Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:10 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Isn’t Ollie your next Captain?
As in next year?

You must rate him very highly to give him the captaincy.

He's 23 and been the Vice Captain for 2 years, you've missed that?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:19 am

If he stays he's captain next year. That's a no brainer.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:22 am

Brodlach wrote:Didn't Kane give him a back hander. Wingard far more important than Wines.
He said Boak was the highest paid player, thought that Gray or Dixon would be higher.
Cornes said Wines worth 700k, wouldn't pay 800k for Wines

I'd expect that right at this moment Dixon would be on the highest packet at Alberton, for 2018 anyway. Purely speculating I'd think the third year of his large deal would be higher than the last year of 30 year old Boak's deal.

On Boak, he deserves to be one of if not our highest paid. He showed loyalty not often seen in this competiton when, in 2012, Geelong threw everything at him and he decided to stay at Port Adelaide. That display of unity and loyalty rightly deserved to be rewarded.

Ablett could learn a thing or two from Boak about sticking around when things get tough and giving 100% regardless.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:23 am

I’m sure there are pages upon pages written about Ted Bundy too

Hopefully he is consistent with constant scrutiny of Wines as he had been in the past with Lever, Matt and Brad Crouch and currently Sloane
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:26 am

Brodlach wrote:I’m sure there are pages upon pages written about Ted Bundy too

Hopefully he is consistent with constant scrutiny of Wines as he had been in the past with Lever, Matt and Brad Crouch and currently Sloane

While mugs continue to swallow and regurgitate it he'll keep feeding it to them. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:30 am

I guess that makes both you and I mugs?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:36 am

valleys07 wrote:
I think most see Ollie as the heir apparent to Boak. As early as next year is a real possibility.

Most clubs vote in their captain and leadership group, so Wines is obviously held in high regard by his peers.

I think he is a super player and a very important part of our team, but match winner wouldn't be a word id use to describe him.

In fact, there are max 10 players in the league that can command that title.

I didn't think this was the case, I thought the peers have a lot to do with the leadership group whereas the coaching staff appoint the captain.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:39 am

Brodlach wrote:I guess that makes both you and I mugs?

It's liberating coming to that realization, isn't it?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:56 am

Brodlach wrote:I guess that makes both you and I mugs?

Can't argue with that heh heh.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:22 am

MW wrote:Port person is gonna say that Morell.
Yes Kane says what he thinks and all power to him (pun intended), but he is a crow troll out of the Rucci handbook simple as that.

I personally think Kane Cornes is good - waaay better than Rucci
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am

Yes Kane says what he thinks and all power to him (pun intended), but he is a crow troll out of the Rucci handbook simple as that.

He's better than the trash Rowey & Bicks dish up in the couple of hours before hand on AA. Do have a chuckle every night they have a guest on and Rowey just agrees with everything they say even after he has spent the 5 mins prior to the guest coming on arguing for the other side. If he could grow some balls and actually argue for his opinion at least there would be a decent discussion rathar him just agreeing with everything everyone else says
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:15 am

Also, Wines won't be going anywhere
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby MW » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:28 am

bertiebeatle wrote:

He's better than the trash Rowey & Bicks dish up in the couple of hours before hand on AA. Do have a chuckle every night they have a guest on and Rowey just agrees with everything they say even after he has spent the 5 mins prior to the guest coming on arguing for the other side. If he could grow some balls and actually argue for his opinion at least there would be a decent discussion rathar him just agreeing with everything everyone else says

Who's the bigger fool tuning in every night listening to them?
MW
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 am

MW wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:

Easily me and the rest of the listeners. Not much else to listen to though, would rather Billy & JB hit Triple M earlier than 6pm as i love listening to them on the way to footy training
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:11 pm

I have been downloading the whateley podcast, been good
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MW » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:13 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:
MW wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:

Easily me and the rest of the listeners. Not much else to listen to though, would rather Billy & JB hit Triple M earlier than 6pm as i love listening to them on the way to footy training

You and me both. Rowey is cringe worthy and I'm surprised Bickley has stayed for as long as he has, or that Rowey hasn't been given the arse yet.
MW
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Isn’t Ollie your next Captain?
As in next year?

You must rate him very highly to give him the captaincy.

He's 23 and been the Vice Captain for 2 years, you've missed that?

Not every vice captain goes on to captain their club!
Have you missed that? ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:39 pm

bennymacca wrote:I have been downloading the whateley podcast, been good

Might have to start doing that as well
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:16 pm

PORT Adelaide veteran Matthew Broadbent is now certain to have a delayed start to the season after further surgery on the ankle he injured in a freak training accident last year.

The durable 27-year-old underwent a second operation on the joint on Tuesday after it refused to settle after off-season surgery in October.

The Power were already unsure of whether he'd be available for the season opener against Fremantle on March 24, but he will now definitely not be ready in time – and the length of his layoff remains uncertain.

"The timeline is a bit hard. We just need to see the response," coach Ken Hinkley told AFL.com.au on Tuesday.

"We think he'll be slow at the start of the year, but we know the quality of the player and the person, and we know he'll do everything he can to get back.

"He'll be back playing, but he certainly won't see the start of the year."

The injury occurred in freakish circumstances in June last year ahead of the Power's round 14 clash with Collingwood.

Broadbent was dazed when he was hit in the head with a ball at training and rolled his ankle as a result.

He missed the clash with the Pies but returned the following week to play against Richmond.

However, he was dogged by pain for the rest of the season and only managed two AFL games after that, having played 132 games over the previous six seasons at an average of 22 per year.

Hinkley said while there was a degree of unknown about Broadbent's exact return date, there was no doubt he would see AFL football in 2018.

"He knows he's had a great run with injury over his career and this is the first real challenge he's had," he said.

"It took a freak accident to bring him undone.

"He'll recover, and he'll be fine."

Broadbent is the Power's only long-term injury concern with the rest of the list set to see action in the upcoming JLT Community Series.

Wingman Jared Polec is back running after a hamstring interruption and is rated a "significant chance" to play in the Power's second JLT game against Adelaide on March 10, which will leave him a "strong chance" for round one.

Chad Wingard and Charlie Dixon are in line to play in the first JLT game against West Coast on February 25 after minor hiccups.

New recruits Steven Motlop and Lindsay Thomas are poised to join them after being carefully managed in their first pre-season at Alberton.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:32 pm

bennymacca wrote:I have been downloading the whateley podcast, been good

yep outstanding, I reminder that there are some actual journalist's out there, he gets some brilliant guests on there also (probably cause they know they won't get hysterical questioning)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL