Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:31 am

Footy Smart wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:Some interesting comments/rumours re TTG, i certainly haven't heard them. In fact some of the experienced blokes have indicated the opposite, and no intention of stopping anytime soon.

The sleepyman may need a change of scenery, been doing the job for a long time now and a fresh voice may be needed for the playing group.

TTG have over the past few years given and opportunity to numerous youngsters such as D Holiday, T Oakley, Z Schwarz, M Herrman, B Atkinson , Kyle Brazel. There are few more younger blokes behind them as well who will get a go soon enough such as Zac Worden

Certainly not doom and gloom.

How did it work when Sounda spent Saturday's playing Grade 46 in the PDCA whilst coaching TTG?

wasn't coaching, Ben Cameron was.

Ahh, makes sense.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Hound » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:24 pm

:lol: One young player going around PC cricket certainly getting his fair share of different clubs apparel. Playing for another club in U/17 shield outside of his club with no juniors. That's 2 different clubs, in last years and this years U/17's. Be filthy if I was the kid to miss selection for the club I had spent all my juniors at.
Maybe PC is going the way of 20/20 by allowing clubs to have imports :lol:
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Homer J » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:55 pm

The Hound wrote::lol: One young player going around PC cricket certainly getting his fair share of different clubs apparel. Playing for another club in U/17 shield outside of his club with no juniors. That's 2 different clubs, in last years and this years U/17's. Be filthy if I was the kid to miss selection for the club I had spent all my juniors at.

I Think you'll find it's probably more to do with the level of involvement with his cricket his father demands that finds him continually moving clubs.
The kids can play, but the dad is a nightmare.
Homer J
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 43 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:21 am

The Hound wrote::lol: One young player going around PC cricket certainly getting his fair share of different clubs apparel. Playing for another club in U/17 shield outside of his club with no juniors. That's 2 different clubs, in last years and this years U/17's. Be filthy if I was the kid to miss selection for the club I had spent all my juniors at.

I wonder why Prospect haven't entered any match details on mycricket yet for the tournament?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby ferret » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Don't believe in it. Still using a slate and chalk. A disgrace that they are not forced to at least use a pencil and scrap of paper.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:38 am

ferret wrote:Don't believe in it. Still using a slate and chalk. A disgrace that they are not forced to at least use a pencil and scrap of paper.

Absolutely, a very unprofessional look.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:44 am

41 degrees last Saturday

Grey and drizzling rain today

Back up to 41 degrees by Thursday

That typically volatile Adelaide climate :o
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby wedgetail » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:09 am

In a major blow to the Eagles, Leigh Drennan is heading back to his home state of Qld effective immediately due to work and family commitments.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:32 pm

wedgetail wrote:In a major blow to the Eagles, Leigh Drennan is heading back to his home state of Qld effective immediately due to work and family commitments.

Wow that's a shame. Been a great pick up for them. Hard to top a ton in a premiership
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Aerie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 pm

wedgetail wrote:In a major blow to the Eagles, Leigh Drennan is heading back to his home state of Qld effective immediately due to work and family commitments.

What a great contribution he has made, both on and off the field, in his time at the club. Perhaps unheralded, especially prior to his Hookes medal, but one of the best and most important recruits the club has had in the last 20 years.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Looks like Joe Gatting is up to his old tricks again, umpires were sent out to Pertaringa Oval yesterday to keep an eye on him. Last game he played here two years ago he was suspended for ball tampering, but we let him back in the country to play, Joke!! Send him back to England never to be allowed to return. Sad thing is he will probably be the difference in getting TTG the premiership, considering they probably did not need him anyway to achieve this it will certainly put an asterisk next to the win.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:56 am

Eagles2014 wrote:Looks like Joe Gatting is up to his old tricks again, umpires were sent out to Pertaringa Oval yesterday to keep an eye on him. Last game he played here two years ago he was suspended for ball tampering, but we let him back in the country to play, Joke!! Send him back to England never to be allowed to return. Sad thing is he will probably be the difference in getting TTG the premiership, considering they probably did not need him anyway to achieve this it will certainly put an asterisk next to the win.

Do you honestly believe the dribble you post on here? :roll:

Now talking about something that is fact, Big Benny Atkinson with 7fa for TTG on the weekend. Fantastic reward for a bloke who has worked harder than most - to firstly get fit (when he came down from Mildura he was overweight and couldn't bowl more than 4 overs in a spell). Then to work on his craft, back up good performances in B grade cricket, get an A grade gig, then make an impact at that level is fantastic.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Eagles2017 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Any reason the one day QF’s have been moved back a week to the sunday of the Aus day long weekend?
Eagles2017
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Looks like Joe Gatting is up to his old tricks again, umpires were sent out to Pertaringa Oval yesterday to keep an eye on him. Last game he played here two years ago he was suspended for ball tampering, but we let him back in the country to play, Joke!! Send him back to England never to be allowed to return. Sad thing is he will probably be the difference in getting TTG the premiership, considering they probably did not need him anyway to achieve this it will certainly put an asterisk next to the win.

Now talking about something that is fact, Big Benny Atkinson with 7fa for TTG on the weekend. Fantastic reward for a bloke who has worked harder than most - to firstly get fit (when he came down from Mildura he was overweight and couldn't bowl more than 4 overs in a spell). Then to work on his craft, back up good performances in B grade cricket, get an A grade gig, then make an impact at that level is fantastic.

Sorry Footy Smart, but that is fact and not dribble. I know you have your rosé coloured TTG glasses on, but was told by two different SACA officials this was the case. And remember, when a player has been placed on notice three times in a season and then officially reported in the final game, how dumb is the bloke to keep doing it?? I know Port lodged a complaint just before Xmas as did one other Club. So I stand by the above statement, and every team that plays TTG for rest of season I would encourage them to speak to the umpires to keep a watch on him, as all the umpires are aware of this and been told to keep an eye on him anyway.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:43 pm

Eagles2017 wrote:Any reason the one day QF’s have been moved back a week to the sunday of the Aus day long weekend?

The 20/20 Semi Finals been moved back a week also.

My guess would be they both clashed with the Second X1 game in Perth that week, so many players would not be available to play.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby The Hound » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:51 pm

Thoughts are with the Northern Districts Cricket Club with what will be a tough few weeks. Not the first time they have had to deal with a tragedy.
Last edited by The Hound on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:51 pm

That sounds pretty ominous :(

Thoughts with the affected parties.

I see that Steve Busbridge is back at the club as cricket director. Great appointment, he'll be fantastic. Just the sort of person they need around the club.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:42 am

How come East Torrens aren't using Campbelltown Oval?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:43 am

Bluedemon wrote:How come East Torrens aren't using Campbelltown Oval?

is it coz the construction of the new club rooms there?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:

Sorry Footy Smart, but that is fact and not dribble. I know you have your rosé coloured TTG glasses on, but was told by two different SACA officials this was the case. And remember, when a player has been placed on notice three times in a season and then officially reported in the final game, how dumb is the bloke to keep doing it?? I know Port lodged a complaint just before Xmas as did one other Club. So I stand by the above statement, and every team that plays TTG for rest of season I would encourage them to speak to the umpires to keep a watch on him, as all the umpires are aware of this and been told to keep an eye on him anyway.

TTG has a much better senior players to let that go on than ND. I would suspect that the stigma of a previous indiscretion along with a poor performance/swinging ball may have raised a few clubs suspicions.

I would be very surprised if it happened on Weaver, Evans, Davey's watch, that's not how TTG play. Tough but fair

To state that any success involving TTG and Gatting would have a question mark over it is absurd.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps