RIP Chuck Mosley (ex - Faith No More)

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

RIP Chuck Mosley (ex - Faith No More)

Postby Gozu » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Sad to hear of the news of the passing of former Faith No More frontman Chuck Mosley at just 57.

Former FAITH NO MORE singer Chuck Mosley has died at the age of 57.

His family has issued the following statement: "After a long period of sobriety, Charles Henry Mosley III lost his life on November 9th, 2017 due to the disease of addiction.

"We're sharing the manner in which he passed in the hopes that it might serve as a warning or wake-up call or beacon to anyone else struggling to fight for sobriety.

"He is survived by long-term partner Pip Logan, two daughters, Erica and Sophie, and his grandson Wolfgang Logan Mosley.

"The family will be accepting donations for funeral expenses. Details to follow when arranged."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former ... ead-at-57/

At least FNM got to reunite with Chuck for a couple of shows last year and also released an expanded version of their debut album 'We Care A Lot'.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Re: RIP Chuck Mosley (ex - Faith No More)

Postby Magellan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Yes, Rest In Peace. Chuck was the first instalment in what become one of the world’s most interesting rock bands.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Gozu » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:23 pm

"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:39 am

I'm gutted, to say the least.

I've had a few conversations with Chuck over the last few years (the last time a couple of weeks ago), and it always impressed me that he was so approachable.

I still love the first two Faith No More albums, as well as Will Rap Over Hard Rock For Food. It goes without saying that Faith No More is my favourite band, and Chuck was a huge part of it.

The day the expanded vinyl edition of We Care A Lot came in the post, Chuck thanked me for buying it.

It was awesome to see him reunite with Billy, Roddy and Mike Bordin for a couple of shows last year; I was glued to my computer screen for the first show.

It sucks arse when your heroes die, that's for sure.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Gozu » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:53 pm

Released just the week before Chuck's death :(

https://metropolisrecords.bandcamp.com/ ... -pretender

The album features the Melvins Dale Crover on drums too.
Gozu
Coach

Board index   General Talk  Music