Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 am

HH3 wrote:I am literally a babysitter at my workplace.

The kids ages range from 45-65.

Someone who works on a computer all day, called me over to help. She was trying to restart her computer, and was right-clicking the Start button....

I think she's cottoned on to my mood this morning.

Must be contagious, my off-sider is on maternity leave, my supervisor is off for 3 days so I'm stuck here doing 3 roles while the place is in turmoil and I have cretins asking me trivial little bullshit things and wondering why I can't help them out immediately.

I'm an hour and a half behind where I'd usually be by now and that was with staying back 2 hours yesterday and tapping away a bit last night.

It doesn't help seeing people that are on way more than I am sitting there for half an hour just near me talking irrelevant shit!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Someone who works on a computer all day, called me over to help. She was trying to restart her computer, and was right-clicking the Start button....

Must be contagious, my off-sider is on maternity leave, my supervisor is off for 3 days so I'm stuck here doing 3 roles while the place is in turmoil and I have cretins asking me trivial little bullshit things and wondering why I can't help them out immediately.

I'm an hour and a half behind where I'd usually be by now and that was with staying back 2 hours yesterday and tapping away a bit last night.

It doesn't help seeing people that are on way more than I am sitting there for half an hour just near me talking irrelevant shit!

If it's not part of my job, I tell them.

I don't order factory items here, extrusions, components, parts etc and I regularly have people come to me with a part/component with "I think this is the last one". Often the item is on a 3 month lead time from one of our facilities overseas so it's a little late to tell me, the wrong person to tell, about it now.

If it's not in your role mate just tell them, they'll soon work out you couldn't care less about the printer being jammed or on the flip side the next time the printer jams go and ask them if they can help then walk away as soon as they stand up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I don't order factory items here, extrusions, components, parts etc and I regularly have people come to me with a part/component with "I think this is the last one". Often the item is on a 3 month lead time from one of our facilities overseas so it's a little late to tell me, the wrong person to tell, about it now.

If it's not in your role mate just tell them, they'll soon work out you couldn't care less about the printer being jammed or on the flip side the next time the printer jams go and ask them if they can help then walk away as soon as they stand up.

Must be nice
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:16 am

HH3 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Must be nice

It's great. Try it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:17 am

So do you think there is things you could be doing to change the situation HH3/LM?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:58 am

bennymacca wrote:So do you think there is things you could be doing to change the situation HH3/LM?

Burn the place down.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:00 pm

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Must be nice

It's great. Try it.

This place would implode.

I'm not trying to talk myself up, but the first words out of peoples mouths when anything slightly work related happens is "[insert HH3's real name]!!!!"

*my name is not HH3....
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:01 pm

bennymacca wrote:So do you think there is things you could be doing to change the situation HH3/LM?

Put this on your door, they'll get the message ;) :lol:

every day.jpg
every day.jpg (16.63 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yeah mate, it's hard to decipher what is under my umbrella atm, I just prioritise what is more crucial to the business for each issue that arises.

I schedule the factory on a day to day basis so that pulls rank.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:06 pm

Not in the immediate predicament benny, as a business they need to cross train a little more, unfortunately my supervisor is a micro manager and refused back up help, all good when she's here, no good on the rare occasion that she isn't, doesn't help that, doesn't help when 4 of the 7 people in my area aren't here at the same time.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Put this on your door, they'll get the message ;) :lol:

every day.jpg

I share an office with the main problem.

I'm gonna talk to the owner about taking his office if he ever decides to come back in.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Not in the immediate predicament benny, as a business they need to cross train a little more, unfortunately my supervisor is a micro manager and refused back up help, all good when she's here, no good on the rare occasion that she isn't, doesn't help that, doesn't help when 4 of the 7 people in my area aren't here at the same time.

Yeah I guess when everyone is away it’s hard to hold fort.

It just reminded me a little of one of my friends, who would never say no to work and would get bogged down in other people’s stuff. Then would complain about how he does more than everyone but the boss still rides him (probably because he then falls behind in his normal duties) And then eventually gets jack of it and quits or moves.

When what he should have done in the first place was have a chat with his boss and clearly define his role and if people were giving him extra work then Keep his boss updated and give them a chance to manage the workload together.

But if it’s a temporary thing I guess it’s just something you have to cope with.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:50 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Yeah I guess when everyone is away it’s hard to hold fort.

It just reminded me a little of one of my friends, who would never say no to work and would get bogged down in other people’s stuff. Then would complain about how he does more than everyone but the boss still rides him (probably because he then falls behind in his normal duties) And then eventually gets jack of it and quits or moves.

When what he should have done in the first place was have a chat with his boss and clearly define his role and if people were giving him extra work then Keep his boss updated and give them a chance to manage the workload together.

But if it’s a temporary thing I guess it’s just something you have to cope with.

Yeah mate, this place is classical for dumping an extra report or duty on you temporarily and then trying to lumber it with you full time.

A few years ago they dumped one on me which was inadvertently grading my KPI's, they had no idea that I could doctor and mask plenty of info to make my figures look better, it took me to spell it out for them.

I've now twice in the past 3 years covered 6 to months of maternity leave without any extra pay, it is pure frog shit, I'm trying to get out but it's hard at the moment getting out to interviews or even finding time to properly research jobs and write up different cover letters relating to different roles.

The job market is pretty tough I've realised too right now.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I've now twice in the past 3 years covered 6 to months of maternity leave without any extra pay.

Could be worse, could be paying child support while they're on mat leave :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Ultimately the only way it will change is if you really want it to.

Me, I'll be stuffed if I'm going to chase up customers unpaid accounts. We've got 3 people in accounts and one is full time accounts receivable, if at any stage she asks me to follow up on outstanding accounts I reinforce to her, CC'ing my immediate superior, that my job is to fill the account up and her job is to see it get paid on time.

The difficult part for LM is obviously the support from above and for HH3 ( it is his real name ) if I picture his office correctly is the limited resources available to all staff. For instance some idiot right clicking the start icon isn't worth calling Geeks 2 U for.

I'd suggest to you both that you keep a clear diary of times and events that are not typically part of your role that you have been asked to complete by another staff member, especially if that task is not yours but theirs and hand it to your manager at the end of the week.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Booney wrote:Ultimately the only way it will change is if you really want it to.

Me, I'll be stuffed if I'm going to chase up customers unpaid accounts. We've got 3 people in accounts and one is full time accounts receivable, if at any stage she asks me to follow up on outstanding accounts I reinforce to her, CC'ing my immediate superior, that my job is to fill the account up and her job is to see it get paid on time.

The difficult part for LM is obviously the support from above and for HH3 ( it is his real name ) if I picture his office correctly is the limited resources available to all staff. For instance some idiot right clicking the start icon isn't worth calling Geeks 2 U for.

I'd suggest to you both that you keep a clear diary of times and events that are not typically part of your role that you have been asked to complete by another staff member, especially if that task is not yours but theirs and hand it to your manager at the end of the week.

We get audited on a regular basis and our daily routines are documented and made to be written so an idiot could walk in and work it out, these are then saved and updated on to our portal to draw reference to, I purposely leave stuff that I've "inherited" out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:15 pm

The last job I had it took 15 to 20 minutes for my pc to boot up every morning, my prick of a manager bought me a new one and left it in the box next to my desk for 2 months and wouldn't let me install it but never found time to install it either, the day I left I chucked all the software that came with it in the big blue bin and rang cleanaway to come and collect it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:28 pm

Office workers are the new ANZACS of our great land.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:16 am

Get a new job .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:50 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Office workers are the new ANZACS of our great land.

#firstworldproblems

#mycomputerisslow
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion