16%
Woodville South
5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby Fevola 25 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:09 pm

Footy Chick wrote:That reminds me, I still haven't received my voucher from KFC for their f*** up last week.

Hmmmmmm
Fevola 25

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Mallala

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:01 am

so i have been told..i dont think tptb are very happy about it either..[/quote]

Being at kangy the last couple of seasons we chased none of the Kenilworth boys they all approached the A grade coach! Every club including the kooks when they get a new coach players from a previous club generally follow its just football. Im not part of either club in 2018 and wish them both the best.
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby number2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:24 am

YouthofToday wrote:
Vincent Vega wrote:Very unusual but they did! Unfortunately no! Pete, Ari and Livington's are going to Kangy!
Will have to replace Pete, A. Livington, Blucher (didn't play much last year, which hurt them), Gane, Seller (maybe), Teodosi (knee reco) and I think maybe a couple more from A grade but also some very good club people like Ari and M. Livington.

Pete played 80%of game time on the bench - True but probably should've been starting!
A
Liverton (not Livington) - dis interested and told the club he was leaving at about end 8 - Still a big loss, skill, class and polish.

Blucher - played approx 3 games last year so hardly integral (if he played all year would have been a bit Loss) 1 game - and probably best CHF in this level.
Gane - 39 year old half back! - True but directs the backline better than most and has a good footy brain!

Sellar - up and down between A & B grade last year. Can't argue

Theodosi - was the captain last year which ruffled feathers. Hard nut that seems to always find the footy.

Keep in mind aswell these guys were all there last year and KFC won 4 games so I'm sure the club would have looked to recruit and improve if they stayed or left this year.

Agree they would've needed to recruit anyway but most of these blokes would certainly be in their top 10! They seem to be recruiting well at this point!

Good luck Kookas![/quote]

There is 6 names there:
Cotsaris out for 12 months with a reco
Blucher has played approx. 10 games in three years
Gane had a retirement send off last year and then played the week after so will probably play again
Pete Gone
Liverton Gone
Sellar undecided

I would not think there is a huge worry at KFC about this after looking at the clearances:

Yorke Peninsula Football League Kenilworth Ahmat-Watkins, Nathan Pending 12/11/2017
Goodwood Saints Kenilworth Garner, Bek Pending 12/11/2017
Yorke Peninsula Football League Kenilworth Krakouer, Myles Approved 12/11/2017
Hills Football League SA Kenilworth Moore, Blake Pending 12/11/2017
Hills Football League SA Kenilworth Sclanders, Thomas Approved 12/11/2017
Hills Football League SA Kenilworth Stewart, Alexander Pending 12/11/2017
Old Ignatians Kenilworth Stewart, Henry Pending 12/11/2017
Hills Football League SA Kenilworth Zesers, Jack Pending 12/11/2017
number2

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby number2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 am

wonder_kid wrote:so i have been told..i dont think tptb are very happy about it either..

Being at kangy the last couple of seasons we chased none of the Kenilworth boys they all approached the A grade coach! Every club including the kooks when they get a new coach players from a previous club generally follow its just football. Im not part of either club in 2018 and wish them both the best.[/quote]

BIG loss for Kangy ;)
number2

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:32 am

YouthofToday wrote:
Vincent Vega wrote:Very unusual but they did! Unfortunately no! Pete, Ari and Livington's are going to Kangy!

Pete played 80%of game time on the bench - True but probably should've been starting!
A
Liverton (not Livington) - dis interested and told the club he was leaving at about end 8 - Still a big loss, skill, class and polish.

Blucher - played approx 3 games last year so hardly integral (if he played all year would have been a bit Loss) 1 game - and probably best CHF in this level.
Gane - 39 year old half back! - True but directs the backline better than most and has a good footy brain!

Theodosi - was the captain last year which ruffled feathers. Hard nut that seems to always find the footy.

Keep in mind aswell these guys were all there last year and KFC won 4 games so I'm sure the club would have looked to recruit and improve if they stayed or left this year.

Agree they would've needed to recruit anyway but most of these blokes would certainly be in their top 10! They seem to be recruiting well at this point!

Good luck Kookas!

There is 6 names there:
Gane had a retirement send off last year and then played the week after so will probably play again
Pete Gone
Liverton Gone
Sellar undecided

I would not think there is a huge worry at KFC about this after looking at the clearances:

Yorke Peninsula Football League Kenilworth Ahmat-Watkins, Nathan Pending 12/11/2017
Hills Football League SA Kenilworth Zesers, Jack Pending 12/11/2017[/quote]

Will cause some headaches in this Division ex Bay Sheffield finalist that uses the ball very well from a wing
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby zedman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:44 am

Half Back Flanker wrote:I would not think there is a huge worry at KFC about this after looking at the clearances:

ahmat, krakouer and sclanders all played league sanfl..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Officejet » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:
YouthofToday wrote:

A

Good luck Kookas!

There is 6 names there:
Pete Gone
Liverton Gone
Sellar undecided

Will cause some headaches in this Division ex Bay Sheffield finalist that uses the ball very well from a wing[/quote]

Just don't Goggle his name... :roll:
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Half Back Flanker » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:31 am

Ummm sorry Office Jet, you might find I actually know him and recruited him to a club a few years back. Know his history quite well. Oh yeah by the way, it’s google not goggle bud
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:45 am

Half Back Flanker wrote:Ummm sorry Office Jet, you might find I actually know him and recruited him to a club a few years back. Know his history quite well. Oh yeah by the way, it’s google not goggle bud

Think you’ll find he was referring to the drug convictions, not whether you knew him or not.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby X Runna » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:28 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:Ingle Farm Golden Grove Phillis, Simon Pending 2017-11-28
Bit of a loss for the Farmers........Kid goes alright

This might sound harsh, but i'm not overly concerned to be honest.

Had a good season this year in patches, tough as nails and isn't afraid to put his body on the line, but to be frank I thought there were better genuine backs in the club.

His first real good season of A grade footy, came third in the B&F but it's one good year.

I think he cost the side games this year. Wasn't willing to play a true backman role - stop your opponent from kicking goals - and I even brought this up during the season. Was happy to try and play loose and run off forward as if he was a rebounding HBF when he was really a BP. Spagnolo (TOS) kicked 4 goals in the last quarter on him in Rd 3 and Trinity won, simply because he refused to go near him, Currie (PUL) kicked 5 on him in Rd 6 and Perry (TOS) 5 goals in Rd 12 - that's just off the top of my head.

He wasn't seen on the track a great deal over the season, particularly the colder months because work commitments (drives delivery trucks), which didn't impact his fitness levels at all he's pretty fit, but his disposal is poor and his decision making needs a lot of work.

Been his issue for years and no matter how many times his coaches have instructed him to play tighter - he did it his way. Will be exposed badly at even D2R level.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:51 pm

X Runna wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:Ingle Farm Golden Grove Phillis, Simon Pending 2017-11-28
Bit of a loss for the Farmers........Kid goes alright

This might sound harsh, but i'm not overly concerned to be honest.

Had a good season this year in patches, tough as nails and isn't afraid to put his body on the line, but to be frank I thought there were better genuine backs in the club.

His first real good season of A grade footy, came third in the B&F but it's one good year.

I think he cost the side games this year. Wasn't willing to play a true backman role - stop your opponent from kicking goals - and I even brought this up during the season. Was happy to try and play loose and run off forward as if he was a rebounding HBF when he was really a BP. Spagnolo (TOS) kicked 4 goals in the last quarter on him in Rd 3 and Trinity won, simply because he refused to go near him, Currie (PUL) kicked 5 on him in Rd 6 and Perry (TOS) 5 goals in Rd 12 - that's just off the top of my head.

He wasn't seen on the track a great deal over the season, particularly the colder months because work commitments (drives delivery trucks), which didn't impact his fitness levels at all he's pretty fit, but his disposal is poor and his decision making needs a lot of work.

Been his issue for years and no matter how many times his coaches have instructed him to play tighter - he did it his way. Will be exposed badly at even D2R level.

Play him as a defensive fwd?
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Officejet » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:Ummm sorry Office Jet, you might find I actually know him and recruited him to a club a few years back. Know his history quite well. Oh yeah by the way, it’s google not goggle bud

I told you not to google it, why can't people follow basic instructions?
We are the Red and Blacks
Officejet
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Footychannel » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Think you’ll find he was referring to the drug convictions, not whether you knew him or not.

I know Sclanders very well & the situation well.
He was never banned. Or did he ever have possession of "Steroids"
He was denied registration for the remainding 6 weeks of the athletic season due receiving information about an incident that happened when in 2011
Where his house mate was found possessing "marijuana" and sleeping tablets in his bedroom.
Tom was not part of any athletic association or sporting league at this time.
He was tested on the spot and has had random tests throughout his carrer.
As stated in the article he has never been charged for performance enhancing supplements nor has he been suspended. The Leauge had a rule that he couldn't register for any races for the remainder of that season (3 races left).
Hes a National level sprinter.
ASADA said they wanted nothing to do with is as he had no case to answer for and same with Athletics Australia.
After his home athletic club doing further investigations they are in full support of him and the situation.
Don't take everything you read on the internet At face value. They clearly tailor it to sell papers.
If you read carefully there are many contradictions in the article.
He has scince won a race at the Stawell gift.
He's a great lad
In that sport you get rubbed out for things such as Codral which they consider a performance enhancer..
Footychannel
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:00 am

Honestly I doubt anyone would seriously care if he was using performance enhancing or recreational drugs or whatever.

It's not cool that it comes up when you google his name, but really WGAF.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:45 am

The Bedge wrote:Honestly I doubt anyone would seriously care if he was using performance enhancing or recreational drugs or whatever.

I've goggled it heaps of times and can't find a thing.

Someone may have masked it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:Honestly I doubt anyone would seriously care if he was using performance enhancing or recreational drugs or whatever.

Not the first or last........
Last edited by Jimmy_041 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:43 pm

Footychannel wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I know Sclanders very well & the situation well.
He was never banned. Or did he ever have possession of "Steroids"
He was denied registration for the remainding 6 weeks of the athletic season due receiving information about an incident that happened when in 2011
Where his house mate was found possessing "marijuana" and sleeping tablets in his bedroom.
Tom was not part of any athletic association or sporting league at this time.
He was tested on the spot and has had random tests throughout his carrer.
As stated in the article he has never been charged for performance enhancing supplements nor has he been suspended. The Leauge had a rule that he couldn't register for any races for the remainder of that season (3 races left).
Hes a National level sprinter.
ASADA said they wanted nothing to do with is as he had no case to answer for and same with Athletics Australia.
After his home athletic club doing further investigations they are in full support of him and the situation.
Don't take everything you read on the internet At face value. They clearly tailor it to sell papers.
If you read carefully there are many contradictions in the article.
He has scince won a race at the Stawell gift.
He's a great lad
In that sport you get rubbed out for things such as Codral which they consider a performance enhancer..

Athletics are a joke. They let a bloke who gets rubbed out twice for performance enhancing back in and he wins the world champs when he beat Bolt. Absolute Joke
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Footychannel » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:08 pm

I agree with that. That bloke that was rubbed out twice was banned for testing positive to taking drugs
And raced whilst on them.

On this occasion he never tested positive to anything.
Never had performance enhancers
and the incident happened 6 years ago when he wasnt part of any sporting league.
Infact was battling depression at that time and had no interest in playing sport at that time.
The little local leauge found out and didnt let him register for the remaining 3 races.

The advertiser gets wind of it and blows it up with big fancy words to make it a story.
What *steroids* did he take? Who *banned* him?. All the important stuff is missing.

Its wrong. They tarnish a blokes acheivments for a story.
Footychannel
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby eric » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Is Sclanders still boxing?
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:46 pm

eric wrote:Is Sclanders still boxing?

Are you trying to decide to bag him or not? ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League