Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby stan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:23 am

carey wrote:
stan wrote:
Booney wrote:1 year extension, actually.
Fellas in all truth I think he has some ability. Has great running power and when his head is on right is a good user of the ball. I think the power are hoping he grows a testicle or 2 and that he stops being scared of girl scouts.

In 1 post I've simply lost all respect for your opinion. Who I've normally held in high regard!

Spud, F**king spud nothing more nothing less. If you run like shit your probably shit, if the cap fits your shit with a cap on![/quote]Whoa settle down red cans. Read what I wrote. Look at when he was drafted and why, he has the skills and the speed just is a scared little girl at the moment.

His key attributes were his foot skills and pace.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Ruben Carter » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:27 pm

stan wrote:
carey wrote:
stan wrote:
Booney wrote:1 year extension, actually.
Fellas in all truth I think he has some ability. Has great running power and when his head is on right is a good user of the ball. I think the power are hoping he grows a testicle or 2 and that he stops being scared of girl scouts.

In 1 post I've simply lost all respect for your opinion. Who I've normally held in high regard!

Spud, F**king spud nothing more nothing less. If you run like shit your probably shit, if the cap fits your shit with a cap on!
Whoa settle down red cans. Read what I wrote. Look at when he was drafted and why, he has the skills and the speed just is a scared little girl at the moment.

His key attributes were his foot skills and pace.[/quote]
No. He has no attributes at all. He is an awful footballer in every sense.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Dutchy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Callum Brown = “Port Adelaide bid and I wasn’t sure if Collingwood was going to match it but thank god they did to be honest.”

Port's "destination club" tag didn't last long :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:05 am

Dutchy wrote:Callum Brown = “Port Adelaide bid and I wasn’t sure if Collingwood was going to match it but thank god they did to be honest.”

Port's "destination club" tag didn't last long :lol:

Is this the son of former Collingwood captain Gavin Brown? ( For those who aren't sure, yes, it is )

Wow, I'm surprised he wanted to play for Collingwood. :roll:

Even by your standards this is an average Port troll.

Now, go back to talking Billy Hartung up. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:17 am

I like the honesty on the young lad!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:58 am

Dutchy wrote:Callum Brown = “Port Adelaide bid and I wasn’t sure if Collingwood was going to match it but thank god they did to be honest.”

Kid would've spent his whole life watching, supporting and being around the Collingwood footy club, from a young age he would've probably been expecting to end up there, over the winter he would've been convinced that they were getting him with a FS pick - his whole junior footy build up would've been about getting to Collingwood.

Of course he would've been disappointed if Collingwood didn't match and he ended at Port, what a stupid comment.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 am

He would have been disappointed of being on an AFL list?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:39 am

The Bedge wrote:

Kid would've spent his whole life watching, supporting and being around the Collingwood footy club, from a young age he would've probably been expecting to end up there, over the winter he would've been convinced that they were getting him with a FS pick - his whole junior footy build up would've been about getting to Collingwood.

Of course he would've been disappointed if Collingwood didn't match and he ended at Port, what a stupid comment.

He's 12 years too young for North to consider him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:43 am

C'mon Dutchy no need to try and fight this one, they are correct
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:57 am

So serious these days!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:43 pm

IF YOU think Sam Powell-Pepper's fend off was a lethal weapon already, wait until the Port Adelaide midfield bull hones his craft with some of the NRL's elite.

Powell-Pepper, third in this year's NAB AFL Rising Star voting, will be among a group of Power players who will travel to Sydney next week for a four-day training camp with the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

The Power will send their first-and-second-year players to Redfern as part of a partnership with the Bunnies.

Powell-Pepper's strong fend off became his trademark during his sensational rookie season as the 19-year-old quickly established himself in the Power's best 22.

Other second-year players to attend the camp will include forward Todd Marshall and midfielders Joe Atley and Willem Drew.

It will also be quite the initiation for the Power's draftees – ruckman Sam Hayes, midfielders Kane Farrell, Jake Patmore and Joel Garner, and former Demon Dom Barry.

The Power's head of football development Aaron Greaves told News Corporation the club saw plenty of benefits in training with an NRL club.

"There is something in this camp for both of us – Port Adelaide and the Rabbitohs," Greaves said.

"We want it to be challenging – and leave our younger players physically and mentally stronger.

"It will be four days of intensive work.

"The young guys will quickly learn how they have to step up.

"Rather than work a program to Christmas at Alberton, these eight sessions in Sydney will get the new players up to speed – and have the second-year players step up even further."

The Power have previously held training sessions with Melbourne Storm.

But with Storm assistant coach Anthony Seibold taking on the head coaching role at South Sydney, the door has been re-opened to form an alliance with another NRL club.

The Power's entire playing squad returns to training at Alberton Oval on Monday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-27/m ... s-fend-off
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:45 pm

PORT Adelaide star Robbie Gray has returned to training with the Power after making a successful recovery from testicular cancer.

Gray was running laps of Alberton Oval with marquee recruit, former Brisbane Lions captain Tom Rockliff, as the Power's senior players started pre-season training on Monday.

Gray had surgery at the end of last season and underwent chemotherapy as a precaution.

The 29-year-old enjoyed an outstanding year for the Power playing predominately as a small forward, booting 47 goals and earning his third All Australian selection.

Rockliff, who is on a modified program after having a shoulder operation a couple of months ago, said it was great to train alongside Gray.

"No one could understand what he's gone through … but he's obviously going really well from that side of things," Rockliff said.

"He was covering the ground really well and he was a little bit the same as me; he'll be building up to Christmas and after Christmas he'll probably be back into full training.

"He's in really good spirits."

Rockliff said the main topic of conversation between the pair was about what it's like to be a father for the first time.

"I've just had a newborn, Jack's 10 weeks old, and Robbie is three or four weeks away from having his first," Rockliff said.

"Spoke a little bit about that. Spoke a little bit about footy. Just general chit chat.

"It was good just to run around with him and pick his brain on the way Port play and the different game plan."

Rockliff expects to be back in full training early in the new year after nursing his shoulder through the second half of last season.

"I'm probably eight or nine weeks post-operation now, starting to pick up the workload and I'll pick that up towards Christmas, and after Christmas I should be full training and build from there," he said.

"The operation was more to go in and get it cleaned up and make sure we hit the ground running next year."

Rockliff joined the Power as a free agent at the end of last season after 154 games with the Lions.

The dual Lions club champion and 2014 All Australian admitted to having a few butterflies before training with his new club for the first time.

"It's a little bit like going to high school," he said.

"When you've been at a footy club for so long, I've been accustomed to the way the Brisbane Lions do it for nine years.

"It'll take a little bit of time to build that connection in all of us and work out our strengths and weaknesses."

Ex-Cat Steven Motlop took part in full training in his first session with the Power, while All Australian ruckman Paddy Ryder and midfielder Brad Ebert weren't on the track.

Power draftees – ruckman Sam Hayes, midfielders Kane Farrell, Jake Patmore and Joel Garner – were eased into their new surroundings, while mature-age recruit Dom Barry was more heavily involved.

Midfielder Karl Amon finished on top in the Power's 3x1km time trial, ahead of former Demons captain Jack Trengove, Tom Clurey, Jimmy Toumpas and Will Snelling.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-27/g ... r-recovery
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Dutchy wrote:So serious these days!

C’mon Dutchy, you can post as much shite as you want in any other forum except the Port one.
They’re a bit precious in here! ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:28 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

C’mon Dutchy, you can post as much shite as you want in any other forum except the Port one.

Gavin Brown's son happy to be playing for Collingwood.

Describing the post as shite is pretty accurate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:39 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

It was a good post given all the hoo-ha about Port being a destination club on here.
It gives balance to the conversation.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:47 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

It was a good post given all the hoo-ha about Port being a destination club on here.
It gives balance to the conversation.

True, I for one am seriously surprised that the son of a former Collingwood captain would prefer to be at Collingwood than Port. I mean he'd probably have been happy at West Coast or Fremantle.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Of course he wanted to go to Collingwood but my take on it was he didn’t want to go to Port regardless..........
There is a difference.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:39 pm

PORT ADELAIDE has finalised its 2018 playing list with the addition of Lindsay Thomas at today’s AFL Rookie Draft.

The 29-year-old former North Melbourne forward was selected with pick 12.

Port Adelaide List Manager Jason Cripps says Thomas continues Port Adelaide’s draft strategy of strengthening the club’s midfield and forward lines.

“We picked four young mid/forwards at Friday night’s Draft,” Cripps said.

“In Lindsay we now have a proven goal-kicker who can add experience and depth to that part of the ground.”

Thomas played 205 games during 11 seasons with the Kangaroos, kicking 325 goals and winning the club’s goal-kicking award in 2010 and 2013.

Originally from Port Lincoln, Thomas played junior football for Mallee Park, the same club that produced Byron Pickett and the Burgoyne brothers, Peter and Shaun.

Thomas played 38 junior games, 11 reserves games and six senior games for the Port Adelaide Magpies before being selected by North Melbourne with pick 53 at the 2006 National Draft.

Port Adelaide has made 11 changes to its playing list over the off-season, welcoming free agents Tom Rockliff, Steven Motlop, Jack Trengove and Trent McKenzie, trade target Jack Watts and draftees Sam Hayes, Kane Farrell, Jake Patmore, Joel Garner and Dom Barry.

“We’re pleased we’ve been able to execute the plan we set out to through the trade and free agency periods and the Draft,” Cripps said.

“We wanted to bring in more options for our midfield and forward lines.

“We’ve brought in some experienced players with mature bodies but also some exciting young talent who we can invest in for the future.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:44 pm

[emoji23]
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times