I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby am Bays » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:22 am

Corona Man wrote:
MW wrote:I've never understood the purpose of a jock strap that regular underwear can't do...

Not that I have ever wore one, but I think its to keep the meat & two veg nice and secure....

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby The Ash Man » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:30 am

bennymacca wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:A good affordable internet provider?

i can recommend Aussie Broadband, they have been very good

https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/residential/

Plus 1 for Aussie
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:35 am

MW wrote:I've never understood the purpose of a jock strap that regular underwear can't do...

I have a crack* at wearing one when playing footy years ago, hated wearing the classic jock style and the boy leg boxer wasn't ideal in 90's style footy shorts so I went the jock strap and bike shorts, was ok but ended up back with jocks in the end.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:17 am

Unless you’ve got a big one you wouldn’t understand ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:32 am

amber_fluid wrote:

Wouldn't a big one be a waste of time? Would think you'd need a tight fitting one.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Wouldn't a big one be a waste of time? Would think you'd need a tight fitting one.

That’s what I tell the missus...................
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:18 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Is there anywhere in Adelaide that a bloke can buy a JOCKSTRAP?

None of the department stores has 'em, not even Rebel Sports.

You'll probably need to go somewhere like IDM sports, near Le Cornu

http://shop.idmsports.com.au/index.php?id_category=58&controller=category

Cheers FC. I find it ironic that the best advice on the matter of jockstraps comes from somebody who presumably has no need of one ;)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:02 pm

Another internet question. Sorry.

One of the plans I am looking at with Aussie broadband. It says it’s typical evening speed is 22mps on a typical evening. Is that good or standard
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:24 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Another internet question. Sorry.

One of the plans I am looking at with Aussie broadband. It says it’s typical evening speed is 22mps on a typical evening. Is that good or standard

Basically that’s a consequence of the ACCC getting stuck into the big players (Optus I think) for selling people 100mb plans that could never ever reach that level.

All internet experiences a slowdown in peak times. The pipe from your house to the ISP is basically your max speed, but then that traffic gets bundled with everyone else’s when it gets sent out into the wider world. The size of this pipe isn’t a pure multiple of the customers an ISP has as that isn’t cost effective for them.

So there is a thing called a contention ratio where they sign up a certain amount of people per bandwidth they have.

If you go with someone like dodo who offer extremely cheap unlimited plans you will get very slow internet during peak times.

Dropping from 25 max to 22 is very good in my opinion. Personally I have a 50 max connection and get 47 or so off peak, drops to maybe 35 at the lowest in peak times. (They quote 42 as the slowdown speed)

My personal opinion is that you shouldn’t go for an unlimited option unless you really really think you need it. And most people don’t. I stream full HD Netflix as well as game and download a lot and I go through 300-400 gig. Maybe if you had a whole family live on YouTube full time you could go more but I doubt it. In general the capped plans from isps will have better contention ratios than the unlimited ones.

In my opinion the best way to go is stay away from Telstra and Optus and pick one of the other bigger ones. Internode used to be excellent but is owned by tpg now, as is most of the other mid level ones.

So I tried to find the next biggest independent isp and Aussie has good reviews.

Lol I should send my referral code. PM me ;)

Sorry for the long response.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Corona Man » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:28 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Basically that’s a consequence of the ACCC getting stuck into the big players (Optus I think) for selling people 100mb plans that could never ever reach that level.

All internet experiences a slowdown in peak times. The pipe from your house to the ISP is basically your max speed, but then that traffic gets bundled with everyone else’s when it gets sent out into the wider world. The size of this pipe isn’t a pure multiple of the customers an ISP has as that isn’t cost effective for them.

So there is a thing called a contention ratio where they sign up a certain amount of people per bandwidth they have.

If you go with someone like dodo who offer extremely cheap unlimited plans you will get very slow internet during peak times.

Dropping from 25 max to 22 is very good in my opinion. Personally I have a 50 max connection and get 47 or so off peak, drops to maybe 35 at the lowest in peak times. (They quote 42 as the slowdown speed)

My personal opinion is that you shouldn’t go for an unlimited option unless you really really think you need it. And most people don’t. I stream full HD Netflix as well as game and download a lot and I go through 300-400 gig. Maybe if you had a whole family live on YouTube full time you could go more but I doubt it. In general the capped plans from isps will have better contention ratios than the unlimited ones.

In my opinion the best way to go is stay away from Telstra and Optus and pick one of the other bigger ones. Internode used to be excellent but is owned by tpg now, as is most of the other mid level ones.

So I tried to find the next biggest independent isp and Aussie has good reviews.

Good reply Benny,

Sounds like you know your way around all this techy stuff......

I leave it to the propeller heads myself!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3482 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:44 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Don’t apologise mate. I really appreciate it
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:15 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

I think I will get 100gig on for 55 a month with Aussie broadband. I watch Netflix and play games and watch some YouTube and when the girls are over they will watch their kids shows on iPads. Should be plenty for me and pretty affordable. If I need more I will get more.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:27 pm

You’ll be struggling to do all that on 100GB a month.
I use it for similar and generally use about 200GB a month.

I’m with iinet and have no issues with them.

As somewhere mentioned though stay away from Optus if you can.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:24 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

I think I will get 100gig on for 55 a month with Aussie broadband. I watch Netflix and play games and watch some YouTube and when the girls are over they will watch their kids shows on iPads. Should be plenty for me and pretty affordable. If I need more I will get more.

They don’t have lockin contracts so you can easily go up or down if required
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:34 pm

We pay $50pm for unlimited but I think my missus got some sort of loyalty discount when we moved in together. I think its 20 or 30 dollars a month dearer for new customers.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:59 pm

Wedgie wrote:We pay $50pm for unlimited but I think my missus got some sort of loyalty discount when we moved in together. I think its 20 or 30 dollars a month dearer for new customers.

We got right royally shafted when we merged accounts.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:We pay $50pm for unlimited but I think my missus got some sort of loyalty discount when we moved in together. I think its 20 or 30 dollars a month dearer for new customers.

We got right royally shafted when we merged accounts.

With Adam we got bumped up from 200GB to 500GB when we moved house, and then up to Unlimited when they changed to iiNet.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:03 pm

HH3 wrote:
With Adam we got bumped up from 200GB to 500GB when we moved house, and then up to Unlimited when they changed to iiNet.

Our internet is great and well priced, got stitched on the mobiles.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Im with Optus for my mobile. Just ordered a Samsung S8, 20GB data, free streaming of Netflix, Spotify, etc for $59/month.

Much better than the 1GB data I get with my S7 on a $64/month plan. My plan runs out this month.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:12 pm

HH3 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Im with Optus for my mobile. Just ordered a Samsung S8, 20GB data, free streaming of Netflix, Spotify, etc for $59/month.

Much better than the 1GB data I get with my S7 on a $64/month plan. My plan runs out this month.

We get 35GB shared data with our phones when we use 6 or 7 on a high month, 1200GB for the house internet, pretty much all the foxtel channels and get slugged $430 per month, I think we can alter it without breaking contract fees in June.

Had to go a BYO phone deal to start with to avoid early termination fees, still copped a $600 bill for one of them merging our accounts. We're smarter for it now.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion