The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby MW » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:01 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Would the ravens be looking to usurp the Eagles and make Woodville a home?

I do not want this to happen by the way.

Nope, not with the lease they have at West Lakes.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:19 am

therisingblues wrote:Mr Slaven and Mr Branson also argued spectator numbers for the club — which has played in 10 of the last 27 SANFL grand finals — had fallen from 4000 in 2012 to 1500 last year.

Incredible drop.
There's a lot of Crows supporters amongst the Eagles brethren.
How clear does it need to be that the Crows reserves in the SANFL is doing a very good job of killing off our beloved league?

Who cares about the fans/members when you get the $50k from the Crows...
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby DOC » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:09 am

Dutchy wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Would the ravens be looking to usurp the Eagles and make Woodville a home?

I do not want this to happen by the way.

They would want the cricket club out as well.

Dream come true for the SACA.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:03 pm

DOC wrote:I am fairly sure they are keen to move to the city.

If they had their way they'd build a shed that covers the whole of Victoria square, with surrounding streets devoted to car parking.
If asked about traffic, aesthetics or the historical attachment all South Australians have with the square, the answer would surely be a tear laden rant about where else they could put their bloody shed? They are the Adelaide Crows, after all, and rest of the state can just get out of their ******* way, or get ******* crushed.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:12 pm

therisingblues wrote:

If they had their way they'd build a shed that covers the whole of Victoria square, with surrounding streets devoted to car parking.
If asked about traffic, aesthetics or the historical attachment all South Australians have with the square, the answer would surely be a tear laden rant about where else they could put their bloody shed? They are the Adelaide Crows, after all, and rest of the state can just get out of their ******* way, or get ******* crushed.

Need a hug mate? Bloody hell...
MW
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:01 pm

therisingblues wrote:

IIRC Joe Tripodi directly experienced this very warm and collaborative style of negotiation when Norwood were contemplating the Crows' proposal to join the SANFL.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby MW » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:02 pm

Those nasty crows people...
MW
Coach

Postby Grenville » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Magellan wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

IIRC Joe Tripodi directly experienced this very warm and collaborative style of negotiation when Norwood were contemplating the Crows' proposal to join the SANFL.

Not honest Joe?
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:54 pm

MW wrote:Those nasty crows people...

Nasty? No way.

Conceited, yes.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby DOC » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Magellan wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Nope. It was Gordon Pickard on behalf of Port who told Joe vote yes or no work from me ever again.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:10 pm

MW wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Just telling it as it is.
Before they joined, the SANFL remained a viable alternative to the AFL. Then one day they demanded part of this competition as well, with the basic ultimatum of, "Let us in, or we will **** you over!"
I know you don't want to be following the bad guys, hence the truth will hit a sore spot.
On the other hand, I have followed this forum over the years and read you laughing at those posters who have chosen to give the comp (and possibly football itself) away altogether.
You can't have it both ways.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Grenville » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:30 pm

therisingblues wrote:
MW wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Before they joined, the SANFL remained a viable alternative to the AFL. Then one day they demanded part of this competition as well, with the basic ultimatum of, "Let us in, or we will **** you over!"
I know you don't want to be following the bad guys, hence the truth will hit a sore spot.
On the other hand, I have followed this forum over the years and read you laughing at those posters who have chosen to give the comp (and possibly football itself) away altogether.

I hate agreeing with Sturt supporters but spot on.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby MW » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:45 pm

therisingblues wrote:
MW wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

rinse. repeat. zzzzzz.
Which both ways* do I want it?
All I want is for you quitters to support your team through the good and bad times. SANFL is suffering because you choose to abandon the very club you want to succeed, because the big bad Crows (and Port, but we don't acknowledge them...). They need you more than ever yet you're on an internet forum looking for cheap laughs with your other SANFL cohorts.
MW
Coach

Postby Mic » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:59 pm

MW wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
MW wrote:
therisingblues wrote:If they had their way they'd build a shed that covers the whole of Victoria square, with surrounding streets devoted to car parking.

rinse. repeat. zzzzzz.
All I want is for you quitters to support your team through the good and bad times. SANFL is suffering because you choose to abandon the very club you want to succeed, because the big bad Crows (and Port, but we don't acknowledge them...). They need you more than ever yet you're on an internet forum looking for cheap laughs with your other SANFL cohorts.

I'd argue the SANFL quit on its supporters.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:22 pm

Mic wrote:

Spot on, my club didn't even ask for feedback, just held a session to advise why they were voting yes.

Caught up with an old mate who is a mad Port fan, he tried to keep going to the footy once they became the Power ressies, but got sick of Port fans just talking about who will go well for the Power, he now doesn't go at all....never thought I would see the day.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:08 pm

MW wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
MW wrote:
therisingblues wrote:[quote="DOC"]I am fairly sure they are keen to move to the city.

rinse. repeat. zzzzzz.
All I want is for you quitters to support your team through the good and bad times. SANFL is suffering because you choose to abandon the very club you want to succeed, because the big bad Crows (and Port, but we don't acknowledge them...). They need you more than ever yet you're on an internet forum looking for cheap laughs with your other SANFL cohorts.[/quote]
The clubs should of thought of that before voting yes. We warned them but they didn’t listen and even went against their members wishes.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby therisingblues » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:54 pm

Just for the record, I think I will be one of the last to leave this sinking ship. No other sports competition has given me as much satisfaction as the SANFL, in particular, watching Sturt. I cannot pass judgment on those that have left already, and I think if we were to ever succeed in getting the cancers kicked out we would all owe them gratitude. I can't follow them though, and I knew pretty early on that I would be this way.

Both ways: Forcing your presence on, and thus hastening the destruction of sovereign league, and then wanting to be the good guys in all this.
Laughable.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby JK » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Mic wrote:

Spot on, my club didn't even ask for feedback, just held a session to advise why they were voting yes.

Caught up with an old mate who is a mad Port fan, he tried to keep going to the footy once they became the Power ressies, but got sick of Port fans just talking about who will go well for the Power, he now doesn't go at all....never thought I would see the day.

Yep, know plenty of Port born and bred people that were always Magpie fanatics that don't have an interest anymore
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Spargo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:56 pm

therisingblues wrote:Both ways: Forcing your presence on, and thus hastening the destruction of sovereign league, and then wanting to be the good guys in all this.
Laughable.

So true, so very true.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:01 pm

therisingblues wrote:Just for the record, I think I will be one of the last to leave this sinking ship. No other sports competition has given me as much satisfaction as the SANFL, in particular, watching Sturt. I cannot pass judgment on those that have left already, and I think if we were to ever succeed in getting the cancers kicked out we would all owe them gratitude. I can't follow them though, and I knew pretty early on that I would be this way.

Both ways: Forcing your presence on, and thus hastening the destruction of sovereign league, and then wanting to be the good guys in all this.
Laughable.

Crows and Port AFL reserves you're talking about, not me personally?
MW
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL