EPL Season 2017/2018

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:50 am

JK wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Best Arsenal have looked in a long time. What happens when Wenger starts the correct team

Who would have thought starting all of our best players could be a good thing!

Don't worry, when we play Man U in a couple of weeks time, he will start Lacazette on the bench again :roll: :roll:

Still dumbfounded as to why he did that against City
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby westozfalcon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:00 pm

West Brom have sacked manager Tony Pulis.

I think it's a shame because although his management style isn't particularly stylish, he was able to get average teams punching above their weight. To have managed both Stoke and West Brom in the Premier League for nearly 10 years and not be relegated is an amazing achievement. With the same talent at their disposal I doubt that Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Mauricio Pochettino could've done that.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:12 pm

westozfalcon wrote:West Brom have sacked manager Tony Pulis.

I think it's a shame because although his management style isn't particularly stylish, he was able to get average teams punching above their weight. To have managed both Stoke and West Brom in the Premier League for nearly 10 years and not be relegated is an amazing achievement. With the same talent at their disposal I doubt that Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Mauricio Pochettino could've done that.

That's 5 sacki gs for the season isn't it? Wonder who is next?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Pochettino
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:01 am

Totally agree, disgrace. He’s never been relegated in his time a manager at any club. With the season of even a third done you have to have a bit more faith.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:02 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Pochettino

Clement at Swansea
Moyes by January
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:48 am

I see Everton's Oumar Niasse is the first player to be suspended for Successful Deception of a Match Official after he dived and won a penalty in the game against Crystal Palace. Well played FA
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:49 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:I see Everton's Oumar Niasse is the first player to be suspended for Successful Deception of a Match Official after he dived and won a penalty in the game against Crystal Palace. Well played FA

Good start but with tech available these days it could and should have been dealt with when it happened which might have changed the result. I’m not sure Palace will be celebrating his suspension
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:36 am

So frustrating, can beat the best teams in the world like Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid but can't beat shit sides like West Brom or Arsenal. :evil:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:47 am

Wedgie wrote:So frustrating, can beat the best teams in the world like Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid but can't beat shit sides like West Brom or Arsenal. :evil:

Dortmund are mid table in a poor German comp and Real are struggling in a two horse race and are currently third. The EPL is a pretty strong and even comp ATM as reflected by all 5 sides likely to top their CL groups. Any side in the EPL is more than capable of grinding out a point. Hell we even needed a wicked deflection from a corner to beat Brighton at OT
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:03 am

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:So frustrating, can beat the best teams in the world like Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid but can't beat shit sides like West Brom or Arsenal. :evil:

Dortmund are mid table in a poor German comp and Real are struggling in a two horse race and are currently third. The EPL is a pretty strong and even comp ATM as reflected by all 5 sides likely to top their CL groups. Any side in the EPL is more than capable of grinding out a point. Hell we even needed a wicked deflection from a corner to beat Brighton at OT

BD are still a force, 2nd best goal differwnce in the Bunderslagia, wouldn't lose at home to most EPL sides, nice 4 all draw with Schalke last game too!
I couldn't see Real drawing at home and losing 3-1 away to most EPL sides either.
And yes Man U were kissed on the dick with that deflection! :shock:
I'm just glad we didnt lose with Kane getting his 40th goal this year. Time just to concentrate on the CL, the EPL is just about over already, we're too far behind Man City already.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:26 am

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

BD are still a force, 2nd best goal differwnce in the Bunderslagia, wouldn't lose at home to most EPL sides, nice 4 all draw with Schalke last game too!
I couldn't see Real drawing at home and losing 3-1 away to most EPL sides either.
I'm just glad we didnt lose with Kane getting his 40th goal this year. Time just to concentrate on the CL, the EPL is just about over already, we're too far behind Man City already.

Dortmund wouldn’t finish top 10 in the EPL, the Bundersliga is in serious decline. Bayern going ok but Dortmund can’t even beat Apoel who are League 2 standard, Leipzig won’t get out of their weak group and the 3 German clubs in the Europa are bottom or close to in their groups. The tide has turned and the EPL is coming to the fore. Arsenal will probably win the Europa and should be 4 or 5 sides into the last 8 of the CL.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:41 am

Arsenal shit? We jump above you with a win tonight. If we’re shit what does that make you? :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:42 am

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Dortmund wouldn’t finish top 10 in the EPL, the Bundersliga is in serious decline. Bayern going ok but Dortmund can’t even beat Apoel who are League 2 standard, Leipzig won’t get out of their weak group and the 3 German clubs in the Europa are bottom or close to in their groups. The tide has turned and the EPL is coming to the fore. Arsenal will probably win the Europa and should be 4 or 5 sides into the last 8 of the CL.

Arsenal topped the group fielding a B team with players playing out of position. I’m not sure though if wenger will change that going into the knockout phrase
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:17 am

johntheclaret wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:I see Everton's Oumar Niasse is the first player to be suspended for Successful Deception of a Match Official after he dived and won a penalty in the game against Crystal Palace. Well played FA

Good start but with tech available these days it could and should have been dealt with when it happened which might have changed the result. I’m not sure Palace will be celebrating his suspension

To top it off, the panel can only adjudicate when an advantage is gained from the dive so Ayews terrible dive in the box on Friday night can’t be acted on because the ref didn’t give a penalty.
Piss weak by the ref for not even booking for it either.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:25 am

mighty hounds wrote:

Arsenal shit? We jump above you with a win tonight. If we’re shit what does that make you? :lol:

Ha you wish. Clarets to sit proudly above both north London ‘giants’ come tea time Sunday. :lol:

I’m struggling to think of two bigger under achievers than Spurs and Arsenal considering the size of both clubs.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:26 am

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Your boys can give up the chase mate, the Clarets will pick up the baton and carry the fight.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:37 am

FFS there must be an image on the net of Wenger sucking Masons dick because he paid him back this afternoon.
Says something when even Sky Sports turn on their love child
******* Joke
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:13 am

johntheclaret wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Ha you wish. Clarets to sit proudly above both north London ‘giants’ come tea time Sunday. :lol:

I’m struggling to think of two bigger under achievers than Spurs and Arsenal considering the size of both clubs.

You were saying? 8)
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:31 am

mighty hounds wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

You were saying? 8)

Hey you beat Burnley 1-0 from a gifted penalty. I think my point still stands ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer