What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby HH3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:18 am

I bought a Nintendo Switch the other day. Pretty much bought it just to play Zelda. Also to take on a plane because I'll be taking a few flights in a couple of months.

First of all, the "console" is pretty good. Think of a Gameboy/PSP you can play on the TV too. The graphics aren't PS4/Xbone quality obviously, but they're still smooth and HD. I've set up the dock on the bedroom TV, so the Mrs can play it on the TV, and I can take it as a hand held into the lounge room when she's asleep.

Zelda is just as good as I thought it would be. Massive open world. Seriously ridiculous how big this world is.

Fantastic storyline. I haven't got so lost in a game for a long long time.

The mechanics are great. Lots of variety in gameplay and abilities. The cooking system is awesome. You find raw ingredients like apples, mushrooms. Hunt for meat. Wild boars, frogs, fish? And there are recipes that you need to learn by trial and error.

The weapon system is good too. Weapons break fairly quickly, and can't be repaired. So you are constantly changing weapons which breaks up the monotony of walking around killing the enemies exactly the same way.

There's a good variety of enemies too. You really need to plan how you attack some groups.

After about 6 hours of gameplay I can't think of one thing I don't like about this game.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:46 am

HH3 wrote:I bought a Nintendo Switch the other day. Pretty much bought it just to play Zelda. Also to take on a plane because I'll be taking a few flights in a couple of months.

First of all, the "console" is pretty good. Think of a Gameboy/PSP you can play on the TV too. The graphics aren't PS4/Xbone quality obviously, but they're still smooth and HD. I've set up the dock on the bedroom TV, so the Mrs can play it on the TV, and I can take it as a hand held into the lounge room when she's asleep.

Zelda is just as good as I thought it would be. Massive open world. Seriously ridiculous how big this world is.

Fantastic storyline. I haven't got so lost in a game for a long long time.

The mechanics are great. Lots of variety in gameplay and abilities. The cooking system is awesome. You find raw ingredients like apples, mushrooms. Hunt for meat. Wild boars, frogs, fish? And there are recipes that you need to learn by trial and error.

The weapon system is good too. Weapons break fairly quickly, and can't be repaired. So you are constantly changing weapons which breaks up the monotony of walking around killing the enemies exactly the same way.

There's a good variety of enemies too. You really need to plan how you attack some groups.

After about 6 hours of gameplay I can't think of one thing I don't like about this game.

I purchased a Nintendo 3DS to mainly play while I work away and one of the games I purchased on the Virtue Console was Zelda: A Link to the Past. First time ever playing any Zelda game my God it's a long storyline! I've been playing for hours and just managed to get the moon pearl? Still need to find 7 elders! I'm loving the game though and will probably buy the next one in line Links Awakening. The most frustrating part of the game I've found is when you die in a dungeon and have to start from floor 1 again. Now that I'm understanding the game a lot better I've been lifting rocks, lighting lamp stands and bombing weak structures to find some hidden caves. I feel like it's going to be big relief once its finished!

Also I went onto Wikipedia and done some research on the Link to the Past. It's basically been voted a top 5 game of all time. Looks like it had some impressive sales as well.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:14 am

I know I am a bit behind the times, but started playing fortnite last night. Game goes alright. Rubbish at it but don’t mind it.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby JK » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:24 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:I know I am a bit behind the times, but started playing fortnite last night. Game goes alright. Rubbish at it but don’t mind it.

My sons go nuts for that game, particularly the youngest who has serious Fortnite addiction/withdrawal issues (sadly not kidding).

He's talked me into trying a coupla times, but I'm way too old to grasp the number of options on controllers these days
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Johno6 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:33 am

having a fortnite session Saturday night if your online WUB.
missus is working, so I'm on daddy day care all night so gonna get my nerd on
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby mickey » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:01 pm

JK wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I know I am a bit behind the times, but started playing fortnite last night. Game goes alright. Rubbish at it but don’t mind it.

My sons go nuts for that game, particularly the youngest who has serious Fortnite addiction/withdrawal issues (sadly not kidding).

He's talked me into trying a coupla times, but I'm way too old to grasp the number of options on controllers these days
These more the style of controller you'd be familiar with JK......Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Wedgie » Fri May 04, 2018 4:51 pm

The new update for AFL Evolution has SANFL teams!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri May 04, 2018 7:46 pm

Wedgie wrote:The new update for AFL Evolution has SANFL teams!
I have to get onto this. I recently got back into AFL Evolution for this footy season.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby HH3 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Nintendo Switch

I got this from EBs for $37 last week. The big name games on Nintendo eShop are usually over $70, so it seemed like a good buy.

Its a tactical combat game. Actually really addictive for what it is. And for a game you think would be aimed at kids, its quite challenging. Right now I'm stuck on Chapter 1-8. The last checkpoint leaves me with very little life.

Keeping an eye out for a cheap copy of Mario Kart 8.

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Farcry 5

This game could have been great, but they've gone too overboard with the unrealistic action, and it takes away from the story a bit.

I'm a few hours into it. One thing I'm finding annoying is pretty much every time you see anyone out in the world, it starts a firefight. The whole county is overrun by a religious cult. In marked pickup trucks with machine guns attached, military style. I'm sure the ATF would be in there within hours of this kicking off.

A more nuanced cult operation would've been a lot more believable, and immersive.

Right now it's sitting at about a 7/10 for me.

Also, I played a bit of No Mans Sky for the first time in about 6 months. Again, the updates since then have transformed the game for the better. And co-op multiplayer coming in the next update will be another massive step in the right direction.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:41 pm

Can't wait for The Crew 2.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 24, 2018 3:06 pm

Attheraces: Gallop Racer :oops:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:20 pm

Wolfenstein The New Colossus, already having plenty of fun with it mowing down Nazi's. Picked it up for $34 from EB today, winning.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:53 pm

While home sick most of last week, I kinda smashed the games.

Nintendo Switch

Zelda, Breath of the Wind - Probably 10-15 hours during the week. Beat my first Devine Beast (Ruta).

Mega Man Collection 1 - Forgot how hard these games were.

Mario Aces tennis - The pre-launch online tournament was over the weekend. The first few games I did ok, but after leaving it for a day, people obviously got way better, and I got smoked on Sunday.

Pokemon Quest - A little game (coming to mobile I think). Bit of a time killing game.

Playstation 4

Dirt 4 - Bought this for $25 on discount. I love watching RX, so this game is awesome. The career mode is much better than the last game. Creating a team as well as being able to race for other teams makes it a bit more immersive. Worked my way up to RX2 last night. Also bumped the difficulty up last night too.

Madden 17 - In my third season. Was fired by the Texans after the first season, where we missed the playoffs. Hired by the Chiefs. Lost the Division game in my first season. I drafted two QBs. (Rd1, Pick 30) and (Rd 6, Pick 30). Turns out my first rounder was an 80 overall, and my 6th rounder was a 74. So a very good draft for me. I've re-signed Alex Smith to a 2 year, low value contract as a backup. Currently sitting 6-2 in my second season with the Chiefs. Lost to the Browns in the last game. They are now stacked after three good years of drafting (done by a computer, not a real GM).
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:31 pm

games im pretty keen to get when they come out in next year or so

the division 2
new diablo
black ops 4

im probably gonna get stuck into a few games over the long weekend because I cbf doing anything else.
but getting a bit sick of the same ones atm
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby HH3 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:46 pm

I bought FIFA 18 on the Switch last week, so I could play it while we babysat my nephew. I also bought a Pro Switch Controller, so I can play it comfortably on the TV at home.

Started a career with Adelaide United, as I always do.

Brought in some South Americans and Italians in the mid-season trade period.

Finished second on the table, faced Sydney FC in the GF and won with a 120th minute goal.

Got an offer from QPR who had one game remaining in their season. I took it, won that game 3-0 to end their year. QPR finished 18th in the EFL Championship.

Currently in the 2018 preseason invitational competition, killing everyone.

The only move I've made so far is bringing Paul Izzo to back up Smithies at GK. I'll be focusing on Izzo with training to try to get him up to scratch that he can be a starting GK for me if I make a push into the EPL.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:57 pm

HH3 wrote:I bought FIFA 18 on the Switch last week, so I could play it while we babysat my nephew. I also bought a Pro Switch Controller, so I can play it comfortably on the TV at home.

Started a career with Adelaide United, as I always do.

Brought in some South Americans and Italians in the mid-season trade period.

Finished second on the table, faced Sydney FC in the GF and won with a 120th minute goal.

Got an offer from QPR who had one game remaining in their season. I took it, won that game 3-0 to end their year. QPR finished 18th in the EFL Championship.

Currently in the 2018 preseason invitational competition, killing everyone.

The only move I've made so far is bringing Paul Izzo to back up Smithies at GK. I'll be focusing on Izzo with training to try to get him up to scratch that he can be a starting GK for me if I make a push into the EPL.

Won the preseason cup. Now four games into the season (2-1-1).

I sent Izzo to Doncaster on Loan.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:13 pm

I usually edit it and put Adelaide United in league 2 so I can take them all the way to the PL.

But in this years edition haven’t touched career mode at all, mostly just FUT
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:22 pm

I started from the bottom of league 2 in the English league with the Morecambe FC in manager mode, obviously put my created version of myself in it...

its been an incredible journey so far, just finished our first season of premier league by finishing second and qualifying for Europe. Incredible second half of the season... I somewhat accepted we'd finish right near the bottom or possibly relegated and we saved our season in tremendous fashion. Last game of the season to qualify for Europe..

Also took the Australian job, came runners up in the CONFED Cup to spain...

Go the Shrimps!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:26 pm

I re-bought the Bioshock trilogy for PS4. I had the first two on PS3, so playing through the first one again.

Such a good series. Creepy, original for it's time. I think Bethesda stole a bit of Bioshocks feel for Dishonoured.

FIFA update.
I'm sitting about 9th in the EFL Championship with QPR.
Just knocked Chelsea off in the league cup. Cant remember the name of it.
I've brought in a French winger, and used the rest of my budget on the youth squad.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets