Still don't understand how blokes deliberately go out to want to hit another bloke. I'm all for hard footy. But by the looks of the suspensions. The blokes must've really done something bad to warrant that. We don't need thugs in our game. F#$k off to boxing if ya wanna belt someone.

They won't take up boxing because they might get hit back. Much easier to belt someone who isn't expecting it
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:01 am

ramming23 wrote:I'll have $50 please on West Croydon to win the flag!

Well now I know why you had such confidence on the Hawks for premiers...

Question - if you couldn't take Fitzroy to a flag, what makes you so sure you'll take West Croydon to one? ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Wow. Some big suspensions there. Must of been some really bad hits. Still don't understand how blokes deliberately go out to want to hit another bloke. I'm all for hard footy. But by the looks of the suspensions. The blokes must've really done something bad to warrant that. We don't need thugs in our game. F#$k off to boxing if ya wanna belt someone.

The footage is on the div 6 thread.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

The footage is on the div 6 thread.

Was nearly the 2nd Platten to get KOed and forget a Grand Final win!

A dog act in a GF - 8 weeks
Knowing you cost your team a cup - Priceless
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby hfoxe16 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:17 am

The Bedge wrote:
ramming23 wrote:I'll have $50 please on West Croydon to win the flag!

Well now I know why you had such confidence on the Hawks for premiers...

Question - if you couldn't take Fitzroy to a flag, what makes you so sure you'll take West Croydon to one? ;)

Chris Beaty, Bourke & co looks like its 2017 all over again but in the brown & gold.

You would think Nicholls won't get cheap votes from the umpires next year though.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Buster32 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:34 am

Spoke to Beaty earlier he is playing there purely because they can fit his brother who is coming to Adelaide for uni in their points system. Playing for peanuts he said to after being offered considerable amounts elsewhere
Buster32
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby thegrowler » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Buster32 wrote:Spoke to Beaty earlier he is playing there purely because they can fit his brother who is coming to Adelaide for uni in their points system. Playing for peanuts he said to after being offered considerable amounts elsewhere

So they should be playing for peanuts. They are Div 6 players and these "highly" paid players didn't even take their club to finals. Players in div 6 demanding money and shopping themselves around make me giggle in my funny bits. 3 clubs in 3 years doesn't really make the hooker with a heart of gold story sell to this black duck.

The club should always come before the individual. Now Im not saying they are not entitled to some remuneration for their efforts but buying into a club and its culture is not done through the fattening of a wallet.
The Rams are Bucking Awesome in 2017....Don't hate us because you rate us!!!!
thegrowler
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 54 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby ramming23 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:12 pm

thegrowler wrote:
Buster32 wrote:Spoke to Beaty earlier he is playing there purely because they can fit his brother who is coming to Adelaide for uni in their points system. Playing for peanuts he said to after being offered considerable amounts elsewhere

So they should be playing for peanuts. They are Div 6 players and these "highly" paid players didn't even take their club to finals. Players in div 6 demanding money and shopping themselves around make me giggle in my funny bits. 3 clubs in 3 years doesn't really make the hooker with a heart of gold story sell to this black duck.

The club should always come before the individual. Now Im not saying they are not entitled to some remuneration for their efforts but buying into a club and its culture is not done through the fattening of a wallet.

They weren't highly paid players and a lot of them have said no to big money offers from other clubs. Is it such a sin for a group of mates to want to be able to play together?
Funny that it's okay for Glenunga to pay mega dollars in Division 5 and fatten the wallets of their players, but Division 6 clubs can't pay big dollars to try and get out either? Very interesting..
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Hmm not sure i'd be banking on that.. assuming they retain players from last year as well..

3 - Jack Turner
3 - Dylan Baker
2 - Andy Carr

add if the rumours are true..

3 - Beaty brother
2 - Chris Beaty
2 - Luke Scicluna
2 - Chad Bourke
2 - Damian Harvey
2 - Ryan Foley

That's before you even factor in players that MJ/Jacob Sumner may bring back from Portland or elsewhere...
The Bedge
Coach

Postby thegrowler » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:27 pm

ramming23 wrote:
thegrowler wrote:

They weren't highly paid players and a lot of them have said no to big money offers from other clubs. Is it such a sin for a group of mates to want to be able to play together?
Funny that it's okay for Glenunga to pay mega dollars in Division 5 and fatten the wallets of their players, but Division 6 clubs can't pay big dollars to try and get out either? Very interesting..

FACT - Glenunga did not breach the salary cap and their recruited players are staying at the club
FACT - These aforementioned players are onto their 3rd club in three years
FACT - If clubs are willing to pay it they have every right to take it but its simply not sustainable

My bemusement comes from the initial quote of "being offered considerable amounts elsewhere". I have nothing against the players in question and don't know them intimately so don't know there life circumstances (work, family, geographical location etc) which can dictate why players shift club. With all due respect I know they can play but I don't think they are at the level of being worth big buck$$$
The Rams are Bucking Awesome in 2017....Don't hate us because you rate us!!!!
thegrowler
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 54 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League