Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Snags » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:46 pm

OnSong wrote:
Snags wrote:
Fevola 25 wrote:Hearing Dylan Wise may be leaving Two Wells.........Shopping himself around a bit in Adelaide

Put pen to paper 3 weeks ago with the rest of the premiership team. He's two wells for life.

Did James Lean play in the premiership?

Got me there.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby livefooty » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Fevola 25 wrote:Hearing angle vales Scott burgess signed sealed and delivered to kilburn

F#%k u talk some shit fev.
livefooty
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Robe

Postby norm11 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:25 pm

livefooty wrote:
Fevola 25 wrote:Hearing angle vales Scott burgess signed sealed and delivered to kilburn

I have heard the same. But it must be just a lie.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:42 am

livefooty wrote:

Ease up mate, there is the odd bit of bullshit that pops up on here, don't let it bother you.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Fevola 25 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:58 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
livefooty wrote:

Ease up mate, there is the odd bit of bullshit that pops up on here, don't let it bother you.

Geez, No need to shoot the messenger!! Hey I get told some stuff, it may be correct and it may not be, but that's the idea of a forum isn't it? No need to get so defensive mate. I can understand that you may be concerned that your number 1 ruckman might be heading to Kilburn........I suppose only time will tell hey ;)
Fevola 25

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Mallala

Postby livefooty » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Fevola 25 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
livefooty wrote:

Geez, No need to shoot the messenger!! Hey I get told some stuff, it may be correct and it may not be, but that's the idea of a forum isn't it? No need to get so defensive mate. I can understand that you may be concerned that your number 1 ruckman might be heading to Kilburn........I suppose only time will tell hey ;)

Well I can say I’ve recruited a new number one ruckman n the older number one ruckman will be at FF next year with about 5 Sudanese lads buying for the number 2 ruckspot, I’m in constant contact with Scott since he’s the club captain a life member and a junior coach at the club and his son plays as well, so all I’m saying is it’s total bullshit.
Yes clubs have contacted him but that’s standard for this time of the year. But yea all good play on :)
livefooty
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Robe

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Snags wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Snags wrote:
Fevola 25 wrote:Hearing Dylan Wise may be leaving Two Wells.........Shopping himself around a bit in Adelaide

Put pen to paper 3 weeks ago with the rest of the premiership team. He's two wells for life.

Did James Lean play in the premiership?

Got me there.

Wise will never leave as long as Snags keeps holding the Mirror for him :D
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:01 pm

2018 program is out to view,GF-Longies
Attachments
APFL APNA Program 2018.pdf
(133.53 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby NothingDoing » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:13 pm

magpieeagle wrote:2018 program is out to view,GF-Longies

Interesting to see a consistent top 4 side like Virginia play AV 3 times while 6th placed United cops Mallala and Balak 3 times. Is the program not balanced based on previous season ladder positions? Or is it more about rivalry and attracting bigger crowds?
NothingDoing
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby 23rd man » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:41 pm

I think it’s a great get for the club getting one of these sides at home twice for the revenue side of things and as for the footy side of things I spose your it’s not ideal but United beat Mallala in the ANZAC day game last year and lost to Balak twice by less than 2 goals (both winnable) and from what I can see if United are on the improve these teams will be a good challenge and could take the points.
23rd man

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby OnSong » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:04 pm

23rd man wrote:I think it’s a great get for the club getting one of these sides at home twice for the revenue side of things and as for the footy side of things I spose your it’s not ideal but United beat Mallala in the ANZAC day game last year and lost to Balak twice by less than 2 goals (both winnable) and from what I can see if United are on the improve these teams will be a good challenge and could take the points.

Top or bottom, give me three matches v HWE and United for sure.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby hairy cat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Well snags the one and only mirror is at mallala book in at the pub for hire
#theunloseable
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby 23rd man » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:00 am

I see the first few clearances have been lodged with a couple of handy names from Virginia on the move and have heard Mallala have lost 3 of their leading goal kickers from this year? Bit of movement happening already.
23rd man

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby JuddMuffin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:08 am

NothingDoing wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:2018 program is out to view,GF-Longies

Interesting to see a consistent top 4 side like Virginia play AV 3 times while 6th placed United cops Mallala and Balak 3 times. Is the program not balanced based on previous season ladder positions? Or is it more about rivalry and attracting bigger crowds?

This is the first time Virginia will play AV 3 times, past years they have played Mallala, two wells and Balak 3 times
JuddMuffin
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:04 am

In a fair draw you should see the top 4 play 2 of the other top 4 from previous year and bottom 4 play 2 of the other bottom 4 from previous year. However with some scheduling requests mainly around ANZAC day being at the beginning of the year and some other requests in the middle this would be more difficult to achieve hence there are some irregularities.
I think in our case we have played Balak and Mallala 3 times for the past 2 or 3 years, and it appears as though our fixture is identical to last years (same teams in the same sequence) so it could be possible that the league took a simple option and reused last years draw and made some small tweaks here and there. ;)
PS: This is definitely not a complaint, I love playing against Mallala (even though we lose most of the time) and our last 6 games against Balak have been ridiculously close each time which are great games to play in (be nice to win more than 1 of 6 but ah well).
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby NothingDoing » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:01 am

Mythical Creature wrote:In a fair draw you should see the top 4 play 2 of the other top 4 from previous year and bottom 4 play 2 of the other bottom 4 from previous year. However with some scheduling requests mainly around ANZAC day being at the beginning of the year and some other requests in the middle this would be more difficult to achieve hence there are some irregularities.
I think in our case we have played Balak and Mallala 3 times for the past 2 or 3 years, and it appears as though our fixture is identical to last years (same teams in the same sequence) so it could be possible that the league took a simple option and reused last years draw and made some small tweaks here and there. ;)
PS: This is definitely not a complaint, I love playing against Mallala (even though we lose most of the time) and our last 6 games against Balak have been ridiculously close each time which are great games to play in (be nice to win more than 1 of 6 but ah well).

Fair enough, figured it was something along those lines. Agree with your first point. Looking at how close last seasons ladder was the final positions this year could almost be determined by the draw. I would have Virginia and United around the same mark seeing some of the names departing Virginia. Obviously too early to be making that call but I would have thought people involved in a club would rather be playing finals than sell a few extra gate entries.

We hearing of any teams having a run around before Xmas already?
NothingDoing
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:51 am

Mythical Creature wrote:In a fair draw you should see the top 4 play 2 of the other top 4 from previous year and bottom 4 play 2 of the other bottom 4 from previous year. However with some scheduling requests mainly around ANZAC day being at the beginning of the year and some other requests in the middle this would be more difficult to achieve hence there are some irregularities.

It's always going to be a logistical nightmare with ANZAC Day early on in the season as the same fixture will always be implemented for the round.

I'd love to see a double header on ANZAC Day where perhaps Virginia take on Two Wells and then it's followed by Mallala vs United, it could be at neutral venue with the B's, 17's etc just playing on the Saturday as per normal.

Perhaps to keep it even for all 4 teams, Mallala could play Two Wells and United could play Virginia on one of the rounds either side of the midweek game.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby hairy cat » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:39 pm

23rd man wrote:I see the first few clearances have been lodged with a couple of handy names from Virginia on the move and have heard Mallala have lost 3 of their leading goal kickers from this year? Bit of movement happening already.

Harris
Who else
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby OnSong » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:14 am

Justin Antony supposedly retired and I've heard Brad Wilson to Bute
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:33 pm

OnSong wrote:Justin Antony supposedly retired and I've heard Brad Wilson to Bute

Ive heard Antony has taken a payrise somewhere, wilson to bute and harris to Lincoln.
Also heard mccurry to lincoln and storic to whyalla.
Russel and panagetto to gawler and happy hoepner to nuri.
But, its november so most of the above could all be the usual bullshit too!
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy