Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Wedgie » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:21 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Geezus, things have changed since my kids were young uns! Used to rock up about 8am, have a front row spot for the kids and Mum right in front of The Office on Pirie St where I'd down a few ales reading the paper.
Played in a band for 5 pageants too, like to see me try marching holding up a Sousaphone that distance now! Struggle a block holding my own flute!

C’mon mate, if you can hold a big sousaphone surely you can hold a very small flute..........

30 years is a long time! Was a bit fitter as a teenager!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bennymacca » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Great story, made me shed a tear.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-23/a ... ch/9183426

Massive respect to Ambos and anyone else in similar professions - no way i could do that. Hope the lady is at peace
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:34 am

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:About 4:30 yesterday afternoon I see out of the corner of my eye Missy Beagle fall over, "did she just fall over?" sort of "see" her. Not really seeing it, but sort of catching it I look over and she's blank as blank. I call her and she's not responding....****.

Run over to her and she's got that look in her eye like she's been ko'd. Won't stand up. Won't respond but is coming to.

Mrs, Miss and Boon wrap her up and off to the pet hospital on Anzac Highway, on the way she's taking short / sharp breathes, no tail wagging, no real pep in her normal 8 year old Beagle nutter step.

Hour or so later and we see the vet, long story short and she's got a heart murmur. This can potentially be the early on set of heart disease, but at her age is more likely a murmur. This can slightly in flame the heart making breathing a little more difficult, thus the short sharp breathes.

Low oxygenation when checked so it's likely what I saw was her passing out due to lack of oxygen. Unlikely it's the first time as we all either work or study so she's home alone all day, it's just that I saw this one and we've picked it up.

Animal hospital was good, said we'll need bloods and x-rays done to confirm what's happened and as medication can help with the condition we should go through that process, suggested to us that nothing is likely to change over night so instead of paying 8 o'clock Sunday rates we should get her to our normal vet today and let them know what's happened.

Off to the vet at 3:30 today....

We lost old Beasley back in May and Missy has had the sads, understandably since, Miss Boon had us all in tears last night when she said "She really does have a broken heart".... :(

Went to our own vet on Monday, set up appointment for today to get x-rays and bloods done.

Yes, a heart murmur. They scale them 1-6, we're currently at a 3.

We started on heart tablets and diuretics on Monday. The diuretics remove any excess fluid that may be built up around the heart or liver which, if left untreated, could end up in the lungs. She's lost a bit over 1kg from Monday night to this morning, all the fluid coming out. She's breathing easier, had an appetite last night for the first time in a few days so an improvement.

Drop some weight, maintain the heart medication and monitor her 6 monthly from here ( after next weeks follow up ) is the plan.

It's with a heavy heart that I tell you this came to a dreadful end around 6pm yesterday.

Missy has been on her medication since the initial vet visit some weeks ago. She'd been in fine health over the last few weeks. Went to Sweet Amber on Semaphore Road with her Sunday week ago for Pups'n'Pints with about 30 odd other dogs, had a ball.
Brother-in-law with his 2 year old and 6 month old came in Sunday just gone, she was great with them. Gentle, loving, lots of hugs with Miss 2 and couldn't have been more affectionate with 6 month old Mr.

Got home last night around 4:30, went and said G'day to Missy, asked her how her day was, grabbed the gear I needed and went and quickly mowed the front lawn. Back out the back to her, she seemed fine, panting a bit but it was 37°. I grabbed a beer, sat there with her for 5 minutes and gave her a pat as I downed #1 and went for a shower. Mrs Boon still at work, Junior and Miss headed out for tea to a friends birthday.

Mrs gets home as I got out the shower and I look out the back to see Missy on the back lawn, lifeless. Head out to find her frothing from nose and mouth, barely a heart beat and shallow, if any, breathing. Ring the vet as Mrs breaks down and describe the situation to the vet who confirms it sounds like catastrophic heart failure. Whilst I'm on the phone to the vet she takes her last breathe.

Kids came home and we had a few moments to gather ourselves before we chose a spot in the yard to lay her to rest. Laid her down with Beasley's collars and had an awful night. Still numb this morning.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7490 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:49 am

Really sorry to hear that mate.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:53 am

Sorry to hear Booney
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2601 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:55 am

:(
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:07 am

Sincere condolences, Booney. May Missy Beagle rest in peace.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:14 am

Sorry to hear Booney, devastating.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:22 am

Terrible news Booney, all the best to all the Boons :cry:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Johno6 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:29 am

**** boon, terrible news
sorry to read this.

its crazy how much love you can have for a dog.
no matter what happens to you during the day, when you get home they are more excited to see you than anyone else.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:11 am

Losing two in 5 months has been pretty hard on everyone. Big backyard looked pretty empty this morning, nobody was there to greet me as I "watered" the lemon tree.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jase » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:16 am

Bloody terrible news Boon, so sorry to hear this...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby JK » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:30 am

Terrible what the family has been through mate, condolences to you all :(
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:55 am

So sorry to hear mate. Just awful :(
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2399 times

Postby Alaska » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:33 pm

Awful news Boon commiserations
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:31 am

It's with a heavy heart that I tell you this came to a dreadful end around 6pm yesterday.

Missy has been on her medication since the initial vet visit some weeks ago. She'd been in fine health over the last few weeks. Went to Sweet Amber on Semaphore Road with her Sunday week ago for Pups'n'Pints with about 30 odd other dogs, had a ball.
Brother-in-law with his 2 year old and 6 month old came in Sunday just gone, she was great with them. Gentle, loving, lots of hugs with Miss 2 and couldn't have been more affectionate with 6 month old Mr.

Got home last night around 4:30, went and said G'day to Missy, asked her how her day was, grabbed the gear I needed and went and quickly mowed the front lawn. Back out the back to her, she seemed fine, panting a bit but it was 37°. I grabbed a beer, sat there with her for 5 minutes and gave her a pat as I downed #1 and went for a shower. Mrs Boon still at work, Junior and Miss headed out for tea to a friends birthday.

Mrs gets home as I got out the shower and I look out the back to see Missy on the back lawn, lifeless. Head out to find her frothing from nose and mouth, barely a heart beat and shallow, if any, breathing. Ring the vet as Mrs breaks down and describe the situation to the vet who confirms it sounds like catastrophic heart failure. Whilst I'm on the phone to the vet she takes her last breathe.

Kids came home and we had a few moments to gather ourselves before we chose a spot in the yard to lay her to rest. Laid her down with Beasley's collars and had an awful night. Still numb this morning.[/quote]

Condolences mate . Lost my best mate in June same way.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby MatteeG » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:52 am

Our 18 year old silver tabby taking his last breath this morning.

Just hung on long enough to see Master 7 off to school. Miss 4 is a bit aloof at the situation, she isnt convinced he's not coming back.

We got him when me and (now) Mrs G first moved out together- he saw a hell of a lot of us 'become adults'.

RIP Sebbee
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:02 am

MatteeG wrote:Our 18 year old silver tabby taking his last breath this morning.

Just hung on long enough to see Master 7 off to school. Miss 4 is a bit aloof at the situation, she isnt convinced he's not coming back.

We got him when me and (now) Mrs G first moved out together- he saw a hell of a lot of us 'become adults'.

RIP Sebbee

Sorry to hear that mate.

One week ago yesterday and it's still hard to believe what happened, numb.

Can't take to my backyard being empty. In May there was 2 running around out there, now there's none. :(
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:49 am

MatteeG wrote:Our 18 year old silver tabby taking his last breath this morning.

RIP Sebbee

18 is a great innings MatteeG, i'm going to be an incolsolable wreck when this finally happens to me.

He obviously had a great life - remember all the happy times.

Worth forking out for cremation and an urn to remember him by.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby MatteeG » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:57 pm

Booney wrote:
Sorry to hear that mate.

One week ago yesterday and it's still hard to believe what happened, numb.

Can't take to my backyard being empty. In May there was 2 running around out there, now there's none. :(

It a worry- our other cat is nearing 17 and our dog is nearing 10, would be a weird situation to have an empty yard/house as far as animals go!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion