Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:15 pm

Ducks first full day out side and now they are trying to get back inside when I leave the door open, trying to be indoor duck. :lol:
Not happening. But it was pretty cool watching them “sneak” back into the house. You’d walk around them and they’d head straight out the door
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:27 pm

My lad proposing to his girlfriend of 8 years on Xmas eve. He even asked her fathers permission. #doingitright #canwaitforgrandkidsthanks
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby carey » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:54 am

Finding out at the family Xmas show that my grandad competed in the 1958 commenwealth games. He actually qualified for cycling and distance running but the competitions conflicted with each other so he went in the cycling.

Might not sound much to some but I was quite taken back by it.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:09 am

carey wrote:Finding out at the family Xmas show that my grandad competed in the 1958 commenwealth games. He actually qualified for cycling and distance running but the competitions conflicted with each other so he went in the cycling.

Might not sound much to some but I was quite taken back by it.

Fair effort Carey, his sporting prowess obviously didn't dribble down to you ;) :lol:

You should see if you can find any info in the papers of the day (I know that's not really your thing but...)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby RustyCage » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:24 pm

Currently sitting in the old grandstand at Waverley. First thing you notice is just how big the oval was. The way they've kept a part of the stand, some terracing including old wooden seats, the players bench, some original fencing, it's really well done. You can feel the atmosphere of the place. I try to visit an old VFL club ground when I visit Melbourne, and out of all the places I've been, this place feels special, not sure why.

I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:48 pm

Working tonight.
I'm too hungover to drink and/or party.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2024 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:25 pm

RustyCage wrote:Currently sitting in the old grandstand at Waverley. First thing you notice is just how big the oval was. The way they've kept a part of the stand, some terracing including old wooden seats, the players bench, some original fencing, it's really well done. You can feel the atmosphere of the place. I try to visit an old VFL club ground when I visit Melbourne, and out of all the places I've been, this place feels special, not sure why.

Great stuff, Rusty!

I went there in 2014 to do the same thing, and I too was surprised at the sheer size of the ground. Not to mention that the outer edge of the gravel running track was the true size of the ground during its playing days.

Standing in the centre circle was weird, knowing that 23 years before that, I was standing in the exact spot that a ball was bounced to start an AFL Grand Final.

The Last Piece cafe is a great spot for a feed (shook hands with both Jordan Lewis and Jarryd Roughead in there when I visited), and my mate and I (very much hungover) had a mini footy and a few cracks at goals from Daicos' pocket.

Great memories from a bygone era. I, despite the ground being a sh*thole, have a strange fascination with Waverley Park. Great that they have kept the mural too!!
Last edited by valleys07 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:28 pm

Still remember being there at the Carlton v Crows semi in 1993. Almost killed some Carlton fans walking across the oval after the game.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2024 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:32 pm

valleys07 wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Currently sitting in the old grandstand at Waverley. First thing you notice is just how big the oval was. The way they've kept a part of the stand, some terracing including old wooden seats, the players bench, some original fencing, it's really well done. You can feel the atmosphere of the place. I try to visit an old VFL club ground when I visit Melbourne, and out of all the places I've been, this place feels special, not sure why.

Great stuff, Rusty!

I went there in 2014 to do the same thing, and I too was surprised at the sheer size of the ground. Not to mention that the outer edge of the gravel running track was the true size of the ground.

Standing in the centre circle was weird, knowing that 23 years before that, I was standing in the exact spot that a ball was bounced to start an AFL Grand Final.

The Last Piece cafe is a great spot for a feed (shook hands with both Jordan Lewis and Jarryd Roughead in there when I visited), and my mate and I (very much hungover) had a mini footy and a few cracks at goals from Daicos' pocket.

Great memories from a bygone era. I, despite the ground being a sh*thole, have a strange fascination with Waverley Park. Great that they have kept the mural too!!

I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Sounds like theres a couple more closet Hawthorn fans from down the Port to go with Booney ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Spargo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:14 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Sounds like theres a couple more closet Hawthorn fans from down the Port to go with Booney ;)

:lol: Pay that.
Also, all this love for Waverley - the place was a dump IMO.
Can’t beat the suburban grounds. Arden St, Princes Pk, the Western Oval, Victoria Pk - even Glenferrie & Junction Ovals. But Moorabbin was something else - funny & scary all in one. Never been to Windy Hill.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:49 pm

I rate @Ian for pinching, er...I mean "acquiring" 2 x Christmas penguins from his office, just for me :d :d :-BD :prayer:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:06 pm

Spargo wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Sounds like theres a couple more closet Hawthorn fans from down the Port to go with Booney ;)

:lol: Pay that.
Also, all this love for Waverley - the place was a dump IMO.
Can’t beat the suburban grounds. Arden St, Princes Pk, the Western Oval, Victoria Pk - even Glenferrie & Junction Ovals. But Moorabbin was something else - funny & scary all in one. Never been to Windy Hill.

I wouldn't say I 'love' Waverley. I never went there for a game, so the reputation of a cold, windy, concrete sh*thole out in the middle of nowhere is all I have to base my opinion on. Hardly a glowing endorsement of the ground.

I guess my fascination stems from the ground being synonomous with my early childhood memories of watching AFL, with a lot of the saturday telecasts live from Waverley. That, the strange positioning of the camerabox, and the old sepia scoreboard made it an iconic AFL ground.
Last edited by valleys07 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:24 pm

I found Waverley a strange ground to watch football at. Almost a circular feel
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Waverley was a crap hole. Used to hate going there to watch footy
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:29 am

Reading the SACE merit liftout in this mornings paper.

With the bad press that seems to dominate (at times) and drive popular opinion regarding our teenagers, it makes for good reading. It is nice to know there are still a large amount of well adjusted school leavers who should make fine young adults.

Our state is in good hands.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:35 am

DOC wrote:Reading the SACE merit liftout in this mornings paper.

With the bad press that seems to dominate (at times) and drive popular opinion regarding our teenagers, it makes for good reading. It is nice to know there are still a large amount of well adjusted school leavers who should make fine young adults.

Our state is in good hands.
Given the facilities some public schools are forced to deliver their services in full credit to teachers and students...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:04 am

Wedgie wrote:Still remember being there at the Carlton v Crows semi in 1993. Almost killed some Carlton fans walking across the oval after the game.

I went to that game also, Justin Madden kicked that goal on the run IIRC.

Loved the old VFL grounds, went to Vic Park for a Crows/Collingwood game, most feral game I have ever been too!

Went to Princess Park for a Hawks/Carlton game, one of the rare games SOS played Full Forward and kicked 7.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby DOC » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:24 am

Dutchy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Still remember being there at the Carlton v Crows semi in 1993. Almost killed some Carlton fans walking across the oval after the game.

I went to that game also, Justin Madden kicked that goal on the run IIRC.

Loved the old VFL grounds, went to Vic Park for a Crows/Collingwood game, most feral game I have ever been too!

Went to Princess Park for a Hawks/Carlton game, one of the rare games SOS played Full Forward and kicked 7.

He did kick over 200 goals. I think he played the his last 3 years mostly at full forward.

I agree it was rare to kick 7.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:36 am

I know it’s not that hard to get into, but I was accepted into the tafe course I wanted. Can’t wait to work torwards a new career...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion