The Ashes 2017/2018

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:44 am

*Choo, choo.*
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:28 pm

heater31 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Not sure if sledging Bairstow about his father who committed suicide is approriate though. Thats taking it too far IMO
Jonny himself denied it was about that. That is the golden rule of sledging dont mention their missus or immediate family. I would be disappointed if Australia stooped that low.

By Willis only alluding to it he left the door ajar for people to make assumptions, as noted above Bairstow has denied that's what it was about so Willis either needs to put up or shut up. He's not helping the matter with open ended comments like that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:53 pm

And as for the so called “racist sledge” directed at Moeen Ali - give me a spell.
“What time does your kebab shop open?” It’s lame & a tad pathetic - but racist? No.
Ali never reported it & when quizzed on the matter, said it was “nothing major” & he was “not at all fazed”.
I fully support stamping out racism, let’s not go too far here though...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Brodlach wrote:Not sure if sledging Bairstow about his father who committed suicide is approriate though. Thats taking it too far IMO

Doubt it. Bairstow would have punched on if that was the case.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:12 pm

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Jonny himself denied it was about that. That is the golden rule of sledging dont mention their missus or immediate family. I would be disappointed if Australia stooped that low.

By Willis only alluding to it he left the door ajar for people to make assumptions, as noted above Bairstow has denied that's what it was about so Willis either needs to put up or shut up. He's not helping the matter with open ended comments like that.
Which is just pouring fuel on the fire.....critique their technique or stroke their ego. How would a member of the media know exactly what was said? He doesn't have a ******* clue only the players and umpires know.

I for one on Saturday copped a barrage of one liners from a bunch of Northern scrubbers some were humerous others were not. Best I've batted all season pity we were up shit creek. I was quite chuffed to be called a washed up Redback with wearing a red lid and tape hiding a logo [emoji16]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Spargo wrote:And as for the so called “racist sledge” directed at Moeen Ali - give me a spell.
“What time does your kebab shop open?” It’s lame & a tad pathetic - but racist? No.
Ali never reported it & when quizzed on the matter, said it was “nothing major” & he was “not at all fazed”.

If his Kebabs are anything like his bowling I wouldn't bother ordering one... they'd have nothing on them.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby heater31 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Spargo wrote:And as for the so called “racist sledge” directed at Moeen Ali - give me a spell.
From the crowd allegedly too. I bet Moeen has copped worse growing up in Birmingham...
heater31

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Corona Man wrote:

If his Kebabs are anything like his bowling I wouldn't bother ordering one... they'd have nothing on them.

Fruit kebabs
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:19 pm

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Which is just pouring fuel on the fire.....critique their technique or stroke their ego. How would a member of the media know exactly what was said? He doesn't have a ******* clue only the players and umpires know.

I for one on Saturday copped a barrage of one liners from a bunch of Northern scrubbers some were humerous others were not. Best I've batted all season pity we were up shit creek. I was quite chuffed to be called a washed up Redback with wearing a red lid and tape hiding a logo [emoji16]

I reckon a lot gets heard through stump mic that we dont here. The MacQuarie Radio broadcasts has a fed into their commentary box direct from stump mic
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Brodlach wrote:I reckon a lot gets heard through stump mic that we dont here. The MacQuarie Radio broadcasts has a fed into their commentary box direct from stump mic

They all do (media broadcasts), they pick and choose what we hear which, today, is very little.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:22 pm

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:

What you wouldn't give hey, what you wouldn't give.... ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 pm

heater31 wrote:

Fair travel for a home game?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:48 pm

Most of the english lads aren't fussed by the talk of the Australians going by what they have said in the media. They said it's all been harmless other then something handscomb said to Bairstow which has obviously pissed Bairstow off a fair bit. It would be interesting to know what he said as Bairstow doesn't get angry often, plus they knew each other from playing at Yorkshire together this past English summer.

The old English media need to shut up as there is always going to be chat out there. I mean they are competitive people by nature and there playing for there country what do you expect to happen. This England team plays its best when its not talking anyway, Anderson and Broad will always talk but the rest of the team are quiet guys by nature who should just shut up and play especially root.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Who you playing for now heater?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:[quote="Brodlach"]Not sure if sledging Bairstow about his father who committed suicide is approriate though. Thats taking it too far IMO

What you wouldn't give hey, what you wouldn't give.... ;)[/quote]I would have a few mates in this category [emoji2]
heater31

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:24 am

Corona Man wrote:

More like a Pie shop I reckon.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:25 am

Brodlach wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Who you playing for now heater?

Tasmania.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am

CRICKET chiefs launched a probe today after The Sun handed over a bombshell dossier on attempts to fix the Third Ashes Test.

Two bookies offered to sell us details of rigged periods of play which could be bet on to win millions of pounds.

They asked for up to £140,000 to “spot fix” markets such as the exact amount of runs scored in an over.

The Indian Mr Big said: “Before match. I will tell you this over, this runs and then you have to put all the bets on that over.”

Asked if it was a good source he said: “Absolutely correct information.”

The pair said corrupt players “signal” the fix is on by making a subtle gesture on the field, such as changing their gloves.

Spotters in the crowd then tell bookies who quickly bet millions into the underground Indian market.

The pair reeled off players they say work as their “puppets”.

They also claimed to be working with a fixer in Australian cricket known as The Silent Man.

He is said to work with former and current internationals including a World Cup-winning all-rounder.

No current England stars were named as involved.

The International Cricket Council said our revelations were of “grave concern”, adding: “We take all allegations of corruption seriously and welcome The Sun’s offer to share this information.”

Cricket corruption expert Ed Hawkins added: “This is potentially disastrous for the game. The Ashes is one of the pillars of cricket.”

The Mr Big, ex-state cricketer Sobers Joban, and partner Priyank Saxena, a tobacco businessman and bookmaker, were secretly filmed at hotels in Dubai and Delhi in our four-month investigation.

The Third Ashes Test started overnight in Perth, Australia, and is due to last five days.

Joban said he could get players to follow “scripts” — such how many runs would be scored in a session, or an innings, when a wicket will fall and what a team would do if it won the toss.

He said: “I will give you work in Ashes Test. Session runs. Maybe day one, two, three. We have two session work, one session costs 60 lakh rupees (£69,000), two sessions 120 lakh rupees (138,000).

“If you are interested Priyank will talk to the Silent Man. If you want to go with him alright, but you will not sit in meeting. I don’t know what he give, script or session.

“Right now if I tell you he want one crore (£116,000), he might want five crores (£580,000).”

Asked if the offer was confirmed, Saxena, replied: “One thousand per cent”.

Later in two recorded calls, Saxena said he had spoken to The Silent Man and a fix attempt was due in the middle of the Ashes.

He said: “I have sent the email (to Australia) and am waiting for a reply. When I am sure everything is confirmed then I will pass it on.

“I have to go to Australia with someone. I’ll meet the Man, he will tell me the script and the rate.”

Last week in another call, Joban confirmed the fix attempt was on.

He said: “You have to give advance money in India. ***** will tell you each and everything, how to put on bet. I will give you exact figure, like 10 overs, 35 runs.”

In a call this week Joban said details would be passed on after the toss “maybe on day one or two”.

He added: “The Australian bookmakers will buy this match so it will be perfect, perfect news.”

Experts believe the Perth Test is a target for Indian fixers as the time difference to Delhi is 2½ hours — making high speed telephone betting trades easier.

The bookies also bragged they can corrupt games in lucrative Twenty20 leagues such as Australia’s Big Bash and the Indian Premier League (IPL).

They urged our investigators, who posed as financiers for underworld London bookies, to pour millions into a new Zimbabwean league where matches would be fixed.

Joban said his gang often don’t arrange fixes on the first and last matches of series to avoid suspicion.

He boasted he had carried out 17 to 18 fixes with two IPL teams.

He said the tournament, and India’s illegal betting market — valued at £1billion, had opened up the possibility of corrupting stars.

He said: “The players have their own bookies and agents, this IPL teach the world about fixing and money.”

Over ten years he claimed to have made “a lot of contacts” with South African, Australian and Pakistani players, who wanted “money guaranteed” and “security”.

Joban alleged one Test player had been paid £175,000 to bowl a wide to manipulate the run rate in a Twenty20 game.

Another batsman was said to have earned bookies a fortune by losing his wicket on the sixth ball of an over.

Speaking of the players’ gestures Joban said: “They are well signalled in advance. In every IPL match the signals are purposely not shown on the live broadcasts.

“I give you a red watch, you wear a red watch.

“In the IPL five t-shirts will be the full size, five will be half sleeves.
A player bowls the over in full t-shirt, that is the signal.

“A wide, running in and stopping without bowling, so many signals.”

Once a signal is called in by a spotter, Joban said bookies have two to three minutes to get bets on.

He said: “Phone line is connected and you just call the bets. You sit in twos and threes and fours.”

Crooked players are paid by hawala, a system which operates outside of regular banking.

Our reporters were told hawala agents in South Africa received funds on behalf of players there.

Mafia syndicate D Company is one of the biggest controllers of such transfers and has been linked to corruption in cricket.

Cricket expert Mr Hawkins said of our investigation: “It’s absolutely bombshell stuff that we are talking about The Ashes in this context. People didn’t think series as big as that would be affected by bookies.”

An ICC spokesman said: “These are serious allegations and of grave concern. Our anti-corruption unit will continue working to uphold integrity in cricket focusing on education, prevention and disruption of any attempts to corrupt, including in relation to the third Test in Australia.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5133944/s ... shes-test/
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:51 am

I just saw the recording and I’m not overly convinced.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:34 am

Whilst none of it would surprise me, never trust the c***s at the Sun
FUSC
JK