INS and OUTS for 2019

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Postby Mickyj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:39 pm

Booney wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
But is it a surprise that players leave ports sanfl side.

No way is it a surprise that the guys are leaving, it is the only way to further their footy career.

I was trying to say it in a nice way Dark Knight
After watching the so called academy side last year I kind of thought the other sanfl teams would be silly not to go chasing them .
Port agreed to certain rules so league players end up in the seconds if AfL players were fit enough to play.
Could be a way of getting your name out there for sanfl recruiters to take notice .

No point of being nice about it anymore, it's the way it is now.

Yes you're right it would be ideal for other SANFL clubs to chase them and that's what's happening at the moment.

I still can't find when our SANFL reserves shut up shop TDK, you have any recollection of that?[/quote]

Ok so which team you talking about Booney the one that plays league in the SANFL or the side that plays in the sanfl reserves competition
Because at some point the side in the reserves competition was called academy having younger players . This year it contained top up league players and the league captain who all couldn’t play in the league match due to AFL players
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:44 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Ok so which team you talking about Booney the one that plays league in the SANFL or the side that plays in the sanfl reserves competition
Because at some point the side in the reserves competition was called academy having younger players . This year it contained top up league players and the league captain who all couldn’t play in the league match due to AFL players

I said the SANFL reserves, call it the Academy if you wish, not everyone know's it as the Academy.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Booney wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

I said the SANFL reserves, call it the Academy if you wish, not everyone know's it as the Academy.

I was told that they were going to pull them after this year but are going 1 more year. A lot of those blokes who have stuck around are now in their early 20s so are needing to consider where they play in the future. (I think the cut off age was 22?)
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Mickyj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:57 pm

Booney wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Like most Port fans who only attend AFl games turn up at sanfl Alberton games when the power have a bye
Maybe they should be like the crows when not needed return to a club of origin outside the sanfl
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Booney wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Like most Port fans who only attend AFl games turn up at sanfl Alberton games when the power have a bye
Maybe they should be like the crows when not needed return to a club of origin outside the sanfl
The fans or the players? You are starting to lose me mate.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Grenville » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:40 pm

stan wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
Booney wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

The fans or the players? You are starting to lose me mate.

Like a wide outswinger outside offstump, let it go through to the keeper lad, don't have a nibble.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Big Phil wrote:Former North Adelaide midfielder Nick Amato having another crack at SANFL footy, signing with Glenelg for 2018 after a year in the Hills comp.

Whenever I looked at the stats he always seemed like he got a tonne of the footy. Could be a good get for the tigers
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:10 pm

wedgetail wrote:
heater31 wrote:Jake Summerton from the Eagles training with South Adelaide for the preseason

A really good clubman who couldn't quite nail a spot in the league team. With Von Bertouch returning, perhaps he thought greener pastures were what he needed. Should get a game at South and good luck to him.

I never rated the guy on his footy talents and seemed destined to be a depth player for life at eagles. If he can crack South's league side then good luck to him but it will say a lot about the quality of the team that South will be putting out next year
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby DOC » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:55 pm

Dogs72 wrote:I assume the Eagles are waiting until after the draft to announce their 3 local signings?

Rudolff, Gray and Sharrad I presume.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Mickyj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:38 am

DOC wrote:
Dogs72 wrote:I assume the Eagles are waiting until after the draft to announce their 3 local signings?

It’s the rumour season last year I bit and thought the eagles were getting players they didn’t get .
Not saying the names I’ve heard on the rumour mill but you haven’t mentioned all the names I’ve heard mentioned Doc .
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Dogs72 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 am

DOC wrote:

Yep.
Dogs72
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby DOC » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:56 am

Gray asked to leave Port this year prior to June 30. He and Sharrad put themselves up as duo, ala Beard and Kirkwood.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby robranisgod » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Former North Adelaide midfielder Nick Amato having another crack at SANFL footy, signing with Glenelg for 2018 after a year in the Hills comp.

Whenever I looked at the stats he always seemed like he got a tonne of the footy. Could be a good get for the tigers

I think you have the wrong bloke there. He was never a big ball winner but was a neat footballer. He seemed to slip by about 20% every year.

In his last game for North against Norwood at the Parade in 2016 he played virtually the whole game for one kick.

I believe that he had personal problems (not of his own doing) which may have affected his footy.

He did win the Mail Medal for the Hills League this year, which is a very strong competition.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:54 pm

I always felt he was a promising player, but inconsistent.
Could definitely tear a game up on occasions.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Wedgie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:00 pm

He'll do a Mark Jeffries and go from being a mediocre player at North to a great player elsewhere.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby locky801 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Wedgie wrote:He'll do a Mark Jeffries and go from being a mediocre player at North to a great player elsewhere.

Like many others Wedgeman like many others :D
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Mickyj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:37 pm

DOC wrote:Gray asked to leave Port this year prior to June 30. He and Sharrad put themselves up as duo, ala Beard and Kirkwood.

ok its official heres the email
The Woodville-West Torrens Football Club is excited to announce the signings of Louis Sharrad, Tom Gray and Nathan Rudloff for the 2018 season. All three players spent 2017 at the Port Adelaide Football Club.

On signing the trio Senior Coach Michael Godden said "We are delighted to secure three well established League footballers who, at a young age, will not only be able to make an instant impact at our football Club but also for many years to come. All three men portray tremendous qualities as individual players and people that fits perfectly within our Club culture.”

Originally from Flinders Park Football Club, Louis Sharrad said the transition to Oval Avenue would be made easier given his friendship with 2017 Club Champion Joseph Sinor. The 2017 Reserves Magarey Medallist said he was also looking forward to continuing his career alongside Gray and Rudloff, who are also seeking more opportunity.

Gray, the younger brother of Power star Sam Gray, averages just under a goal a game and can also push up into the centre square to add depth to the midfield rotation. Tom will look to continually develop himself to become an elite midfielder and looks forward to helping the Eagles push for success.

Tea Tree Gully product Rudloff has been a steady influence in defence, having the ability to play on small and medium-sized forwards since making his debut in 2016. Nathan will strengthen the already integral defensive back six, with the ability to push higher up the ground.

The Club is also excited to welcome back to Oval Avenue Vinnie Rugolo, who has been appointed as Reserves and Development coach for 2018.

Rugolo, who played 81 League games and booted 105 goals for the Eagles between 2003 and 2007, has been playing and coaching for Goolwa/Port Elliot in the Great Southern Football League.

On his appointment, Vinnie said “I am excited to work with such a promising young group and look forward to developing not only the young players at the club but also my coaching ability in such a wonderful program. I thank the club for an outstanding opportunity.”

LOUIS SHARRAD
Height: 188cm
Weight: 84kg
Macca's League debut: Round 8, 2012
Macca's League games: 54
Macca's League goals: 19

TOM GRAY
Height: 179cm
Weight: 75kg
Macca's League debut: Round 13, 2015
Macca's League games: 30
Macca's League goals: 22

NATHAN RUDLOFF
Height: 182cm
Weight: 81kg
Macca's League debut: Round 3, 2016
Macca's League games: 18
Macca's League goals: 1
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby goddy11 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:20 pm

With all of the AFL players leaving the Magpies as well as the SANFL players listed as leaving, does anyone know where the fill in players for the magpies can come from. eg Can they grab players from other SANFL clubs or do the players come from minor league teams like the Crows.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:43 pm

Veide retires from South, been a good player.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby blueandwhite » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Wedgie wrote:Veide retires from South, been a good player.

Jake has been a very good player at South although in recent times has struggled with injury-also gone are Jordan Taylor and Luke Durdin... :roll:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL