2017 Off-Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Postby Brodlach » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Sharrod Wellingham and Josh Hill delisted by the Eagles today
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:46 am

Corona Man wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Kane Cornes just called North Melbourne irrelevant, cue the criticism of Port and their fans

I respect his playing career, but as a commentator on the game he is off beam more often than not.

Brodlach wrote:As a commentator he sucks a big fat one

He's actually doing his job beautifully, you're both talking about him and his comments and that's what he's currently getting paid quite handsomely to do.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby MW » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:53 am

A paid troll Booney?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:08 am

MW wrote:A paid troll Booney?

No, I don't get paid. ;)

You could say that about Kane, yes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:14 am

An ex-teammate last weekend called him “a wannabe shock-jock... as well as still being a flog” :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:38 am

Booney wrote:

He's actually doing his job beautifully, you're both talking about him and his comments and that's what he's currently getting paid quite handsomely to do.

Agree he does it to get exposure and hence media organisations employ him, pretty clever for a guy who couldn't hack a real job for more than a few months.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:50 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Kane Cornes just called North Melbourne irrelevant, cue the criticism of Port and their fans

He also said Port had good crowds at Footy Park... :shock:

...and that Richmond were shit & Hardwick was no good etc etc etc

Did anyone ever pick this up with Kane after the GF??

When there's so much to sift through, it'd be hard to get everything.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:51 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Agree he does it to get exposure and hence media organisations employ him, pretty clever for a guy who couldn't hack a real job for more than a few months.

:lol:

Did he actually complete the entry into the fire brigade or did his highly paid, low risk media career kick off first after his 300 AFL game, 2 x AA, 4 x BnF, 2004 premiership player career finish?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:52 am

Brodlach wrote:Sharrod Wellingham and Josh Hill delisted by the Eagles today

Thanks for being a premiership player, Sharrod.
But I lost all respect for you the day you cleaned up Kade Simpson - squib.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:52 am

Spargo wrote:
MW wrote:

He also said Port had good crowds at Footy Park... :shock:

...and that Richmond were shit & Hardwick was no good etc etc etc

No lone soldier there!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:57 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Mate he could hack it as a firie, but when you offered good money to do what we all do on here for SFA (talk footy) why wouldn't you???

The root of the issue for why people who criticise him and others is that theyare just p!ssed off that he's doing something they would like to do while we stare out of our dingy little offices *nods to AB Patterson*. And yes I'm in that cohort of disliking others in his current industry.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby MW » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:08 am

Long gone are the balanced journos who wait until they confirm information. It's now all about being first with sharing a rumour from benny bbq who rang up a radio station, making as much controversy as possible to get clicks, likes, followers, people listening in on radio or selling papers.

Sad reality but it's not going anywhere cause that's what is selling as we all gobble it up.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:09 am

am Bays wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Mate he could hack it as a firie, but when you offered good money to do what we all do on here for SFA (talk footy) why wouldn't you???

The root of the issue for why people who criticise him and others is that theyare just p!ssed off that he's doing something they would like to do while we stare out of our dingy little offices *nods to AB Patterson*. And yes I'm in that cohort of disliking others in his current industry.

It's unbelievable Dutchy's criticism of Cornes on this issue. High risk work in the fire brigade for $80-100k per year or take a role in the media that pretty much popped up out of nowhere on, I'd imagine, 6 figures+ ?

Get over it, Dutchy.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:10 am

MW wrote:Long gone are the balanced journos who wait until they confirm information. It's now all about being first with sharing a rumour from benny bbq who rang up a radio station, making as much controversy as possible to get clicks, likes, followers, people listening in on radio or selling papers.

Sad reality but it's not going anywhere cause that's what is selling as we all gobble it up.

With benny's efforts this week even Triple M listeners won't be buying it. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:16 am

Kane Cornes is almost past Hutchy status of being he most annoying person in the media.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:16 am

Yup, Bartlett, Barrett, Rowe, K Cornes, D Russell, Robertson, Rucci all get paid to have opinions they put them out them, some are deliberate grenades, just to get a reaction, and people buy in to them by listening to their programs, by commenting on news feeds or by posting on social media.

Then they make another comment and.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:18 am

Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

It's unbelievable Dutchy's criticism of Cornes on this issue. High risk work in the fire brigade for $80-100k per year or take a role in the media that pretty much popped up out of nowhere on, I'd imagine, 6 figures+ ?

Get over it, Dutchy.

To be fair, there was a bit of drama over his departure from Port, wasn't there? Any criticism stems from that.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:22 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
To be fair, there was a bit of drama over his departure from Port, wasn't there? Any criticism stems from that.

Retiring mid year to gain entry to the upcoming fire brigade intake seemed reasonable to me at the time, hard to knock a bloke who had given our club so much over the years but it began to irk me as our season unraveled and the services of a 300 game elite tagger would have been more than handy but to still be chirping about it 2 1/2 years later seems a little strange to me. Almost an infatuation. Time to move on.

Probably pisses Dutchy off so much because Kane is now building himself a real media profile and it's fair to assume he'll be gracing our airwaves and screens for many years to come. He's controversial but as I note above he's got people talking about him and his opinions and that's exactly what his role is, he's playing it very well, as he did his football.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:26 am

I don’t mind him when he talks footy but his outlandish statements for purely attention grates on me and makes me dislike him
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:35 am

Brodlach wrote:I don’t mind him when he talks footy but his outlandish statements for purely attention grates on me and makes me dislike him

Fast becoming the Rod Hogg of AFL.
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL