Diary of some pregnant blokes

Anything!

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:07 pm

Crazy how fast time goes...

Little miss nugget is 10 weeks now and starting to really develop a character and interract heaps. A gorgeous little thing and i could just sit and chat with her all night wheb i get home from work. A real joy!Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:15 pm

What a pearler you've got there mate! A ripper.

I tell you all something for free, I am so envious of the parent in the modern digital age. The ability to snap and store images of kids nowadays is something I wish, I wish I had access to it when mine were growing up.

Late 90's early 2000's it was there, in it's infancy for those with the resources to afford it, by the time everyone had a camera everywhere it felt like mine had one instead of being in front of one!

#shit
#Ifeelold
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:18 pm

Booney wrote:What a pearler you've got there mate! A ripper.

I tell you all something for free, I am so envious of the parent in the modern digital age. The ability to snap and store images of kids nowadays is something I wish, I wish I had access to it when mine were growing up.

Late 90's early 2000's it was there, in it's infancy for those with the resources to afford it, by the time everyone had a camera everywhere it felt like mine had one instead of being in front of one!

#shit
#Ifeelold

Yeah, glad I got in early as my kids were born in 96 and 99. Mind you it cost me almost a grand to get a 2.3 megapixel camera then! :shock:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:40 pm

#shit
#Ifeelold

#haveanotherone
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:13 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

#shit
#Ifeelold

#haveanotherone

Not with these disconnected plums.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:16 am

Imagine resetting the kid clock in your 40's....no thanks!
Enjoy them while they are this small lads. They turn into teenagers before you know it :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:29 am

MW wrote:Imagine resetting the kid clock in your 40's....no thanks!
Enjoy them while they are this small lads. They turn into teenagers before you know it [emoji38]
Yeah well mini mummy (oh my) goodness just turned 7 this week and hooley dooley has she got some sass... little nugget is 5 in July and he is more mini me than i can even explain!

Teenage years are a very scary proposition but im doin my best to guide them into it with a level head and decent levels of respect, humility and courtesy.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:01 am

Great photo of nugget and the hound!
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:32 am

#shit
#Ifeelold

this is a great point. the immediacy of having our phones with cameras and internet has some obvious drawbacks, but being able to capture a quick video of my 2 year old saying love you mummy and sending it to my wife when she is at work is just awesome.

you can capture much more of the personality of kids rather than the typical portrait poses that we all had as kids
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Spargo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:56 am

bennymacca wrote:

#shit
#Ifeelold

this is a great point. the immediacy of having our phones with cameras and internet has some obvious drawbacks, but being able to capture a quick video of my 2 year old saying love you mummy and sending it to my wife when she is at work is just awesome.

you can capture much more of the personality of kids rather than the typical portrait poses that we all had as kids

Definitely have come a long way since Mum made us have the “Pixie” photos done in the shopping mall whilst holding a Bert or Ernie doll which had been vomited on by a dozen other kids with some weird Scandinavian landscape backdrop in the photo.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:24 am

yep exactly
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:56 pm

I'd love to put a photo up of all my kids but there's a few that I've never met.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby BZB27 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:33 pm

I forgot about this thread lol

The wife is now 20 weeks and we have found out we are having a boy. Just bought an awesome glider chair in perfect knick on gumtree for $50 bucks yesterday for the baby room.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:10 pm

BZB27 wrote:I forgot about this thread lol

The wife is now 20 weeks and we have found out we are having a boy. Just bought an awesome glider chair in perfect knick on gumtree for $50 bucks yesterday for the baby room.

Congrats guys, you've got 18 or so weeks to get Brucey accustomed to having a bubba in the house!
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby BZB27 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
BZB27 wrote:I forgot about this thread lol

Congrats guys, you've got 18 or so weeks to get Brucey accustomed to having a bubba in the house!

Thanks, well he keeps trying to lay on her belly so he must have a feeling something is going on lol
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:52 pm

Post pregnancy here, after having 11 in our house all Easter weekend we were looking forward to this weekend one was kid has an army camp, one has a footy camp and the ex is moving house so thought the other would be linked there.
Instead Friday arvo now consists of leaving work early, dropping step son off to his air force cadet camp then take daughter to Adelaide Oval for Under 18 state cricket try-outs then leave there to take her to a footy trial match, should get home around 9pm after setting sail at 6 in the morning.
Saturday is heading to Gawler in the morning to drop youngest son off for a footy trial at Crystal Brook and overnight camp there, get back around lunch to take daughter to day two of Under 18 trial, should get home around 5:15.................no pub for me.
Sunday is taking daughter to Under 16 state footy training at 8am Sunday morning at Aldi, finish there around 11 to get to Gawler by noon to meet son then go to Edinburgh by 1pm step-sons cadet parade.

And I was looking forward to the in between season.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 pm

5 weeks to go for us and my third little girl

Got a work conference in Sydney from next Wednesday to Sunday, got to admit I'm slightly nervous. I do really want to be there for my partner especially with it being her first child.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:52 pm

whufc wrote:5 weeks to go for us and my third little girl

Got a work conference in Sydney from next Wednesday to Sunday, got to admit I'm slightly nervous. I do really want to be there for my partner especially with it being her first child.

Good luck mate!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Yeah good luck mate, my first decided to enter the world 6 weeks early when I was at Broken Hill, a mad dash at ridiculous speeds got me back in time with hours to spare in the end!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby am Bays » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:49 pm

Reading this thread makes me think of the most nervous/anxious I've ever felt

Driving to Adelaide from Darwin with a 6/1/2 month pregnant wife in December 2002

Half way between Elliot and Tennent Creek she starts getting the false contractions (Braxton Hicks (sp)). My R foot might have depressed slightly lower to the floorboards..... (**** cruising at 2500 rpm (137 kn/h) in the VT, 2700 (~150 km/h is better))

You are just hoping it's not the real thing as 50 km South of Renner Springs is not the place you want to be dealing with the worse case scenario.

And they say the men don't suffer...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion