I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Corona Man » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Cheers fella's, just rang Mike Turtur's and they said to take it in, the bike is less than a year old and hasn't been stacked, hopefully he does it for zilch.

Greg is the man there..... unless you bought the bike from him, I don't like your chances. He is Mick's brother!

I did buy it from him, he knew what I was on about and said to just take it in and he'll fix it, if there's no sign of damage they'll cover it, $20 tops otherwise he said.

It does get treated very well.

Good news, they will look after you in that case then!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:52 pm

Why can't people just give their children proper names, why must people make up words with x's replacing ck's and f's replacing ph's and spelling that just isn't right?

Feel for these kids, they'll be at a party or job interview in 20 years and someone will ask them their name and their answer will make no sense to the person asking the question.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:59 pm

Booney wrote:Why can't people just give their children proper names, why must people make up words with x's replacing ck's and f's replacing ph's and spelling that just isn't right?

Feel for these kids, they'll be at a party or job interview in 20 years and someone will ask them their name and their answer will make no sense to the person asking the question.

No worries Daevyd
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:01 pm

Booney wrote:Why can't people just give their children proper names, why must people make up words with x's replacing ck's and f's replacing ph's and spelling that just isn't right?

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Google or You tube the Michael McIntyre piece on this subject - very funny.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:07 pm

Corona Man wrote:Google or You tube the Michael McIntyre piece on this subject - very funny.

Haven't seen him do a bit and not enjoyed it, I will, thank you.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:09 pm

IMHO, some people believe that they only way their kids can be truly special and unique in the modern world is to give them a name that no-one else in their right mind would give them. Its also a resignation from the parents' point of view that their kids will grow up to be so average that they need a name to stand out from the crowd, as opposed to standing out by doing something well and being someone worthwhile.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:11 pm

Magellan wrote:

IMHO, some people believe that they only way their kids can be truly special and unique in the modern world is to give them a name that no-one else in their right mind would give them. Its also a resignation from the parents' point of view that their kids will grow up to be so average that they need a name to stand out from the crowd, as opposed to standing out by doing something well and being someone worthwhile.

That and the parents are retarded!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:26 pm

Magellan wrote:

My son used to throw tantrums because the shops didn't have his name on their personailsed cups, pens etc.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:13 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:

My son used to throw tantrums because the shops didn't have his name on their personailsed cups, pens etc.

People dont think...when you're 60- years old, Shaniqua/Apple/Moon Unit doesn't really suit anyone. But it sounded cute at the time! :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:14 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

People dont think...when you're 60- years old, Shaniqua/Apple/Moon Unit doesn't really suit anyone. But it sounded cute at the time! :roll:

Moon Unit, Frank Zappa took the cake there, disgusting human being.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Moon Unit, Frank Zappa took the cake there, disgusting human being.

Zappa's crimes are strictly limited to poor choices in naming his four children, and nothing more.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:25 pm

I like how George Foreman named all his 5 boys George and a daughter Georgetta, itd be pretty hard to forget their names.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:26 pm

Magellan wrote:Zappa's crimes are strictly limited to poor choices in naming his four children, and nothing more.

The dude dropped a crap on stage and then ate it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:27 pm

Wedgie wrote:I like how George Foreman named all his 5 boys George and a daughter Georgetta, itd be pretty hard to forget their names.

I bet they copped a grilling.

Should be George Fiveman.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I like how George Foreman named all his 5 boys George and a daughter Georgetta, itd be pretty hard to forget their names.

Pretty sure George Snr can't count past 2 these days anyway
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:31 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:Zappa's crimes are strictly limited to poor choices in naming his four children, and nothing more.

Rock and roll mythology.

Frank Zappa wrote:For the record, folks; I never took a shit on stage and the closest I ever came to eating shit anywhere was at a Holiday Inn buffet in Fayetteville, North Carolina, in 1973.

By the way, watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:31 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Pretty sure George Snr can't count past 2 these days anyway

Watching him on tv atm, hes doing ok.
Im amazed how well William Shatner is doing in his mid 80s.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:38 pm

Magellan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Rock and roll mythology.

Frank Zappa wrote:For the record, folks; I never took a shit on stage and the closest I ever came to eating shit anywhere was at a Holiday Inn buffet in Fayetteville, North Carolina, in 1973.

A pretty full on "myth", I've denied a few things in my time due to being off my face when it allegedly occurred.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Rock and roll mythology.

A pretty full on "myth", I've denied a few things in my time due to being off my face when it allegedly occurred.

Fair point.

However, Zappa notably didn't drink or take drugs, and only drank coffee and smoked cigarettes.
Magellan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion