I'm a celebrity (please) get me out of the jungle

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: I'm a celebrity (please) get me out of the jungle

Postby MW » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:03 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Apparently Tomic went on a rant on The Project.

He is just completely ****** up. He should never be a part of any Australian tennis team at any level from Davis Cup to Olympics...

Dead set ****

When told about Lleytons comments about him never getting back to Davis cup, tomic said something about not caring about what Lleyton thinks, and he's never lost to him! :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:40 am

It wont happen but for everyone's sake I wish the media would just ignore him until he actually does something worthy of attention, like win a few tennis matches.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:34 pm

I've only seen bits & pieces of the show, my Mrs is following it, so she can look at Gibbo with his shirt off...... Green going in is interesting. I am not a boxing fan, so I don't really follow the Green/Mundine angst. Is there a chance they bond, and become mates?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Corona Man wrote:I've only seen bits & pieces of the show, my Mrs is following it, so she can look at Gibbo with his shirt off...... Green going in is interesting. I am not a boxing fan, so I don't really follow the Green/Mundine angst. Is there a chance they bond, and become mates?

They've been mates for well over a decade.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:31 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Corona Man wrote:I've only seen bits & pieces of the show, my Mrs is following it, so she can look at Gibbo with his shirt off...... Green going in is interesting. I am not a boxing fan, so I don't really follow the Green/Mundine angst. Is there a chance they bond, and become mates?

According to Fev.
One of my favourite players when at Carlton but not sure I'd believe much of what comes out his mouth though.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:44 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

According to Fev.
One of my favourite players when at Carlton but not sure I'd believe much of what comes out his mouth though.

He's spot on though in this instance.
It's amazing how gullible the public can be.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:33 am

Rumour is Mundine has quit also
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby MW » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:01 am

cracka wrote:Rumour is Mundine has quit also

No rumour, confirmed.
Green wins the third fight!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:28 am

Tomic & now Mundine..... who would have thunk that! Just another thing those 2 have in common....
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby beef » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:31 am

Corona Man wrote:

Tomic & now Mundine..... who would have thunk that! Just another thing those 2 have in common....

Maybe "reality" tv is scripted and they were always going to "quit"? Getting everyone talking about it and ratings will be good. Only thing that matters
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:47 am

beef wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Maybe "reality" tv is scripted and they were always going to "quit"? Getting everyone talking about it and ratings will be good. Only thing that matters

If what you say is true. Wouldn't it be better "For Ratings" to have Mundine and Green there as the final 2 in the jungle??
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby beef » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:55 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
beef wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

If what you say is true. Wouldn't it be better "For Ratings" to have Mundine and Green there as the final 2 in the jungle??

Maybe Mundine and Tomic could only commit for a set period. I think the whole thing is manufactured to get what they want, eliminations, trials etc. Wouldnt be surprised if channel 10 already know who wins
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:34 am

Tomic & now Mundine..... who would have thunk that! Just another thing those 2 have in common....[/quote]
Maybe "reality" tv is scripted and they were always going to "quit"? Getting everyone talking about it and ratings will be good. Only thing that matters[/quote]
If what you say is true. Wouldn't it be better "For Ratings" to have Mundine and Green there as the final 2 in the jungle??[/quote]
Maybe Mundine and Tomic could only commit for a set period. I think the whole thing is manufactured to get what they want, eliminations, trials etc. Wouldnt be surprised if channel 10 already know who wins[/quote]
Man the show is gonna suck a little bit now. Hope they send in some interesting intruders or else I wont be bothered watching. I was only watching it because of the Mundine V Green. Well I hope Nollsie wins it. Maybe get Guy Sebastian to go in and see if we can have a GF rematch between him and Nollsie. Only this time Nollsie should kick his butt.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:41 am

It's the colour of his skin why people dislike him though.

Mundine, an outspoken critic of the gay community, began by speaking about what he controversially claimed to be the 'consequences' of being gay in Indigenous culture. 

He says, 'If we were to live in a society, just like in Aboriginal culture, that homosexuality is forbidden and you do it and the consequences are capital punishment or death, you think you are going to do it? Or think twice about doing it?' 

He further states, 'That's the only way to deter the problem.'
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:14 am

Just when you think Mundine isn’t really that much of a knob, he goes and says things like that!!!

He’s a bigger knob than I thought initially
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:32 am

He is entitled to his opinion, I'm entitled to disagree with it, what pisses me off is the media keeps giving him air-time
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:34 am

Dutchy wrote:He is entitled to his opinion, I'm entitled to disagree with it, what pisses me off is the media keeps giving him air-time

This.

I love Mundine (one of the few), but what has absolutely shitted me to tears since this show started is EVERY SINGLE DAY that chick from the Herald writes some stupid click bait, Mundine hating article.. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

It's like her boss has said "Mundine is a polarising character, most of Australia hate him - feed the dogs..."
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Man the show is gonna suck a little bit now. Hope they send in some interesting intruders or else I wont be bothered watching. I was only watching it because of the Mundine V Green. Well I hope Nollsie wins it. Maybe get Guy Sebastian to go in and see if we can have a GF rematch between him and Nollsie. Only this time Nollsie should kick his butt.

Now? The whole idea sucks the chrome off a bumper bar.

By the way, is Mundine still a Muslim?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Magellan wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Man the show is gonna suck a little bit now. Hope they send in some interesting intruders or else I wont be bothered watching. I was only watching it because of the Mundine V Green. Well I hope Nollsie wins it. Maybe get Guy Sebastian to go in and see if we can have a GF rematch between him and Nollsie. Only this time Nollsie should kick his butt.

Now? The whole idea sucks the chrome off a bumper bar.

By the way, is Mundine still a Muslim?

He reportedly follows the laws of Islam, yes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:54 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Dutchy wrote:He is entitled to his opinion, I'm entitled to disagree with it, what pisses me off is the media keeps giving him air-time

This.

I love Mundine (one of the few), but what has absolutely shitted me to tears since this show started is EVERY SINGLE DAY that chick from the Herald writes some stupid click bait, Mundine hating article.. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

It's like her boss has said "Mundine is a polarising character, most of Australia hate him - feed the dogs..."

I've got enormous admiration for him as a sportsman, he was for some time one of the most dynamic players in the NRL ( or whatever it was called at the time ) and has backed up his bark with his bite in the boxing ring at a world class level. It's a sporting resume that reads like very few others.

It's all ruined when he opens his mouth and puts his foot in it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment