ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby helicopterking » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 am

Port Pirie Power wrote:Pooraka 1 and 2 both through to the last 8..... could they meet each other in the final?

Unlikely, will most likely be made to play each other before the final. Probably next round Pooraka 1 v Pooraka 2, Para Hills v Hope Valley.
Speaking of Para Hills v Hope Valley, I heard that Hope Valley copped a fair bit of abuse from certain players from PH when the game was called off due to the pitch condition on Saturday, both during the decision not to play and as the players were leaving the oval.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Harry49 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:48 am

helicopterking wrote:
Port Pirie Power wrote:Pooraka 1 and 2 both through to the last 8..... could they meet each other in the final?

Unlikely, will most likely be made to play each other before the final. Probably next round Pooraka 1 v Pooraka 2, Para Hills v Hope Valley.
Speaking of Para Hills v Hope Valley, I heard that Hope Valley copped a fair bit of abuse from certain players from PH when the game was called off due to the pitch condition on Saturday, both during the decision not to play and as the players were leaving the oval.

Sure there were a few comments dished out and also a few of their blokes said some things. Nothing out of the ordinary. I for one don't partake in that side of things, I had a good chat with a couple of the HV boys during the delay whilst waiting for the umpires to make a decision.

At the end of the day the pitch was playable and the umpires made the wrong call. ATCA reps inspected the wicket and were quite surprised it was abandoned which made the umpires change their original report. Sykesy never wanted to play and eventually the umpire caved in and called it off.
Unusual to have a pitch with covers not get underway when the bottom oval was uncovered still managed to play 80 overs.

I was more disappointed with the fact they walked off without shaking hands apart from one bloke
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:57 am

Oh well, on the upside at least it kept Para Hills fresh for the association game the next day :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Harry49 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:20 am

The Bedge wrote:Oh well, on the upside at least it kept Para Hills fresh for the association game the next day :P

It helped a few of our blokes :lol:

ASCA did say that was their very best side. If ATCA had the luxury of everyone being available and picking the best side, it would have been a different story. At the same time, we had a good enough team on the park to win that game. We dropped Kilderry 2 or 3 times, catch one of them and it could have been a different story.
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Trader » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:31 am

Trader wrote:Round of 16 tonight in the T20s, here's my guess. Hopefully I can get more than 12.

Div 1
PAOC   v   Para Hills
Marion   v   Goodwood
Old Scotch   v   SHOC
SPOC   v   Fulham
Flinders Park   v   Port Districts
Modbury   v   Pooraka (2)
Pooraka (1)   v   Ingle Farm
Hectorville   v   Hope Valley

Div 2
Golden Grove   v   Payneham
Concordia OC   v   Kilburn
Pulteney OS   v   Unley
Goodwood   v   ICCSA
Mawson Lakes   v   Pembroke OS
Grange   v   Reynella
Walkerville   v   Old Ignatians
Gepps Cross   v   Brahma Lodge

Div 3
Flinders University (1)   v   Flinders University (2)
Rostrevor Old Collegians   v   MSCC (1)
Para Hills (3)   v   Old Ignatians
Marion (2)   v   PAOC (4)
Glenunga   v   MSCC (2)
Adelaide University (1)   v   SHOC (2)
Kilburn (2)   v   PAOC (3)
Adelaide University (2)   v   Athelstone

14/24
Last edited by Trader on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Harry49 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Sure there were a few comments dished out and also a few of their blokes said some things. Nothing out of the ordinary. I for one don't partake in that side of things, I had a good chat with a couple of the HV boys during the delay whilst waiting for the umpires to make a decision.

At the end of the day the pitch was playable and the umpires made the wrong call. ATCA reps inspected the wicket and were quite surprised it was abandoned which made the umpires change their original report. Sykesy never wanted to play and eventually the umpire caved in and called it off.
Unusual to have a pitch with covers not get underway when the bottom oval was uncovered still managed to play 80 overs.

I was more disappointed with the fact they walked off without shaking hands apart from one bloke

As my post above stated goodwood had a centre wicket on their deck, straight after the umps called it.
HV involved in another draw. The game v pooraka drawn after no play on the second Saturday.
Unlucky or,?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:22 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Harry49 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

As my post above stated goodwood had a centre wicket on their deck, straight after the umps called it.
HV involved in another draw. The game v pooraka drawn after no play on the second Saturday.
Unlucky or,?

I'll go with unlucky.....
Goodwood sitting bottom with no wins and had 266 on the board. You would have thought they would have fancied their chances to get a win and done everything to get started.
Para Hills at home had already beaten Hope Valley on first innings and would have been chasing an outright, so I would expect they would have been keen to start and Hope Valley keen to go to the pub. Sounds like Hope Valley got their wish.
Pooraka at home with 355 on the board against Port Districts. The Dizzies would have been doing rain dances all morning - they are obviously better dancers than cricketers.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:26 pm

I thought he was referring to Hope Valley pulling a draw against Pooraka and Para Hills over the season, instead of two likely losses?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:11 pm

The Bedge wrote:I thought he was referring to Hope Valley pulling a draw against Pooraka and Para Hills over the season, instead of two likely losses?

Hope Valley got 5 points, they wouldn't normally have got, by pulling a draw against Pooraka. Against Para Hills they were beaten on day 1, so they got nothing from having the game called off. Just denied Para Hills the opportunity to get an outright
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Trader » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I thought he was referring to Hope Valley pulling a draw against Pooraka and Para Hills over the season, instead of two likely losses?

Hope Valley got 5 points, they wouldn't normally have got, by pulling a draw against Pooraka. Against Para Hills they were beaten on day 1, so they got nothing from having the game called off. Just denied Para Hills the opportunity to get an outright

And in reality, they've got even less than that when you consider they don't get any bonus points for runs and wickets.

Even if they played Pooraka and only took say 5 wickets and got rolled for 100, that's still 3 points they would have got.
Grange (5.34) and Port Districts (5.28) both played and lost that round, and still got more points than Hope Valley.

I can sort of understand them not wanting to play Pooraka, but to fail to take to the field against Para Hills having already lost, was just plain stupid. They cost themselves points and didn't get to play cricket.

If you don't want to play cricket, don't enter a team. All you are doing is preventing your opposition from playing who clearly want to.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:26 pm

Can Pooraka get out of jail against Rostrevor?

8/73 chasing 142
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 243 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:31 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Can Pooraka get out of jail against Rostrevor?

8/73 chasing 142

Forecast 42, so I'd say yes.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:38 pm

helicopterking wrote:

8/73 chasing 142

Forecast 42, so I'd say yes.

I think the weather will bail a few sides out this week.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Computer Crashed » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:03 am

8/73 chasing 142

They will win outright.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:56 am

Computer Crashed wrote:

8/73 chasing 142

They will win outright.

Not at 42 degrees they wont.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Trader » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:08 am

tigerpie wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

8/73 chasing 142

They will win outright.

Friday's forecast has been revised down from 40 to 38.
If Saturday's drops 1 degree, we will play, but still no second innings.

Will be a test of the bylaws.
60-odd runs required, or 2 wickets.
Could see 24 blokes rocking up to a game only for a couple of quick wickets and everyone being sent home by 1:15!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:52 am

Trader wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

8/73 chasing 142

They will win outright.

Friday's forecast has been revised down from 40 to 38.
If Saturday's drops 1 degree, we will play, but still no second innings.

Will be a test of the bylaws.
60-odd runs required, or 2 wickets.
Could see 24 blokes rocking up to a game only for a couple of quick wickets and everyone being sent home by 1:15!

Two of those 24 blokes will be very happy with that scenario. $135 for 15 minutes work. Not a bad hourly rate.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:27 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Two of those 24 blokes will be very happy with that scenario. $135 for 15 minutes work. Not a bad hourly rate.

$135 each?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Two of those 24 blokes will be very happy with that scenario. $135 for 15 minutes work. Not a bad hourly rate.

$135 each?

Yes
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:02 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

$135 each?

Yes

Pretty good going there. I had checked their amounts on their web page and wondered if that was each, would be handy doing some lower grade games alone.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps