2017 Off-Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby MW » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Booney, you support neither Geelong, Hawthorn or Sydney, so are not entitled to speak of North ;) :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:42 pm

That's the beauty of it, we have all of 2018 to decide and review form (theirs and ours)....both Martin and Kelly were very interested in our offer, they have both said so.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:That's the beauty of it, we have all of 2018 to decide and review form (theirs and ours)....both Martin and Kelly were very interested in our offer, they have both said so.

I'm very interested in spending a night with Jennifer Hawkins, does that really help me though?

If you didn't get them there's a reason and there's no big fish like them coming up for grabs next year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:That's the beauty of it, we have all of 2018 to decide and review form (theirs and ours)....both Martin and Kelly were very interested in our offer, they have both said so.

I'm very interested in spending a night with Jennifer Hawkins, does that really help me though?

If you didn't get them there's a reason and there's no big fish like them coming up for grabs next year.

You'd probably offer $1.2m for the privilege also
MW
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:50 pm

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:

Nah, not that much, Booney's got a nice personality, she'll be good to go after a days crabbing in the gulf, a sess. at the prince of wales, a moonlight walk around the Port docks, what more could a girl want
Last edited by am Bays on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Booney wrote:

FA's aren't the only targets available.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:53 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Dutchy wrote:$470k profit is small? Debt gone from $5m to $1m in this period while reaching 3 prelim finals. Etihad contract is being re-written right now for effect in 2018. Hobart deal provides $500k per match while not reducing membership games in melbourne.

We were also told we were shit and couldn't survive in Melbourne, remember?, all of the above has happened since.[/quote

North are a basket case in waiting, I see no way they can be competitive this year, they will not attract any free agents no matter what they offer them money wise next year or anytime soon. They arent prepared to trade anyone with currency so the rebuild will be very slow and drawn out. They have very fickle supporter base if you could call it that and those small profits will soon turn into massive losses.
But the biggest thing going against them is the AFL are more than happy to let it all unfold and see North forced to relocate to Tassie.

I fail to see how North fans are any more fickle than those of any other club. Their problem is they don't have that supporter base that say, Carlton or Richmond have. If the Bluebaggers pulled their finger out just watch those numbers grow, ditto Brisbane. Nobody loved the Roos when they were the best team in the comp. Losing that Grand Final to the Crows didn't win them any fans LOL.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:55 pm

am Bays wrote:
MW wrote:
Booney wrote:

Nah, not that much, Booney's got a nice personality, she'll be good to go after a days crabbing in the gulf, a sess. at the prince of wales, a moonlight walk around the Port docks, what more could a girl want

Nice personality. I know what you're saying. :(
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Booney wrote:
Nice personality. I know what you're saying. :(

If you're boofing Jen Hawkins then who cares. :D

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:57 pm

MW wrote:Booney, you support neither Geelong, Hawthorn or Sydney, so are not entitled to speak of North ;) :lol:

Twist it any way you like, I’ve no issue with any poster asking/discussing/challenging my club. You can even whack them if they deserve it, fair’s fair.
But start throwing ill informed, uneducated shit when you yourself follow a club that’s done SFA in 2 decades, expect it thrown back harder ;)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:59 pm

This just came in my inbox from the Herald Sun about North Melbourne. Bucky is from the Hawks so can comment.

NO A-GRADERS: ROOS EYE DECADE OF DOOM
WHERE are the A-graders? List guru GARY BUCKENARA says North Melbourne is 10 years away from a flag and should have traded Todd Goldstein at the end of 2016. Read more
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Spargo wrote:
MW wrote:Booney, you support neither Geelong, Hawthorn or Sydney, so are not entitled to speak of North ;) :lol:

Twist it any way you like, I’ve no issue with any poster asking/discussing/challenging my club. You can even whack them if they deserve it.
But start throwing ill informed, uneducated shit when you yourself follow a club that’s done SFA in 2 decades, expect it thrown back harder ;)

Done nothing under a real finals system full stop. Home final finishing seventh against a team that finished second, second chance after being 5th and losing their first final by plenty.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

FA's aren't the only targets available.

You can't pick up any more than 2 or maybe 3 at tops contracted players, you won't have the draft picks you need to do so.

Any top liner will require at least one, maybe 2 first rounders....there, picks spent, cupboard bare.

Again, I don't see how this "war chest" is going to do you any good if you can't get players to go there and another season of 6 or less wins and who would blame them?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Twist it any way you like, I’ve no issue with any poster asking/discussing/challenging my club. You can even whack them if they deserve it.

Done nothing under a real finals system full stop. Home final finishing seventh against a team that finished second, second chance after being 5th and losing their first final by plenty.

regards,

REB

:lol:
still salty about that 97 final REB? :D
Unfortunately they don't adjust GF wins based on finals systems, or unearned home ground advantages...
MW
Coach

Postby mots02 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:18 pm

Not sure if this link will work but saw it on Facebook earlier today... an appropriate addition to the Lindsey Thomas discussion...

https://www.facebook.com/AFLBANTERR/vid ... 307026406/
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby mickey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:19 pm

MW wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Spargo wrote:
MW wrote:Booney, you support neither Geelong, Hawthorn or Sydney, so are not entitled to speak of North ;) [emoji38]

regards,

REB

[emoji38]
still salty about that 97 final REB? :D
Unfortunately they don't adjust GF wins based on finals systems, or unearned home ground advantages...
https://youtu.be/MIQmS-hOLAM
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:This just came in my inbox from the Herald Sun about North Melbourne. Bucky is from the Hawks so can comment.

NO A-GRADERS: ROOS EYE DECADE OF DOOM
WHERE are the A-graders? List guru GARY BUCKENARA says North Melbourne is 10 years away from a flag and should have traded Todd Goldstein at the end of 2016. Read more

Everyone believes this rubbish :lol: yet less successful teams like Saint's, Melbourne, Collingwood get less attention, we are easy targets, but no one seems to be held accountable when this stuff was written/said 8-9 years ago and didn't happen. I guess we got an apology from Caro, which is rare in itself.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Grenville » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Booney wrote:This "war chest" that keeps getting referred to, I'm wondering how you'll actually be able to spend it. You've tried woo'ing Martin and Kelly with ridiculous offers of over $1.2m per season each and neither of them were interested.

So what's the chances of you getting 3 blokes on $800+ or 1 or 2 over $1.0m in the next year or two?

If you do, what does that do to your culture, how would a playing group feel about a ring in getting over $1m?

Next years free agents list - who you going to blow the cash on?

There's a big list of RFA/FA at the end of '18 but not many big names.

Richard Douglas
David Mackay
Rory Sloane
Brodie Smith
Rohan Bewick
Ryan Lester
Marc Murphy
Jarryd Blair
Alex Fasolo
Ben Reid
Tom Bellchambers
David Mundy
Aaron Sandilands
Cameron Guthrie
George Horlin-Smith
Harry Taylor
Gary Ablett
Jarrod Harbrow
Tom Lynch
Tom Nicholls
Shaun Burgoyne
Paul Puopolo
Ryan Schoenmakers
Brendan Whitecross
Colin Garland
Max Gawn
Neville Jetta
Tom McDonald
Justin Westhoff
Reece Conca
Ben Griffiths
Shaun Grigg
Dylan Grimes
Bachar Houli
Sam Gilbert
Heath Grundy
Jarrad McVeigh
Nick Smith
Andrew Gaff
Shannon Hurn
Scott Lycett
Jeremy McGovern
Luke Dahlhaus
Tom Liberatore
Dale Morris
Jordan Roughead
Mitch Wallis

You could get Schoenmakers for a pie and sauce. And Hawthorn would pay for both.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:04 pm

Sloane, Lynch and Gawn would be a nice trio lol
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bennymacca » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:36 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Sounds like the Crows are playing in the next 5 GFs and winning them all while North are down the bottom being irrelevant with the Suns...

*if you believe the unbiased opinions being shared

Has nothing to do with the crows.

But lol for everyone trying to bring it back to the team i support

My point remains, North are the lowest supported club in melbourne, and nobody would care if they went to Hobart

The dropped 10% of their membership base this year, and only brisbane, gold coast and GWS have less members. Firmly in the bottom four for attendances too.

You can accuse me of deflecting all you want but it doesnt change the fact that north will be playing sunday twilight and nobody will care about them for at least the next 4-5 years given they have zero stars on their list.

Lol. Thankyou very much for those squillions on offer, but i would rather literally pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to play somewhere else
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL