2018 AFL Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2018 AFL Season

Postby Spargo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:55 am

MW wrote:Anyone else think Booney might have a koi tattoo?

To go with the love, hate & Mum tatts...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5483 times
Been liked: 5122 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:56 am

Spargo wrote:
MW wrote:Anyone else think Booney might have a koi tattoo?

To go with the love, hate & Mum tatts...

It's not one that I have, yet. It's on the list, the long, expensive list.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:59 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The question going through my mind is "why would you get a tattoo of a fish on your body"?

Koi fish tattoo's are almost as old as the art itself. In Japanese culture Koi fish represent overcoming adversity, new beginnings and a new start.

Japanese and Chinese culture believe Koi fish turned into dragons, well, one did. The myth is Koi were swimming up a river in China and struggled to breach a watefall, they gathered in huge numbers and tried for 100 years to climb the waterfall. Legend has it that one Koi managed to climb the waterfall and his endeavor was rewarded by the gods by being transformed into a dragon, thus the prolific nature of koi and dragons in Japanese tattoo culture.

The koi is a truly iconic tattoo subject.

And only yakuza have tattoos in Japan

So booney is also a bikie? :)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Q. » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:00 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The question going through my mind is "why would you get a tattoo of a fish on your body"?
I have a tattoo of a cat chopped in half with the words "I'm a little ****** up I might need a hug"
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:11 am

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:

Koi fish tattoo's are almost as old as the art itself. In Japanese culture Koi fish represent overcoming adversity, new beginnings and a new start.
Japanese and Chinese culture believe Koi fish turned into dragons, well, one did. The myth is Koi were swimming up a river in China and struggled to breach a watefall, they gathered in huge numbers and tried for 100 years to climb the waterfall. Legend has it that one Koi managed to climb the waterfall and his endeavor was rewarded by the gods by being transformed into a dragon, thus the prolific nature of koi and dragons in Japanese tattoo culture.

And only yakuza have tattoos in Japan
So booney is also a bikie? :)

Not every gangster has a body suit and not everyone with a body suit is a gangster, common perception is that though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Spargo wrote:

Or a beaver? Well, that’s what I make it out to be...

I can't quite see that one, there are knickers in the way.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Booney wrote:

That makes sense then, I thought I was looking at a young Bruce Lee for a minute.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:18 pm

Q. wrote:
I have a tattoo of a cat chopped in half with the words "I'm a little ****** up I might need a hug"

On your arse cheek?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:

On your arse cheek?
Far more visible than that [emoji50]
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:The question going through my mind after 'I think about giving her one' is "why would you get a tattoo of a fish on your body"?

EFA mate
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Michael Christian is the new sheriff in town after the AFL scrapped the match review panel and appointed him the league's sole match review officer.
The Collingwood premiership player and media personality replaces the previous panel of ex-players - which he was also part of - who reviewed on-field indiscretions and meted out punishment.
Beefed-up fines and quicker turnaround times will feature in the new system, with Christian answering to the AFL rather than sitting as an independent body.
Announcing the changes - as part of a long-awaited review - AFL football boss Steve Hocking says his goal is to create a "streamlined and consistent" system more easily understood by fans and clubs.
The changes will allow for judgements on incidents that occur during games on Thursday and Friday nights to be handed down the next day rather than Monday as has been the case in the past.
For 2018 at least, Saturday and Sunday matches will still be reviewed on Monday and the tribunal will continue to sit on Tuesday evening if required.
While players will be slugged with higher fines under the extensive overhaul, they should miss fewer games under the new system.
The application of a bad-record penalty has been discarded and the automatic one-match suspension for a third fine in a season has also been scrapped.
More cases are likely to be heard by the tribunal, with clubs incurring a $10,000 fee for an unsuccessful challenge instead of their player being slapped with an increased penalty.
Players will still get an early guilty plea discount on fines - which have been doubled with a first offence to incur a $3000 penalty, $5000 for a second and $8000 for a third - but the discount for suspensions has been scrapped.
The changes come after a frustrating year for players and fans confused by some of the penalties handed down by the MRP.
"The MRP system has worked well for football by allowing players to accept sanctions for low-level offences," Hocking said on Thursday.
"But there are aspects of the system that have needed to continue to evolve and change as our game continues to grow.
"We wanted to streamline a lot of the decision making and become more consistent."
Christian's position will be part time and he will step down from all roles in the media.
However, he will be made available to reporters every Monday during the season to explain how disciplinary outcomes were reached.
"I'm sure not everyone will agree with every decision but I'm going to be available to talk to the public to try to explain reasons why decisions have been arrived at," Christian said.
"You might not agree with that but I at least want to be clear and transparent about why decisions are made."
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 1213 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Those changes sound excellent, especially no discounts or loading for bad records, as they were where a lot of the inconsistency occurred.

The 10k fine for unsuccessful challenges should stop clubs doing it frivolously but still should allow more challenges.

Lot of pressure on one person though, that’s a big job.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Spargo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Stepping down from all media roles for a part time job...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5483 times
Been liked: 5122 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:28 pm

Spargo wrote:Stepping down from all media roles for a part time job...

Would be able to name his price.
Will be well looked after
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:18 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The question going through my mind after 'I think about giving her one' is "why would you get a tattoo of a fish on your body"?

EFA mate

LOL, not my cup of tea, I'll pass.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:19 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-14/players-worries-prompt-dees-to-cancel-camp

They thought the finals in 2017 was going to be too difficult so decided to pass on that one also
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2608 times
Been liked: 1848 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:36 pm

MW wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-14/players-worries-prompt-dees-to-cancel-camp

They thought the finals in 2017 was going to be too difficult so decided to pass on that one also

Weak as piss.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:15 am

The Bedge wrote:
MW wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-14/players-worries-prompt-dees-to-cancel-camp

Weak as piss.

Disgraceful. Harden the f**** up
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 am

I've questioned the mental strength of Melbourne's leaders more than once on this site.

Apparently the playing group approached the AFLPA about how to best approach the coaching group / club about the camp.

And you ******* jokers on here reckon Melbourne will use Watts' comments as motivation when they play Port next year. :lol: :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:53 am

Booney wrote:And you ******* jokers on here reckon Melbourne will use Watts' comments as motivation when they play Port next year. :lol: :lol:

They're probably more likely to say they're offended and he hurt their feelings and want him to apologise because it wasn't very nice.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL