St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby reppoh_eht » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:07 am

footyfan82 wrote:
Under_Scrutiny wrote:Any truth to the rumor flying around OSB/Lonsdale are using the funds from their fire fundraiser for their club rooms to buy players? :shock:

Have heard that too from afew sources
Apparently they have found abit of money from somewhere??
Convenient?

Why did the Club need the fundraising anyway? Would have thought insurance would cover any items lost in the fire (understand that some where 'priceless' so no amount of fundraising could replace them).

Obviously the fundraising is a good thing for the club, how they use it is up to them I guess.
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby lion heart » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:21 am

Just to clear a few things up there was absolutely no insurance on the contents lost in the shed. Should there have been? Absolutely and I believe this was the case up until the past 2/3 years.

I can see why people would jump to conclusions when we sign a big name like Trev that we are not using the funds raised for the intended purpose but I can guarantee you that is not the case. In fact our player budget has decreased by 60-70% on last years budget. The player budget was a major motivating factor in our move to the AdFL as what we were doing was not sustainable and would have killed us this year. People would be shocked if they knew the amounts being spent for little return.

The facts are that whilst affiliated In the SFL we had to overpay guys to join the club. I am sure people can understand that players aren’t falling over themselves to sign up for 25-30 goal thrashing’s. Our 3 highest paid players from last season have already left the club after being offered huge decreases in pay and I suspect some more will follow. On the flip side we have been able to re-sign many former players (most are returning juniors) mostly for nothing or discounted prices.

There is a genuine buzz around the place that has not been there in many years; we’ve even had a handful of guys come out of retirement. It is awesome to see so many new faces at the club and the best thing is they are here for the right reasons....I suspect there is more to follow.
Last edited by lion heart on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:34 am

lion heart wrote:Just to clear a few things up there was absolutely no insurance on the contents lost in the shed. Should there have been? Absolutely and I believe this was the case up until the past 2/3 years.

I can see why people would jump to conclusions when we sign a big name like Trev that we are not using the funds raised for the intended purpose but I can guarantee you that is not the case. In fact our player budget has decreased by 60-70% on last years budget. The player budget was a major motivating factor in our move to the AdFL as what we were doing was not sustainable and would have killed us this year. People would be shocked if they knew the amounts being spent for little return.

The facts are that whilst affiliated In the SFL we had to overpay guys to join the club. I am sure people can understand that players aren’t falling over themselves to sign up for 25-30 goal thrashing’s. Our 3 highest paid players from last season have already left the club after being offered big decreases in pay and I suspect some more will follow. On the flip side we have been able to re-sign many former players (most are returning juniors) mostly for nothing or discounted prices.

There is a genuine buzz around the place that has not been there in many years; we’ve even had a handful of guys come out of retirement. It is awesome to see so many new faces at the club and the best thing is they are here for the right reasons....I suspect there is more to come.

Good luck to you guys this season, well done for clearing it up but it's really no ones business but your club's.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby lion heart » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:40 am

Cheers and yeah I agree but I thought I’d nip in the bud. It’s such an easy conclusion to come to, hell I’d probably have the same suspicions if it was a club other than my own also.
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:43 am

Hopefully we can have a 10 team Div 7 this year. Hate byes. Going to be a good year for the Raiders!!!!
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby lion heart » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:53 am

When are final nominations or when will a draw be released?
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby footyfan82 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:57 am

any clubs back on the track?
numbers looking good or too early to tell?
footyfan82

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby norwood8 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:54 pm

lion heart wrote:Just to clear a few things up there was absolutely no insurance on the contents lost in the shed. Should there have been? Absolutely and I believe this was the case up until the past 2/3 years.

The facts are that whilst affiliated In the SFL we had to overpay guys to join the club. I am sure people can understand that players aren’t falling over themselves to sign up for 25-30 goal thrashing’s. Our 3 highest paid players from last season have already left the club after being offered huge decreases in pay and I suspect some more will follow. On the flip side we have been able to re-sign many former players (most are returning juniors) mostly for nothing or discounted prices.

There is a genuine buzz around the place that has not been there in many years; we’ve even had a handful of guys come out of retirement. It is awesome to see so many new faces at the club and the best thing is they are here for the right reasons....I suspect there is more to follow.

Great to hear, the positivity created from the move has obviously helped to reignite the passion for many involved in the club.

How many are out on the track?
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Really hope OSB/Lonsdale have a cracking year, hope to get out to one of their home games to have a look, I presume they cannot charge to get into the ground in the Ammo's?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Dutchy wrote:Really hope OSB/Lonsdale have a cracking year, hope to get out to one of their home games to have a look, I presume they cannot charge to get into the ground in the Ammo's?

Nope
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby jet-airport » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

The facts are that whilst affiliated In the SFL we had to overpay guys to join the club. I am sure people can understand that players aren’t falling over themselves to sign up for 25-30 goal thrashing’s. Our 3 highest paid players from last season have already left the club after being offered big decreases in pay and I suspect some more will follow. On the flip side we have been able to re-sign many former players (most are returning juniors) mostly for nothing or discounted prices.

There is a genuine buzz around the place that has not been there in many years; we’ve even had a handful of guys come out of retirement. It is awesome to see so many new faces at the club and the best thing is they are here for the right reasons....I suspect there is more to come.

Good luck to you guys this season, well done for clearing it up but it's really no ones business but your club's.

Good luck to the lions in 2018, from the outside looking in during 2017 there was a lady down they're doing some good things, name escapes me,think she is the president or footy operations manager, only spoken on one or two occasions but she and obviously plenty more good people appear to be steering the ship forward, hopefully a bit of success in Ammo's sees the club get back to where it once was, some good club recruits returning will help this.

Lion Heart - Is Lonsdale filling all junior Saturday sides 13,15,17.5 in SFL in 2018?
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby lion heart » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:26 pm

norwood8 wrote:

Great to hear, the positivity created from the move has obviously helped to reignite the passion for many involved in the club.

I haven’t been around but I know they have had 50+ different players on the track so far. We Resume again next week.

I know the senior players sense this could be a great opportunity for some reward after years of struggle. We haven’t played finals since 2007 so that’s a great carrot for the boys. Fair to say it’s been a long time between drinks!
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby lion heart » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:32 pm

jet-airport wrote:
Lion Heart - Is Lonsdale filling all junior Saturday sides 13,15,17.5 in SFL in 2018?

Sunday I believe although u17.5 could end up on a Saturday. Fair to say we face some real challenges in regard to juniors.
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 pm

lion heart wrote:
jet-airport wrote:

Sunday I believe although u17.5 could end up on a Saturday. Fair to say we face some real challenges in regard to juniors.

Unlikely to be a Sunday SFL comp I'd say
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Fevola 25 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:27 pm

lion heart wrote:
norwood8 wrote:

I haven’t been around but I know they have had 50+ different players on the track so far. We Resume again next week.

I know the senior players sense this could be a great opportunity for some reward after years of struggle. We haven’t played finals since 2007 so that’s a great carrot for the boys. Fair to say it’s been a long time between drinks!

Shane Lynch is the Messiah
Fevola 25

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Mallala

Postby Bigshow82 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:26 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Hopefully we can have a 10 team Div 7 this year. Hate byes. Going to be a good year for the Raiders!!!!

You can rule north pines out of div 7. Will only be able to field 1 team this season.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby shoe boy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:19 am

lion heart wrote:
jet-airport wrote:

At this years SFL AGM ,Lonsdale juniors where discussed and only to play in Sunday competition .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby The Informer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:16 am

Bigshow82 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Hopefully we can have a 10 team Div 7 this year. Hate byes. Going to be a good year for the Raiders!!!!

You can rule north pines out of div 7. Will only be able to field 1 team this season.

Well i cant see how they will be affiliated with the comp as they have already used there one team line before.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby footyfan82 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:49 am

shoe boy wrote:
lion heart wrote:
jet-airport wrote:

At this years SFL AGM ,Lonsdale juniors where discussed and only to play in Sunday competition .

Why not just move there juniors to saafl sundays
Has worked for marion, will be pushing 160 juniors this year.
footyfan82

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby adr107 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 am

footyfan82 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
lion heart wrote:
jet-airport wrote:

Why not just move there juniors to saafl sundays
Has worked for marion, will be pushing 160 juniors this year.

SANFL Juniors...
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League