St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby lion heart » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:11 pm

vics01 wrote:
Looking forward to having the great man back, he will certainly put some bums on seats!

Seats at Lonsdale?? :lol: :lol:

Must be in the school court yard 500 meters from the oval

I’d say more seating than your former club Cove, but I will concede less than your new club Hackham! Or have you found a 3rd club?
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby vics01 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:12 pm

I’d say more seating than your former club Cove, but I will concede less than your new club Hackham! Or have you found a 3rd club?

Cunny Funt

Doubt more seats.. Have you told the Oppo they need to trek 200 meters from the change room to the oval?

Nope still love Cove..
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:40 am

vics01 wrote:Have you told the Oppo they need to trek 200 meters from the change room to the oval?..

No different to when sides play against Trinity :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:54 pm

If you're worried about shit like that when you travel to a ground then good luck being able to focus enough for 2 hours to win a game.

Lonsdale will be a good fit for the league. Central Utd v Lonsdale will officially become the longest trip in the history of the SAAFL!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:33 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:If you're worried about shit like that when you travel to a ground then good luck being able to focus enough for 2 hours to win a game.

Lonsdale will be a good fit for the league. Central Utd v Lonsdale will officially become the longest trip in the history of the SAAFL!

Rockhampton to Thebarton is a fair hike as well ;)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby adr107 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:39 am

Anyone heard much from St Pauls in this off-season?

It will be really interesting to see where they are in 3-5 years time. After such a big build up wanting to start their journey in Division 6, they really haven't set the world on fire like many thought. New coach but not much word on any player movement in or out for 2018.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:41 am

adr107 wrote:Anyone heard much from St Pauls in this off-season?

It will be really interesting to see where they are in 3-5 years time. After such a big build up wanting to start their journey in Division 6, they really haven't set the world on fire like many thought. New coach but not much word on any player movement in or out for 2018.

My guess is St Pauls will be dead in 3-5 years time.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby The Informer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:54 am

Think they should have came in with Mawson Lakes when they first started like Lakes spoke to them about but they were too big headed to listen.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:56 am

The Bedge wrote:
adr107 wrote:Anyone heard much from St Pauls in this off-season?

My guess is St Pauls will be dead in 3-5 years time.

Hi Bedgie :-H
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby morell » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:25 pm

The last time we heard from St Pauls was this epic rant, which is just about my favourite post of all time:

FootyMang wrote:Long time observer of the div 7 forum, and I will admit it has been hard in the past to swallow some of the crap that is posted about our club and some of our individuals in the past, but having read what has previously been written about other clubs by certain individuals you learn to put up with it. This did strike me as quite an odd review from you morell having witnessed the same game you played in. However, another thing I have quickly learned from reading these forums, and this is something I think we can all agree on, and that is people tend to hold a biased view towards their own club (myself included). I don’t tend to enjoy reading anyone post generalised comments stereotyping another person’s club, and like you have done morell, attempt to bring the reputation of that club into disrepute. I think every member of any club would agree that at some point one of their own members has done something ‘stupid’. One thing I have noticed from your previous comments is you seem to be very self-centred, and you forget that all the greats that you have a Mitchell Park, and all the hard working servants of your club, that you would (deservedly) hold in the highest regard, we also have at SPOS (in our own members’ opinions). As do every other club on this earth. So when you constantly have a go at these people that are essentially driving the same ship with the same purpose that the great people at MP are trying to do, it really pisses me off.

Do you not think that MP has done any bad before? Do you think it’s ok that when (yes when… it does happen) they deserve to be battered on a public forum by the similar squabble to your own?

Rather than I regurgitate the same crap that you seem to do and preach everything SPOSFC, and how the sun shines out of our arse, I’ll provide our few readers with some of the facts from the game on Saturday. As it’s not fair to those mentioned above that you disregard their positions.

Saturday’s game:
Mitchell Park:
Yellow cards received (one for head butting and one for rough conduct) 2.
50 metre penalties against (separate incidents to the yellow cards) 2.
Down field free kicks against 1.

SPOS:
Yellow cards received 0.
50 metre penalties against (separate occasions to the yellow cards) 0.
Down field free kicks against 0.

In a tightly fought contest, this hardly suggests poor on -field leadership to me.

I would like to state that I along with the others at SPOSFC have loved our previous encounters with MP, and will continue to look forward to them (I think we sit at 3-3 in our short 3-year history). To quote one of our ‘inexperienced leaders’ after our round 1 drubbing at the hands of yours truly “those MP blokes are alright you know, love the rough stuff on the field, heaps of banter, but genuine blokes who love a beer and a chat after the game, that’s good footy”. This is something we like to think about ourselves. I witnessed both games this year from the same position (the sidelines) and on Saturday just gone it was very similar to the one played in round 1; except you dominated us in that game and we just got over the line in this one. It was physical, tough and for the most part played in great spirits. And from what I saw the same respect after the game on Saturday was given as we did in round 1… beers and smiles once the players left the change rooms. Am I assuming you weren’t apart of that?

I can’t just stop there without taking one last offence to another one of your comments “If you get a reputation of being a bunch of wangs, perception or otherwise, then it will affect sponsorship. It will affect recruitment. It will affect how you operate.”

For the record:
2017 players cleared to go to another club:

Mitchell Park – 29
SPOSFC – 6

Please stop taking petty jibes at our club, and like us, worry about your own backyard. If a club does something to you that you don’t like.. cop it on the chin and wait until the next time you face them.. don’t turn into a whiney bitch.

“#TeamDavidGillman” if you know the facts, which I’m sure you do as you’re an Adelaide Footy League know-it-all, probably not the best thing to be advocating for.

As I’m well aware you can’t stand not having the last word, so please feel free to contact us at sposfc@hotmail.com to save everyone else from your distorted opinions. One of our officials would love to have a beer with you, or perhaps a soy latte, to chew the fat off some of the issues you see facing our club.

Thanks to the guys from MP that returned favour and hung around for a beer and a laugh. As morell has previously pointed out we don’t have much in terms of facilities at SPOSFC so we appreciate every dollar at our bar / BBQ. We (our leadership group and officials) will always stay for a drink at an opposing venue if welcomed. Special mention to Knowlsey from our officials for also sticking around – good bloke.

On a footnote – I always gathered you as an ‘older-retired-from-playing-stands-on-the-sidelines-with-a-clipboard-and-club-polo’ type of fella, but to learn that you were the #13 acting like a complete fool (sook) well after the siren, reminding all our players and officials of the 2015 elimination loss at the hands MP just speaks volumes to the type of person you are. Happy to complain about everyone else, but forget you’re straight from flogville yourself. I alluded to the fact before, but I have great respect for the people involved at MP, your players and officials. If you do your homework, I’m sure you’ll hear that our officials were over the moon and shared this with your officials when you won the GF in 2015, as yours was a great story. Unfortunately, you as an individual, we have no time for. #communityfootball
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby old fullback » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:44 pm

The_Informer wrote:Think they should have came in with Mawson Lakes when they first started like Lakes spoke to them about but they were too big headed to listen.

St Pauls were still playing at St Pauls when the decision was made to move to the then vacant Mawson Lakes Oval and so once settled there the St Pauls became the Mawson Lakes, so when Mawson Lakes first started they were actually St Pauls.
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby cossi11 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:54 am

Undercover agent wrote:Cossie signed and sealed at the units

When did this happen :-?
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:11 pm

Any truth to the rumor flying around OSB/Lonsdale are using the funds from their fire fundraiser for their club rooms to buy players? :shock:
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Trader » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Under_Scrutiny wrote:Any truth to the rumor flying around OSB/Lonsdale are using the funds from their fire fundraiser for their club rooms to buy players? :shock:

If a club raises $50k in a fundraiser, and $50k for footy operations, it has $100k.

If it then spends $10k on players, which income stream did that $10k come from?

It's all one bucket.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:09 pm

It didn’t burn their clubrooms down! Didn’t it burn their shed with many of the clubs possessions in it?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby norm11 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Not sure if true but Mitchell park getting 10 on the track ?
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Hasbeen » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Under_Scrutiny wrote:Any truth to the rumor flying around OSB/Lonsdale are using the funds from their fire fundraiser for their club rooms to buy players? :shock:

And I guess they're using money made over the bar and from sponsorship, raffles and subs etc. to replace the items damaged in the fire. If only they marked the money made on the fundraiser with texta or something so we would all know what notes they gave to the players. :roll:
Hasbeen
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby footyfan82 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Have heard that too from afew sources
Apparently they have found abit of money from somewhere??
Convenient?
footyfan82

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby morell » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:19 am

norm11 wrote:Not sure if true but Mitchell park getting 10 on the track ?

So about average then? :lol:
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:24 am

Let's have a crack at the new club before they've even bounced a ball in our league.

Classy.

Oh, and how many usernames do you want now? Choose one and the rest go.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League