Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:17 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:My almost 20yr old 350cc Proline Impreza joined me for 9 holes today

Conditions were a tad windy which did cause my slice to be a little more exaggerated

Tried a few few different set up positions. Standing closer and legs closer together and that resulted a nice fade that i can live with. Then i changed a grip to be weak and it went dead straight....that was on the 9th and i went straight over the bunkers on the left hand corner of the dogleg....

Heading upto Mt Barker-hahndorf on saturday arvo.
Anyone been there lately?? Looks sandy!!!

I was a member of Barker for over 20 years... would you like the CM course guide.. note small fee applies.
Yep....give me all your tips.
Green speeds?
How to avoid hitting the solar panels??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Solar Panels?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:My almost 20yr old 350cc Proline Impreza joined me for 9 holes today

Conditions were a tad windy which did cause my slice to be a little more exaggerated

Tried a few few different set up positions. Standing closer and legs closer together and that resulted a nice fade that i can live with. Then i changed a grip to be weak and it went dead straight....that was on the 9th and i went straight over the bunkers on the left hand corner of the dogleg....

Heading upto Mt Barker-hahndorf on saturday arvo.
Anyone been there lately?? Looks sandy!!!

I was a member of Barker for over 20 years... would you like the CM course guide.. note small fee applies.
Yep....give me all your tips.
Green speeds?
How to avoid hitting the solar panels??

Solar Panels?
On the club house?? Or maybe im thinking stirling...

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:24 pm

Perhaps they've only been installed in the last 12 months. Just don't hit it on the clubhouse roof and you should be ok.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:26 pm

Corona Man wrote:Perhaps they've only been installed in the last 12 months. Just don't hit it on the clubhouse roof and you should be ok.
Clubhouse. Mustve put them in when you headed east..Image

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Anyway onto more pressing matters....the high slope rating both excites me and makes me scared.....

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:31 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Perhaps they've only been installed in the last 12 months. Just don't hit it on the clubhouse roof and you should be ok.
Clubhouse. Mustve put them in when you headed east..Image

Yep they've replaced the roof as well.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:30 pm

CM’s guide to Royal & Ancient Mt Barker.

1st – Tough par 4. Good golf hole, Index 1. You need to “kick a goal” between the big gum trees on each side of the fairway off the tee. Even a good drive will leave you a hybrid or long iron into the green. Par here is good, bogey is ok.

2nd – Straight forward par 3. Anything from 5 iron to wedge depending on the wind. False front on green to the right, be sure to clear the water that you can’t see from the tee.

3rd – Longish uphill dogleg right par 4. Ideal position is left hand side of the fairway, leaving a mid iron into a smallish green.

4th – Nice par 3, played from an elevated tee to a green the runs downhill front to back. Green is 3 clubs deep, so club selection is the key.

5th – Par 5, big hitters can get home in 2. Be careful with the second shot here, anything right will clunk around in the trees. Don’t go long over the green, nothing good back there.

6th – Another Par 5, where a good drive can set you up to have a crack to get on it 2. Water short of the green, means you need to carry the ball onto the large green. OB right.

7th – A sleeper par 4. Fairway bunkers left & right. Green is 3 clubs deep, keep the ball below the hole, or you will have a tough downhiller.

8th – Short dogleg right par 4. If you’re hitting driver well, have a crack. Otherwise a 3 or 4 iron to the middle of the fairway will give you a wedge in. Don’t miss the green left, tough chip from there.

9th – Good par 4. Water right of fairway, and green protected by big old gum tree on the left. 3 wood off tee is a good play leaving mid iron into a large, undulating green.

10th – Short par 4. Another driveable if that club is working for you. If not mid iron to the left hand side of the fairway, will leave wedge to an elevated green. This green recently replaced, the old one was a nightmare!

11th – Another short par 4. Play to left of fairway, with a long iron. This will leave you a wedge into a rock hard ******* green and it will most likely richochet off the back off the ******* **** of a thing….always did for me. Shithouse hole. :Hangman: :Hangman: :Hangman: Make 5 & move along!

12th – Good little par 3, bunkers left & right, a good mid iron will find you on the green. Birdie chance!

13th – Uphill straight forward par 4. Avoid the water on the right, that you can’t see from the tee. Green is guarded by bunker left. Don’t be long OB behind the green

14th – Dogleg left par 4, 3 wood off tee is a good play, as you can run out of fairway with driver. Green protected by an old tree about 70 metres out in middle of fairway, and bunkers right & back. The approach shot from fairway here hardest shot on the course IMO, ball below your feet, and shot required needs a draw shape…. Good luck!

15th – Longish Par 3. Water between green and tee, but well short of the green, don’t duff your tee shot. Sloping green, leave the ball below the hole, otherwise the downhill putt will be quick!

16th – Par 4, index 2, but I don’t really know why. Fairway slopes right to left, but a good drive here will leave only a wedge in. Bunkers left & right of the green, and OB all the way down the right hand side.

17th – Par 4 – nice hole, downhill. 3 Wood from tee is a good play and will leave a short iron into a smallish green, that has subtle breaks.

18th – Par 4 to finish in front of the clubhouse. You can either hit a long iron to the plateau short of the creek, or take on the other side with a 3 wood or Driver. Uphill second shot to a large green protected by 3 bunkers. A duffed shot in the sand will bring many laughs from the lads in the 19th!

Enjoy!

CM
Corona Man
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Now I feel with CMs course management preview it will be like having a caddy with me...sure to shed a few shots off my round...
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:47 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Now I feel with CMs course management preview it will be like having a caddy with me...sure to shed a few shots off my round...

You've still got to hit them MT. I will be interested to hear how you go.

I know the course well, doesn't mean I ever played it any good.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:49 pm

Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Now I feel with CMs course management preview it will be like having a caddy with me...sure to shed a few shots off my round...

You've still got to hit them MT. I will be interested to hear how you go.

I know the course well, doesn't mean I ever played it any good.
True...but atleast with your intel I should play it better than being completely new to it...

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Shame, shame, shame Blackwood Golf Club.
Played there a couple of months ago, in great nick. Had a heap of mates flying in from interstate for Chrissy who wanted a catch up round with the lads & wanted me to organise - no problem. I ring Blackwood on the 25th of October to book for Dec 28th & was told I could have any tee time I wished. Booked 3 x times from 7am & 6 motorised carts for the 12 of us - sweet.
I receive a voicemail on Dec 26th mid morning (I was on the 7th @ Kingston SE). Return the call to be told that there’s a problem, the pro has overbooked the carts & there isn’t enough to go around. “Why are you ringing me, I booked 2 months ago when I could have any tee time” I asked. Long silence - “Unfortunately we can’t offer you carts now. I know it’s our fault & it’s not good enough but the pro has over booked”.
So now, someone else’s apparent f#ck up, is our problem. They’ve obviously got a bigger booking & we’ve been screwed. They offered a reduced fee to walk the course - no. Numerous people flying in, without buggies plus a couple of blokes with injuries that allow them to play but not walk 18 holes. Then had to find somewhere with less than 2 days notice, finally after striking out at 3 places we got on at Stirling.
Poor, poor treatment Blackwood of golfers that had booked well in advance. They’ve now got a shit name not only with those of us who live here, but those who went back to Melb, Syd & Bris.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5486 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby heater31 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:06 am

I would also complain about ypur treatment to the front office....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:12 am

heater31 wrote:I would also complain about ypur treatment to the front office....

It was them who rang me...

Spargo
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:45 am

Spargo wrote:
heater31 wrote:I would also complain about ypur treatment to the front office....

It was them who rang me...

Wow, a golf club who does not want your money, rare nowadays.

Blackwood is a nice track, but its not that good that you don't have alternatives next time your mates are in town.

Blacklist them Spargo!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby toot toot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:00 am

I played Blackwood on the 29th of Dec. They mentioned they only had 6-8 carts and there were people waiting for our cut as we got off the 18th.
toot toot
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:00 am

Id be sharing that on their facebook page...
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:04 am

Spargo wrote:Shame, shame, shame Blackwood Golf Club.
Played there a couple of months ago, in great nick. Had a heap of mates flying in from interstate for Chrissy who wanted a catch up round with the lads & wanted me to organise - no problem. I ring Blackwood on the 25th of October to book for Dec 28th & was told I could have any tee time I wished. Booked 3 x times from 7am & 6 motorised carts for the 12 of us - sweet.
I receive a voicemail on Dec 26th mid morning (I was on the 7th @ Kingston SE). Return the call to be told that there’s a problem, the pro has overbooked the carts & there isn’t enough to go around. “Why are you ringing me, I booked 2 months ago when I could have any tee time” I asked. Long silence - “Unfortunately we can’t offer you carts now. I know it’s our fault & it’s not good enough but the pro has over booked”.
So now, someone else’s apparent f#ck up, is our problem. They’ve obviously got a bigger booking & we’ve been screwed. They offered a reduced fee to walk the course - no. Numerous people flying in, without buggies plus a couple of blokes with injuries that allow them to play but not walk 18 holes. Then had to find somewhere with less than 2 days notice, finally after striking out at 3 places we got on at Stirling.
Poor, poor treatment Blackwood of golfers that had booked well in advance. They’ve now got a shit name not only with those of us who live here, but those who went back to Melb, Syd & Bris.

Gees that is disappointing as we had great experiences there last year.
Does sound like they got a bigger/better offer.
Was it Diane who called you?

Also, did the lads enjoy Stirling?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Spargo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:11 am

MatteeG wrote:

Gees that is disappointing as we had great experiences there last year.
Does sound like they got a bigger/better offer.
Was it Diane who called you?

Also, did the lads enjoy Stirling?

Yep, Diane called me. Extremely apologetic - not her fault but she certainly knew how I felt about the situation.
Stirling was good, always is but we’d all played there numerous times, only a few of us had played Blackwood which is why we booked there.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:18 am

So you're booked in 2 months in advance at 7:00 am and they've over looked your booking to give their mates the carts at about 10 ish.

**** them I'd say.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:30 am

Pretty much.

Spargo
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf