The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:42 pm

I'm here at my negatively geared beach house and I'm not going anywhere. They aren't different
Attachments
Carrickalinga.jpg
Carrickalinga.jpg (93.84 KiB) Viewed 531 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby morell » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Life's pretty good, eh Jimmy?
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:59 pm

morell wrote:Life's pretty good, eh Jimmy?

The rewards of hard work
But, alas, back home to Sydney on Tuesday Morell
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:16 pm

**** that shithole. Live in Adelaide, it's awesome.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:43 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
morell wrote:Life's pretty good, eh Jimmy?

The rewards of hard work
But, alas, back home to Sydney on Tuesday Morell

Meritocracy is a myth
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:48 am

X has stated he'll open up a Royal Commission into SA Health if he gets elected.

Good one, Nick, let's spend millions over years to find out what we already know, it's ******! Just make some policy that fixes it, make some changes at senior level that administer change, positive change, through all levels of health care. Do not waste money on a report....a big, long expensive report that just makes your lawyer mates richer.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Psyber » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:59 am

Booney wrote:X has stated he'll open up a Royal Commission into SA Health if he gets elected.

Good one, Nick, let's spend millions over years to find out what we already know, it's ******! Just make some policy that fixes it, make some changes at senior level that administer change, positive change, through all levels of health care. Do not waste money on a report....a big, long expensive report that just makes your lawyer mates richer.

More to expose the extent of the inadequacies that have been covered up for years despite regular representation from the AMA, and various medical colleges, and the affected public. It was frustration with that sort of stuff that prompted me to walk out of my Team Director role in an SA public hospital for private practice in the late 1970s.

Based on my recent locum work in public hospitals in various states it has only gotten worse, and only the cover up services have expanded.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:20 pm

SA - the Royal Commission State.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Psyber wrote:
Booney wrote:X has stated he'll open up a Royal Commission into SA Health if he gets elected.

More to expose the extent of the inadequacies that have been covered up for years despite regular representation from the AMA, and various medical colleges, and the affected public. It was frustration with that sort of stuff that prompted me to walk out of my Team Director role in an SA public hospital for private practice in the late 1970s.

Based on my recent locum work in public hospitals in various states it has only gotten worse, and only the cover up services have expanded.

I appreciate the reasoning behind it, however, I'd rather see him developing policy that would create change as opposed to making statements that would result with the state spending millions of dollars across several years to find out what we already know, there's serious misgivings.

He's gone with the headline ( surprise, surprise ) grabbing line when I'd much rather know who his health minister would be, if elected, and what is their skill set going to bring to the portfolio.

It's much easier though to make sensational claims that people "think" will fix the problem than outline policy that will fix the problem.

Penberthy's article in this mornings paper is spot on.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Just tuning into the leaders debate.

Steven Marshall is horrible.
Nick X isnt interested in winning
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Weatherill just slouching back in his chair and not really keen on being there.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:59 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Weatherill just slouching back in his chair and not really keen on being there.

I’m with Weatherill this time
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:00 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Just tuning into the leaders debate.

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Weatherill just slouching back in his chair and not really keen on being there.

Sounds like Steve Bradbury might come from nowhere and become out next premier!!
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Had a quick chat with him this morning while we were both waiting for our coffee, seemed relaxed enough, although he wasn't too interested in what his PA was rabbiting on about.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:09 pm

Magellan wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Just tuning into the leaders debate.

Sounds like Steve Bradbury might come from nowhere and become out next premier!!

If someone said "Here's $10,000 of my money, you can bet it on the SA election and keep the winnings" I'd have it on Jay. Remarkable given their record in recent times, but I've just got a feeling in my waters.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:13 pm

Booney wrote:
Psyber wrote:

I appreciate the reasoning behind it, however, I'd rather see him developing policy that would create change as opposed to making statements that would result with the state spending millions of dollars across several years to find out what we already know, there's serious misgivings.

He's gone with the headline ( surprise, surprise ) grabbing line when I'd much rather know who his health minister would be, if elected, and what is their skill set going to bring to the portfolio.

It's much easier though to make sensational claims that people "think" will fix the problem than outline policy that will fix the problem.

Penberthy's article in this mornings paper is spot on.

What are royal commissions for then? Surely it is about finding the root causes and having more information to make better policy?

I don’t know enough about the health system to know whether one is required but you have basically argued that any royal commission is a waste of time.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:16 pm

Royal Commissions take time, considerable time and the more complex the issue the longer it takes.So, we can hold a Royal Commission and wait 3,4 or 5 years for the results and then take 2 or 3 years to implement them or we can make changes now to improve the system.

I'm not saying I know what those changes should be, it's not my job, what I'm saying is I don't think we should wait up to 5 years to start implementing change in a critical portfolio such as health.

Do you recall the Royal Commission into the Hindmarsh Island Bridge ( Secret Women's Business )?

It took 6 months for a former judge to decide the whole Secret Womens Business was fabricated, 6 months, how long do you think something looking into our health system would take and what will happen in the meantime?

It's not just the potential of a Royal Commission that is my concern, hold one if they wish, my main concern is it's Xenophon making in roads with political headlines that will win him more votes and potentially create the most toothless government this country, not just this state, has ever seen. More than ever I think we need some leadership in this state to guide us through the next 3-5 years and if it ends up a 3 party parliament with nobody running the show we, SA, will be in dire straights. ( Hi, morrell ).
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:36 pm

That feeling Booney is bang on...they will retain mainly cause a lack of decent opposition. Marshall is a basket case and X doesn't want it.
If Liberals had the balls to change leaders 6 months ago, they might be a chance.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2599 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:54 pm

MW wrote:That feeling Booney is bang on...they will retain mainly cause a lack of decent opposition. Marshall is a basket case and X doesn't want it.
If Liberals had the balls to change leaders 6 months ago, they might be a chance.

To who MW?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:10 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
MW wrote:That feeling Booney is bang on...they will retain mainly cause a lack of decent opposition. Marshall is a basket case and X doesn't want it.

To who MW?

To someone who isn't an invertebrate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics