Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:41 am

MatteeG wrote:Free tickets to the Oils and Spiderbait tonight. Giddy up!!

Oils on stage at 8:30 mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jase » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:51 am

Booney wrote:
Jase wrote:My eldest son (nearly 15) has a job interview tomorrow @ Coles for some casual work... his Aunty works there but is on maternity leave at the moment, so she is going to give him some tips on what to expect in the interview...

Good luck to the boy, he can then buy all his own crap (that is what I rate :) )

Good luck to Little Jase, it's great when they get some independence and start to earn some coin of their own. I think they start to work out the real value of money when they go to work for 10-15 hours and get $100-150 for their efforts. They soon work out that $500 is actually quite a bit of money.

Cheers Mate...

He's a good kid and when given responsibility he really steps up, except when it comes to keeping his room clean, that is a battle that I will never win...

Filthy little animal :)
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:53 am

Booney wrote:

Never really been a fan, didn't mind them growing up but found them a bit repetitive, perhaps it was him that I didn't like.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:01 pm

Jase wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jase wrote:My eldest son (nearly 15) has a job interview tomorrow @ Coles for some casual work... his Aunty works there but is on maternity leave at the moment, so she is going to give him some tips on what to expect in the interview...

Good luck to the boy, he can then buy all his own crap (that is what I rate :) )

Good luck to Little Jase, it's great when they get some independence and start to earn some coin of their own. I think they start to work out the real value of money when they go to work for 10-15 hours and get $100-150 for their efforts. They soon work out that $500 is actually quite a bit of money.

Cheers Mate...

He's a good kid and when given responsibility he really steps up, except when it comes to keeping his room clean, that is a battle that I will never win...

Ha! Wait until he's 21, pays board and says "I pay for the room, I'll leave it how I want".

Me, I've said I pay for the house and if I choose to fit a lock to the house that happens to hold the door shut to that room that's up to me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Booney wrote:
Jase wrote:
Booney wrote:

Cheers Mate...

Ha! Wait until he's 21, pays board and says "I pay for the room, I'll leave it how I want".

Me, I've said I pay for the house and if I choose to fit a lock to the house that happens to hold the door shut to that room that's up to me.
What about the lounge room? ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:19 pm

I'm not necessarily into the work. However, I rate the amazing skills of this local 15yo girl: https://imgaf.com/user/hayleyyoungsfx
Mind blowing she's so talented.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby MatteeG » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:21 pm

Booney wrote:

Yep- free train in, Grab something for dinner and some brews :drinkers: and in by 7.15 for the Bait. :drinkers: :supz:
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Psyber » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:32 pm

Booney wrote:....

In that situation if he seemed to really believe that was OK to say, and was not just joking, I'd be inclined to call his bluff and say "Well go get a room somewhere else then!"
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Psyber wrote:
Booney wrote:....

In that situation if he seemed to really believe that was OK to say, and was not just joking, I'd be inclined to call his bluff and say "Well go get a room somewhere else then!"

Certainly joking, although Mrs Boon doesn't share the same sense of humor so only one of us were laughing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:44 pm

heater31 wrote:What about the lounge room? ;)

Nice....

Mrs Boon is going to that Stevie Nicks show next Saturday night, Miss Boon is having a dozen or so over for her birthday.

I'll be monitoring the lounge and spare rooms for unauthorized activities.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:40 pm

I can see Booney will be welcoming the guests and giving the boys in attendance a firm handshake and a stern look upon arrival......
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:52 pm

Faaaark me, pissed!!!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby bennymacca » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:23 pm

Just pre-ordered the iPhone X, will get it next friday
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby RustyCage » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:23 am

Parkrun. Did my first event this morning. Walked 4.9km of the 5.0km course but happy I did it
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:47 am

This might sound like a 46 year old woman with a minion picture as her profile pic on FB, but....

Finding out who has your back and who doesn't. Sad but freeing at the same time.

There's been a shitload of self reflection over the last month and right now I feel like I can do anything.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby tipper » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:52 am

HH3 wrote:This might sound like a 46 year old woman with a minion picture as her profile pic on FB, but....

Finding out who has your back and who doesn't. Sad but freeing at the same time.

There's been a shitload of self reflection over the last month and right now I feel like I can do anything.

you go girlfriend!

seriously, good work though :)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:07 am

HH3 wrote:This might sound like a 46 year old woman with a minion picture as her profile pic on FB, but....

On wards and upwards. Good to hear.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:47 am

bennymacca wrote:Just pre-ordered the iPhone X, will get it next friday

And the phone?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:38 pm

I don’t “rate” it in every sense. More relieved than anything, but;

Finally agreed to the sale of our house today, after a long, arduous and financially straining marketing campaign.

Unfortunately my ex and I will incur a financial loss (not a great amount), but I can’t describe the feeling of being able to close this chapter of my life and begin a fresh canvas.

Will move back home and save my arse off in prep for the future. Not thrilled with the idea of moving back in with mum after nearly a decade of independence, but at the same time you have to be thankful for the opportunity to get back on your feet.

Time to tick some goals in 2018.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:46 pm

valleys07 wrote:I don’t “rate” it in every sense. More relieved than anything, but;

Finally agreed to the sale of our house today, after a long, arduous and financially straining marketing campaign.

Unfortunately my ex and I will incur a financial loss (not a great amount), but I can’t describe the feeling of being able to close this chapter of my life and begin a fresh canvas.

Will move back home and save my arse off in prep for the future. Not thrilled with the idea of moving back in with mum after nearly a decade of independence, but at the same time you have to be thankful for the opportunity to get back on your feet.

Time to tick some goals in 2018.

Mate, you're not the first bloke to get chopped off at the knees, I had to sell my house and I walked away with pretty much a stick with a handkerchief tied to it, I collected my thoughts, spent a lot of time self-assessing and had to suck it all up to face starting life all over again near 40.

It will be a shock to the system, enjoy the opportunity to spend time with your mum and use it all to your advantage, your life will be better off for it after a few months, you'll learn to love it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion