Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:26 am

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Never said we shouldn't be concerned.
My main belief is it shouldn't be overplayed - like it currently is.

I think the concerns at the moment are indeed being overplayed, not to the extent that the opposition to the concerns are suggesting it is though.

One could argue the concerns are self fulfilling, create enough negativity towards a group and that group has more reason to fight against the majority.

Non-profit organisations, like http://yay.org.au/, do a wonderful job of mitigating factors that lead to youth delinquency. Creating negative stereotypes undermines their good work and lead to situations like this one: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -on-family
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:58 pm

What could possibly go wrong with a Nazi vigilante group?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/thenewd ... ourne/amp/
Q.
Coach

Postby cracka » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:35 am

Q. wrote:What could possibly go wrong with a Nazi vigilante group?

Thats old news & I condemn them as equally as I condemn the Apex & M2S gangs
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Q. » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:20 pm

cracka wrote:
Q. wrote:What could possibly go wrong with a Nazi vigilante group?

Thats old news & I condemn them as equally as I condemn the Apex & M2S gangs

Exactly. Yet our mainstream media (i'm looking at you Channel 7) feels the need give one a platform.

There's no place for their rhetoric or hatred in mainstream society.
Q.
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:52 pm

Policy investigation and internal memos just released about how the Abbott Government wanted to cut out people under 30 from being able to access income support. Including options to straight up refuse any and all support.

Extraordinary the lengths conservatives will go to in order to ensure their social status.

I've said it countless times... if I was a youth growing up in Australia I'd be marching in the streets such is the generational lock out going on.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby shoe boy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:27 am

No surprise how low this coalition are prepared to go .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:55 am

shoe boy wrote:No surprise how low this coalition are prepared to go .

To be fair, it was that coalition under Abbott and Hockey that wanted to chainsaw its way through the federal budget, and not its current incarnation.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:06 am

Magellan wrote:

To be fair, it was that coalition under Abbott and Hockey that wanted to chainsaw its way through the federal budget, and not its current incarnation.

And, didn't Abbott kybosh the proposals?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby shoe boy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:24 am

Magellan wrote:

Morrison , Andrews , Corman , Abbott will I go on !!

All still making calls in the coalition of a circus to be fair .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Q. » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 am

As low as Sco Mo intervening in ASIO security checks to prevent asylum seekers being granted permanent protection visas?
Q.
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:01 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Magellan wrote:

And, didn't Abbott kybosh the proposals?
Andrews, I believe.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Barnaby "sanctity of marriage" Joyce knocks up a junior staffer and his buddy Mal creates her a $200K p.a. job and nobody bats an eyelid.
Q.
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Q. wrote:Barnaby "sanctity of marriage" Joyce knocks up a junior staffer and his buddy Mal creates her a $200K p.a. job and nobody bats an eyelid.

His speech in Parliament last year about marriage being between a man and woman for the purposes of procreating really makes him look completely daft now.

I agree with Nikki Savva's views on Insiders this morning that his career's pretty much rooted - a catholic man with conservative values representing conservative voters with a knocked-up girlfriend on one hand and a pissed off wife and kids on the other is pretty much unsustainable. Especially if some travel rort stuff comes to light.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Q. » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Magellan wrote:
Q. wrote:Barnaby "sanctity of marriage" Joyce knocks up a junior staffer and his buddy Mal creates her a $200K p.a. job and nobody bats an eyelid.

I agree with Nikki Savva's views on Insiders this morning that his career's pretty much rooted - a catholic man with conservative values representing conservative voters with a knocked-up girlfriend on one hand and a pissed off wife and kids on the other is pretty much unsustainable. Especially if some travel rort stuff comes to light.
Dastyari, Joyce, Canavan et al... we're overdue a fed ICAC
Q.
Coach

Postby tipper » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:59 am

Magellan wrote:

His speech in Parliament last year about marriage being between a man and woman for the purposes of procreating really makes him look completely daft now.

apparently it had been an open secret in federal parliament for quite a while, im amazed no one "leaked" it during barnaby's recent by-election. a case of leaving it alone for fear of just as much dirt on the labor side of the fence?

personally i hope he is stuffed. get that kiwi out of our parliament ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:39 am

tipper wrote:
Magellan wrote:

apparently it had been an open secret in federal parliament for quite a while, im amazed no one "leaked" it during barnaby's recent by-election. a case of leaving it alone for fear of just as much dirt on the labor side of the fence?

The hypocrite has to go & so does Turnbull if he had anything to do with getting the girl a new job. Sick of these pollies thinking they're above everyone else.
The biggest question is what sort of woman would actually root him.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Q. » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:41 am

tipper wrote:
Magellan wrote:

His daughters took to the streets shouting the news from a megaphone
Q.
Coach

Postby tipper » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:49 am

Q. wrote:His daughters took to the streets shouting the news from a megaphone

wow. so it was the media leaving it alone then? that is honestly surprising. they usually love a "bad news" story...

on that note, i do always find it amusing how both sides claim bias in the media against them. guess this is a prime example of the media being firmly in the liberals camp, on this story at least.

cracka wrote:The hypocrite has to go & so does Turnbull if he had anything to do with getting the girl a new job. Sick of these pollies thinking they're above everyone else.
The biggest question is what sort of woman would actually root him.

i dont reckon you could get a better case of nepotism if you tried. as to your last line, i guess some people are just attracted to power.

i find it interesting the different views australia has in general on something like this. a US president did something inappropriate with a secretary and they called for his head. our deputy pm knocks up his secretary and its looked at as "personal" and no one elses business....
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:25 pm

Magellan wrote:

Shorten and Burke are very quiet
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:02 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Shorten and Burke are very quiet

I'd say standing back and watching the destruction is a good play to pull from the play book, unless you're insinuating they too have something to hide.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics