Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby Magellan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Corona Man wrote:Eating kiwi beef ribs in an Argentinian restaurant on Cuba street Wellington, proceeded by drinking a Spainish beer, washed down with a glass of Italian wine. All while being served by a Vietnamese waitress.

I’m heading to Wellington next week, any hot tips CM?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Magellan wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Eating kiwi beef ribs in an Argentinian restaurant on Cuba street Wellington, proceeded by drinking a Spainish beer, washed down with a glass of Italian wine. All while being served by a Vietnamese waitress.

By the time I checked into my hotel and headed out for dinner it was 9pm local time. The first 2 places I walked into said sorry kitchen closed. Cuba street in the city is pretty funky... loads if restaurants to choose from. The place has a good feel about it. When it's not blowing a gale the Wellington harbour is spectacularly beautiful. My only other tip is fly in on Air NZ at least the local pilots know the place it can get a bit hairy coming in to land and the plane is sideways!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Magellan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Magellan wrote:

By the time I checked into my hotel and headed out for dinner it was 9pm local time. The first 2 places I walked into said sorry kitchen closed. Cuba street in the city is pretty funky... loads if restaurants to choose from. The place has a good feel about it. When it's not blowing a gale the Wellington harbour is spectacularly beautiful. My only other tip is fly in on Air NZ at least the local pilots know the place it can get a bit hairy coming in to land and the plane is sideways!

Cheers CM, keep the tips coming* as they come to hand.*

No local pilots for me, I'm flying Qantas.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:51 am

Wellington is the pick of the NZ cities I visit. I really like it here. Only here for 1 day then off to Napier, my first trip there to see a few new customers. Then down to Christchurch on Friday, which is still a building site after the earthquakes. You will enjoy Welly tho!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby HH3 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:50 am

People who try to pass the buck when they've done something wrong.

Someone here constantly does things late, and when it's an issue, blames it on other people not having done their job.

Her new thing is to tell me I haven't entered things yet, which she needs to be able to do her part. The funny part is, our system keeps a detailed audit trail of time, date, employee names of everything entered. So it's really simple for me to put her in her place. She still tries it though. Idiot.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:18 am

This may sound rude, but i tend not to believe people that continually think everyone around them is terrible at their job but they arent - and yet do nothing about it.

Why not move jobs? Or if you are that good why arent you running the place?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 am

bennymacca wrote:This may sound rude, but i tend not to believe people that continually think everyone around them is terrible at their job but they arent - and yet do nothing about it.

I am running the place you dickhead.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:35 am

Corona Man wrote:Wellington is the pick of the NZ cities I visit. I really like it here. Only here for 1 day then off to Napier, my first trip there to see a few new customers. Then down to Christchurch on Friday, which is still a building site after the earthquakes. You will enjoy Welly tho!

My parents are from Waikanae which is about 70 kms north of Wellington on the west coast. Was there 2 weeks ago for a wake. Love NZ
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby MW » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:39 am

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:This may sound rude, but i tend not to believe people that continually think everyone around them is terrible at their job but they arent - and yet do nothing about it.

Make changes mate.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:39 am

HH3 wrote:

:lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:42 am

HH3 manages the office (among many other tasks) and he doesn't own the place, he's not the hiring / firing person and the bloke who is couldn't give a shit as long as he's making money which he obviously is.

Keep up people, FFS.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:43 am

MW wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Make changes mate.

I'm constantly working things out to make them better. But you can't change peoples personalities. Most of it isn't worth throwing someones life into turmoil by sacking them.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:44 am

Booney wrote:HH3 manages the office (among many other tasks) and he doesn't own the place, he's not the hiring / firing person and the bloke who is couldn't give a shit as long as he's making money which he obviously is.

Keep up people, FFS.

Sack "the bloke" FFS
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:46 am

HH3 wrote:
I'm constantly working things out to make them better. But you can't change peoples personalities. Most of it isn't worth throwing someones life into turmoil by sacking them.

Develop the "Schrute Buck"!

Your place does remind me of Dunder Mifflin.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Develop the "Schrute Buck"!

Your place does remind me of Dunder Mifflin.

FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:53 am

Booney wrote:HH3 manages the office (among many other tasks) and he doesn't own the place, he's not the hiring / firing person and the bloke who is couldn't give a shit as long as he's making money which he obviously is.

Keep up people, FFS.

Hardly running the place then :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 am

JK wrote:

The introductory the the Shrute Buck episode was on this week, Stanley was piss funny with his response.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Keep up people, FFS.

Sack "the bloke" FFS

"The bloke" is the retired owner who pops his head in once a month to say "I appreciate what you do".
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:15 pm

so if you are running the place for nothing but platitudes, and have no ability to make changes, why are you there?

i know im projecting my frustrations of one of my mates onto you - he would complain for years about everyone but himself but never be assertive enough to do anything about it. It seems like you are in a similar boat though.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:49 pm

bennymacca wrote:so if you are running the place for nothing but platitudes, and have no ability to make changes, why are you there?

i know im projecting my frustrations of one of my mates onto you - he would complain for years about everyone but himself but never be assertive enough to do anything about it. It seems like you are in a similar boat though.

I'm here to pay my rent mate.

Take this into consideration.

I'm the Operations Manager. There is no manager above me. I have to manage four sales reps, who since 1996 have all been able to work "autonomously" without sales meetings, etc. That was a directive from the owner, so now I have to try to enforce my own rules on people that have never had to abide by any. That is a daily struggle. I am arguing with 4 entitled people who are twice my age all day, every day.

I manage an accounts lady (see above) who has recently decided to shirk as much responsibility as possible.

I manage a Warehouse Supervisor and two drivers. Any problem comes to me.

I am also the Purchasing Officer. I need to manage our stock. I need to find new products, negotiate prices on existing products, and enter all stock that is received. I have meetings with people every single day.

I do about 60% of the invoicing for the company and answer at least half of incoming calls for the company.

Any time something is not completely straightforward for someone else, they literally put there pen down, lean back in their chair, and scream "Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad" down the hallway until I come to fix it. (One example is someones Outlook wouldnt let them enter an email address. Turns out his folder was sitting on top of his space bar. I had to "fix" that for him.

I am 29 (been in this position since I was 26). Have the heart tension of a 60 year old and patience of a 90 year old.

I f**k up every single day. But I'm the one who has to fix it.

So I beg my pardon for having a vent every now and then. It stops me telling them this place is a cross between a kindergarten and a retirement home, which is what I did a few weeks ago with a few expletives thrown in.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion