The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:06 pm

Booney wrote:Two months after quitting the Senate for a tilt at state politics, Nick Xenophon's new SA Best party is outpolling the government and the opposition in South Australia, a Newspoll shows.

SA Best has 32 per cent of the primary vote, the poll published in The Australian on Tuesday shows.

This compared to the Labor government, with 27 per cent, and the Liberals, with 20 per cent.

Asked who would be the better premier, 46 per cent of voters said Mr Xenophon.

Some 22 per cent plumped for incumbent Jay Weatherill, while Opposition Leader Steven Marshall lagged on 19 per cent.

This year's results compared to a similar poll conducted in 2015, which showed Mr Weatherill well ahead with a 42 per cent approval rating.

Two years ago the primary vote for the Labor government was pegged at 36 per cent, against 38 per cent for the Liberals.

South Australia voters are due to elect the next state government in March 2018.

Mr Xenophon quit the Senate in October to return to state politics.

The poll of 800 people was taken between October 12 and December 17.

If that poll is an accurate reflection of the entire state I'm moving next year, I know there's a lot of stupid ignorant people in the state (only have to spend 5 minutes on the road to realise that) but if there's that many I want out.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby heater31 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:Two months after quitting the Senate for a tilt at state politics, Nick Xenophon's new SA Best party is outpolling the government and the opposition in South Australia, a Newspoll shows.

SA Best has 32 per cent of the primary vote, the poll published in The Australian on Tuesday shows.

This compared to the Labor government, with 27 per cent, and the Liberals, with 20 per cent.

Some 22 per cent plumped for incumbent Jay Weatherill, while Opposition Leader Steven Marshall lagged on 19 per cent.

This year's results compared to a similar poll conducted in 2015, which showed Mr Weatherill well ahead with a 42 per cent approval rating.

Two years ago the primary vote for the Labor government was pegged at 36 per cent, against 38 per cent for the Liberals.

South Australia voters are due to elect the next state government in March 2018.

If that poll is an accurate reflection of the entire state I'm moving next year, I know there's a lot of stupid ignorant people in the state (only have to spend 5 minutes on the road to realise that) but if there's that many I want out.
Moving to Thailand???
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:29 pm

heater31 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Moving to Thailand???

Anywhere!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Magellan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:34 pm

heater31 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Moving to Thailand???

Would be keen to know how that goes if it happens.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:39 pm

I move to Sydney in January
Thailand does sound better
Maybe in 5 years
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Wedgie » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:50 pm

I'd prefer Syria to Sydney.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Wedgie wrote:I'd prefer Syria to Sydney.

Same thing in some suburbs

I'm going to Keweville
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:29 am

We even call the people in our own Sydney office "Sydney wankers". :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:52 pm

Kouta says we're $200 million in front......everything is fine [emoji6]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:36 pm

heater31 wrote:Kouta says we're $200 million in front......everything is fine [emoji6]

That’s probably all that’s left of the ~$5Bn of public assets he has sold off in the past 3 1/2 years
He’s pissed the rest up against the wall.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby DOC » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:57 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

I'm going to Keweville

When does that become a suburb of Sydney let alone a place in the world?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:01 pm

Old Red wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:“We came to office in 2002 desperate to show we could manage the finances, although we were not always fiscally virtuous with windfall tax gains.”

Not fiscally virtuous with anything

Koutsantanus has racked up an extra $1 Billion debt every year since the last election
With all the spending on diesel power to get them out of the $hithole they've dug for themselves, we'll be hitting $15 Billion by 30th June next year
Not a bad effort seeing they are getting $1.7 Billion extra GST than they were 4 years ago
Kouts is a loose cannon. Its a blight on the people that these guys have been returned year after year. However when the alternative is Steve Marshall it clear why this is the case.

The state badly needs a change, thats clear. But when the "change" is dressed up as Marshall led liberal party it doesnt look great.

Will be interesting to see the effect the X-man has on the current malaise towards both parties.

He won't and I'll tell you why (IMHO) It was easy for him to throw haymakers from 10 deep when he was a lone wolf but if he has balance of power, there will also be a large degree of accountability he is neither prepared for or armed with the necessary IP.

He's no good.

He has already had instances where he has had the balance of power in the Federal Senate.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:32 am

DOC wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

I'm going to Keweville

When does that become a suburb of Sydney let alone a place in the world?

Kiwiville ala Manly
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby cracka » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:35 am

Old Red wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:“We came to office in 2002 desperate to show we could manage the finances, although we were not always fiscally virtuous with windfall tax gains.”

Not fiscally virtuous with anything

Koutsantanus has racked up an extra $1 Billion debt every year since the last election
With all the spending on diesel power to get them out of the $hithole they've dug for themselves, we'll be hitting $15 Billion by 30th June next year
Not a bad effort seeing they are getting $1.7 Billion extra GST than they were 4 years ago
Kouts is a loose cannon. Its a blight on the people that these guys have been returned year after year. However when the alternative is Steve Marshall it clear why this is the case.

The state badly needs a change, thats clear. But when the "change" is dressed up as Marshall led liberal party it doesnt look great.

Will be interesting to see the effect the X-man has on the current malaise towards both parties.

He won't and I'll tell you why (IMHO) It was easy for him to throw haymakers from 10 deep when he was a lone wolf but if he has balance of power, there will also be a large degree of accountability he is neither prepared for or armed with the necessary IP.

He's no good.

bennymacca wrote:He has already had instances where he has had the balance of power in the Federal Senate.

I like the X man. It shows how scared the major parties are when they will preference each other over him. I voted for Sharkie in the last federal election as I'm sick of Mayo being a safe liberal seat & don't vote for the major parties in general. I'm looking forward to seeing what he will do for SA.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:04 pm

So Marshall says he will quit if he loses the next election.
Of course he will lose it....its the unloseable election 2.0
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Psyber » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:41 am

cracka wrote: I like the X man. It shows how scared the major parties are when they will preference each other over him. I voted for Sharkie in the last federal election as I'm sick of Mayo being a safe liberal seat & don't vote for the major parties in general. I'm looking forward to seeing what he will do for SA.

I voted for Rebekha Sharkie too, but mainly because couldn't stand the general attitude of Jamie Briggs, who talked over those who disagreed with him just like SHY does.

I'm not quite sure what to make of Nick X these days, but liked what he stood for in the 1990s, when I knew him pre-politics. I've only spoken to him once since my return from Melbourne in 2009 - at a mutual mates wedding that year.

I do think the major parties need a shake up as the state Libs have been a bit of a shambles, and the ALP appear to have been inclined to think they can get away anything they want because of that.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:15 am

We'll end up with a minority government that has to get into bed with the X Team to hold "power". This next election is shaping up as a bloody shambles.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:59 am

That’s called democracy at work. In principle I don’t mind a minority government - better than one party dominating both houses and the opposition and minor parties being irrelevant
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby am Bays » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:10 am

Booney wrote:We'll end up with a minority government that has to get into bed with the X Team to hold "power". This next election is shaping up as a bloody shambles.

Yup called this back in Jan this year...

am Bays wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Pretty easy to see how Trump got elected when people don't like the politicians from either side who, let's face it, are only in it for themselves

Yup it's why in 2018 we are going to have a hung Parliament here in SA,

NXT to have the BOP.

FIGJAM
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:14 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:So Marshall says he will quit if he loses the next election.
Of course he will lose it....its the unloseable election 2.0

he ain't winning it, it's harder for him this time than in 2014, thanks to NXP standing in double the lib seats than ALP as it currently stands.

Trump and the Russians emails, Jay and the NXP......

:shock: :shock:
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics