I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:07 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Renting a place at the moment, the evaporative air con shat itself and is getting replaced.

Get a water bill yesterday, $982, I think the thing was pissing out during the colder months when it wasn't in use, I had no way of telling as the downpipes go underground and it's a very steep roofed high 2 storey house, what are my options as we clearly didn't use that much water, the bill was more than triple our usual.

Isn't the water meant to be turned off when it's not in use for a prolonged period of time?

The bill isn't in our name so I can't even call SA Water.

This is on the back of thinking we were for forking out $500 for some mechanical repairs last week that have turned out to be closer to $2500, a fair kick in the snatch at this time of year, a very depressing Christmas on it's way.

Unlikely given your installation, 2 storey and steep roof. Some units required start up / shut down in the past, some were self cleaning, sounds as though yours might have been in need of start up / shut down and due to the position it hasn't been done at the start and end of summer.

And yes, if there's issues with the float or something has perished ( solenoid for open / close ) then it may well have just been flowing non-stop since it was last used or inspected.

One dude got up there a few weeks ago to diagnose it, he came down and said he's been doing his job for 11 years and has never been so scared in his life while he was up there.

The unit's lid had been text screwed back on and he could see the pump was screwed, he said he was not willing to repair it and a new one was the only answer, I can't find his number in my phone now though, I really need to be able to speak to him but my phone recent list dates back to the day after I last spoke to him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:08 am

Booney wrote:Anyone got something they can flick me through to keep me busy?

Absolutely dead in my office at the moment, phone hasn't rung at all today.

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby toot toot » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Renting a place at the moment, the evaporative air con shat itself and is getting replaced.

Get a water bill yesterday, $982, I think the thing was pissing out during the colder months when it wasn't in use, I had no way of telling as the downpipes go underground and it's a very steep roofed high 2 storey house, what are my options as we clearly didn't use that much water, the bill was more than triple our usual.

Isn't the water meant to be turned off when it's not in use for a prolonged period of time?

The bill isn't in our name so I can't even call SA Water.

This is on the back of thinking we were for forking out $500 for some mechanical repairs last week that have turned out to be closer to $2500, a fair kick in the snatch at this time of year, a very depressing Christmas on it's way.

This might help, although the owner may have to apply for it. I used it when I had a burst pipe in my roof (vacant house water running for days).

https://www.sawater.com.au/forms/leakag ... pplication
toot toot
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:04 am

toot toot wrote:

This might help, although the owner may have to apply for it. I used it when I had a burst pipe in my roof (vacant house water running for days).

https://www.sawater.com.au/forms/leakag ... pplication

Thanks tooter, I had been told of such a thing, I've forwarded another email and the link to my agent.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:25 am

I get that drink driving is dangerous and wrong all year round, but it amazes how people do it this time of the year when you know there's more police presence on the road. Driving home from Nightowls last night first on Military Rd following a car that straddles the dual lanes then almost mounts the median strip, driver surely had to be off their chops. Shortly after was another on Bartley Tce (albeit not as bad as the first one). SMRT
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Keefy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:11 am

Has anyone had to have their satellite dish for Foxtel moved from one location on their house to another.

Mine needs to be moved so I can have a roof replaced.
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:38 am

Anyone know much about unfair dismissal?

A friend was made redundant last year only to find that they replaced them about a month later, the company is notorious for it.

The silver lining was the person who made the redundancies occur got found out and was made redundant themselves, they head-hunted workers but when they felt threatened they'd ensure the person got the arse, nasty piece of work.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Anyone know much about unfair dismissal?

A friend was made redundant last year only to find that they replaced them about a month later, the company is notorious for it.

The silver lining was the person who made the redundancies occur got found out and was made redundant themselves, they head-hunted workers but when they felt threatened they'd ensure the person got the arse, nasty piece of work.

I believe there is a certain amount of time before that position can be replaced. 6 months maybe?
But ultimately the position should be made redundant, not the employee. So if the new employee was put into the same role as the one made redundant then yes they are in breach I believe.
I'd speak with FairWork SA
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:57 am

@wycbloods
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:23 pm

Fair Work Commission
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:23 pm

heater31 wrote:

Fair Work Commission

All I can find is that it needs to be lodged with 21 days of dismissal.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:40 pm

Hate to state the obvious but his union?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Wedgie wrote:Hate to state the obvious but his union?

Administration, no union.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Isn't there unions for everyone including admin? Excuse my ignornce as the two industries I've worked in have had unions shoved down their throats for anyone earning up to 100k.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Magellan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 pm

heater31 wrote:

Fair Work Commission

My understanding is that a 'genuine redundancy' is permissible, and that means 'means a dismissal where the person’s employer no longer requires the person’s job to be performed by anyone because of changes in the operational requirements of the employer’s enterprise.'

So, if the employer's used redundancy to hire and fire people for the same job then there might be an argument that it was not 'genuine'. The FWC as heater says would be the venue to seek compo or reinstatement.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Also depends on work volume. If you lose a major client in September and you make someone redundant in October that acceptable. Then regain that same client or another in December meaning more staff is required there is no obligation to offer that person the job back as far as I’m aware.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:57 pm

All the employer needs to do is change the job description slightly and it’s all good.
The company I work for does it frequently.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Yep. Fair Work is the way to go.
Or Gary Colless??
Today tonight
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Does anyone else believe this forum is the Pun capital of the world wide web??
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:57 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Does anyone else believe this forum is the Pun capital of the world wide web??

Punny you mention it, was thinking something similar.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion