Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Spargo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Getting an invite to play at Kooyonga next weekend

Best course in SA, enjoy.

You reckon? i have been fortunate to play there a number of times via a couple of people I know, but have never played Glenelg, Grange East or Royal Adelaide, always believed RA would be another step above Koey
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Spargo wrote:

You reckon? i have been fortunate to play there a number of times via a couple of people I know, but have never played Glenelg, Grange East or Royal Adelaide, always believed RA would be another step above Koey

RA is good don't get me/us wrong. But Kooey is the better test of golf IMO. RA is relatively wide open, and so long as you can hit it straightish for the first 100 meters off the tee (through the line of trees each side) it opens up. At Kooey, anything off fairway, is pretty much punished. Have fun!

Glenelg & Grange also great tracks..... but Kooey is #1 for me.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby heater31 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:41 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Spargo wrote:

RA gets downgraded for me as they dont have any tee box information on the tee....like distance and a basic map of the hole. Nightmare if you never played it before in an open day with the rest of your group noobs as well.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Ok. Wasnt aware of that. Fingers crossed something comes out of this.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There's enough evidence of disturbed soil to re-investigate, the site used to be owned by the suspect and is only a few hundred metres from the suspects former abode.

Was on AA yesterday afternoon. Apparently evidence suggests that the soil has been disturbed, 6ft in diameter by 3m deep (IIRC).
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:45 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Ok. Wasnt aware of that. Fingers crossed something comes out of this.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There's enough evidence of disturbed soil to re-investigate, the site used to be owned by the suspect and is only a few hundred metres from the suspects former abode.

Was on AA yesterday afternoon. Apparently evidence suggests that the soil has been disturbed, 6ft in diameter by 3m deep (IIRC).

With dodgy old manufacturing processes of old there could be all manner of waste / pollutants down there, or, 3 innocent lives cut short.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:48 pm

Confliction.

I desperately want it to be the former, but on the other hand I want it to be the latter, just for closure for this poor family who have endured half a century of pain and suffering.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:49 pm

valleys07 wrote:Confliction.

I desperately want it to be the former, but on the other hand I want it to be the latter, just for closure for this poor family who have endured half a century of pain and suffering.

Agreed. We know they're no longer with us, that's something I'm sure all those close to them have accepted long ago, would they like to or need to know who/what/how? I'm not sure they ( or we ) do.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:51 pm

Wedgie wrote:Yesterdays paper:

APPLE could cancel its new iPhone X smartphone as soon as winter, according to one top analyst.

The company is supposedly struggling to justify iPhone X production because of poor sales — and may scrap the phone later this year, reports The Sun.

Renowned analyst and Apple expert Ming-Chi Kuo has warned that Apple’s latest iPhone will be in its “end of life” stage in the winter of 2018.

In a note to investors — as seen by AppleInsider — Kuo explains that the iPhone X hasn’t met Apple’s sales predictions, and will be binned shortly.

It would be the first time that Apple has killed off an iPhone from the previous year since the iPhone 5C.

Apple typically keeps older models in stock, to give customers a wider range of choice. For instance, you can still buy the iPhone 6S from the Apple Store, despite it having launched way back in 2015.

But Kuo says that the iPhone X won’t be kept on as a “lower-cost option” for 2019.

Instead, he says that the phone’s features will “migrate” to other models, including the rumour iPhone X Plus.

These features could include the iPhone X’s Face ID facial recognition system, or the large OLED display.

The top analyst expects three new iPhone models to launch in 2018, all of which could benefit from iPhone X tech.

Kuo believes that a big reason why the iPhone X may be struggling is due to demand in China.

Apparently, Chinese customers are disappointed by the amount of usable space on the phone’s display.

It’s all thanks to the infamous “notch” — a small chunk of plastic that sticks out from the top of the screen, designed to house the camera and other sensors.

This gives the iPhone X an oddly shaped screen, and has sparked widespread complaints about the phone.

The iphone X was always going to be a phone that ushered in a new design - so it doesnt surprise me at all that they launch new phones next year

The "notch" debate is weird - its actually MORE screen than you would get on other phones, not less. other phones just have a larger bezel at the top. its basically a permanent notification area which is fine.

Corona Man wrote:I guess that depends on who you talk to. I've heard the 10 (x) was crap!

you've heard or you have tried it out for yourself?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Just what one of the guys at work told me. No I haven't tried it out.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:14 pm

I find it to be the perfect sized phone. I used to have an iphone 6 plus and although i got used to it, it was slightly too big. The iphone X is a bit narrower so fits into your hand perfectly.

It did annoy me that a lot of the apps needed to be updated to fix the new screen size but that has largely happened now

The faceID is awesome - you just lift your phone up and swipe up to unlock and it has already authenticated it for you. It kind of feels like your phone is unlocked all the time. Works even with sunglasses and a hat on. doesnt work that well if your phone is on a desk though which is where the fingerprint scanners worked a bit better (well the phones that have them on the front that is)

The camera is sensational too - the portrait mode works way better than expected. But the iphone 8 has the same camera and ive heard great things about the samsung and google cameras too so i dont think thats a big selling point.

the big drawback is the price - as i said i wouldnt have bought one if i couldnt salary sacrifice it as it is bloody expensive in my opinion. but in terms of an actual phone i really like it.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:17 pm

bennymacca wrote:I find it to be the perfect sized phone. I used to have an iphone 6 plus and although i got used to it, it was slightly too big. The iphone X is a bit narrower so fits into your hand perfectly.

It did annoy me that a lot of the apps needed to be updated to fix the new screen size but that has largely happened now

The faceID is awesome - you just lift your phone up and swipe up to unlock and it has already authenticated it for you. It kind of feels like your phone is unlocked all the time. Works even with sunglasses and a hat on. doesnt work that well if your phone is on a desk though which is where the fingerprint scanners worked a bit better (well the phones that have them on the front that is)

The camera is sensational too - the portrait mode works way better than expected. But the iphone 8 has the same camera and ive heard great things about the samsung and google cameras too so i dont think thats a big selling point.

the big drawback is the price - as i said i wouldnt have bought one if i couldnt salary sacrifice it as it is bloody expensive in my opinion. but in terms of an actual phone i really like it.

I haven't even opened the box yet, but we have been given I Phone 8's. I still have a I phone 6. Price was not my problem, work supplied. I get the feeling we got a deal from Telstra to take the old I phone 8's which fine by me.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:20 pm

you will notice a massive difference in terms of speed with the newer phones. that was the biggest surprise for me

if you already like older iphones and were getting the iphone X for free you would have loved it too
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:22 pm

bennymacca wrote:you will notice a massive difference in terms of speed with the newer phones. that was the biggest surprise for me

if you already like older iphones and were getting the iphone X for free you would have loved it too

There's some speed inside the box?

Just kidding.... I will have another go at backing my old phone up over the weekend. If all else fails I will just key in the phone numbers I use a lot, good opportunity to kill a few out of the list as well. Either way I have to re-install apps..... is that correct?
Corona Man
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:25 pm

Didn't help that they slowed the other iphone models down when they released the X
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Corona Man wrote:
bennymacca wrote:you will notice a massive difference in terms of speed with the newer phones. that was the biggest surprise for me

Just kidding.... I will have another go at backing my old phone up over the weekend. If all else fails I will just key in the phone numbers I use a lot, good opportunity to kill a few out of the list as well. Either way I have to re-install apps..... is that correct?

Telco's purposely make older phones slower as the batteries can't handle the new technology.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:26 pm

MW wrote:Didn't help that they slowed the other iphone models down when they released the X

Snap LOL
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:09 pm

Corona Man wrote:

if you back up to itunes, and then restore that backup to the new phone, everything should copy across including the apps.

Lightning McQueen wrote:MW wrote:
Didn't help that they slowed the other iphone models down when they released the X

Snap LOL

yep thats pretty ******* dodgy
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:14 pm

I need a new I tunes account first.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:30 pm

The partner getting me a signed bar mat from Mark Taylor, Michael Slater and Ian Healy who ate at the Sevenhill Hotel!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:36 pm

whufc wrote:The partner getting me a signed bar mat from Mark Taylor, Michael Slater and Ian Healy who ate at the Sevenhill Hotel!!

Can you see the distain in Healy's signature?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion