Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:14 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:What do you mean by that except for buying into the same old stereotypes?

I mean the refugees that come over here, get a huge cash start and then can't adapt to the values of the Australian culture.

I'm by no means racist, I do find it a fair kick in the guts when I have been employed for my whole adult life, have children, my wife works yet we can't afford to be driving around in a $50K + car when I know of families that don't work and seem to afford such luxuries, add to the fact that most of them cannot even operate a vehicle to satisfactory level.

It's funny how you are deemed a racist when you, like I do at times, feel a little jaded by things you see.

Sure, I've got empathy for them, for what they've escaped, for what they've seen, but when I walk around the corner from home and see the young African lad and his mates arsing around with a BMW M3 while smoking and drinking all hours of the day and night I can't help but wonder what the **** is going on. Sorry, when I say all hours of the day and night I mean after 11am when they get up and before 3am when they go to bed.

I’m sure you’ve walked around taperoo recently too right? Plenty of dickhead deadbeats of all nationalities
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:What do you mean by that except for buying into the same old stereotypes?

I mean the refugees that come over here, get a huge cash start and then can't adapt to the values of the Australian culture.

I'm by no means racist, I do find it a fair kick in the guts when I have been employed for my whole adult life, have children, my wife works yet we can't afford to be driving around in a $50K + car when I know of families that don't work and seem to afford such luxuries, add to the fact that most of them cannot even operate a vehicle to satisfactory level.

Serious question, what cash start do they get? As far as I’m aware they qualify for the same welfare entitlements as anyone else

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament ... stRefugees
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:20 am

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

It's funny how you are deemed a racist when you, like I do at times, feel a little jaded by things you see.

Sure, I've got empathy for them, for what they've escaped, for what they've seen, but when I walk around the corner from home and see the young African lad and his mates arsing around with a BMW M3 while smoking and drinking all hours of the day and night I can't help but wonder what the **** is going on. Sorry, when I say all hours of the day and night I mean after 11am when they get up and before 3am when they go to bed.

I’m sure you’ve walked around taperoo recently too right? Plenty of dickhead deadbeats of all nationalities

I don't walk around Taperoo, not often anyway but I get your point, being a mug isn't exclusive to any race.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:21 am

bennymacca wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Serious question, what cash start do they get? As far as I’m aware they qualify for the same welfare entitlements as anyone else

Ergo our comments regarding indigenous people, the aged and veterans. Perhaps these groups should be given a leg up first....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:22 am

bennymacca wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Well that was pretty inconclusive.

There is obviously some kick start funding as they apparently come here with nothing at all and suddenly drive around in a luxurious car, their entitlements seem to be on par with everyone else I think.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:24 am

Veterans get a pretty sweet deal in terms of healthcare etc. And the aged still get their pensions too.

What are you actually advocating for? A raise in pensions and genuine refugees get nothing?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:26 am

bennymacca wrote:Veterans get a pretty sweet deal in terms of healthcare etc. And the aged still get their pensions too.

What are you actually advocating for? A raise in pensions and genuine refugees get nothing?

Pensions are worth f*ck all, the older generation can't even afford to run their air conditioners during summer.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:27 am

bennymacca wrote:Veterans get a pretty sweet deal in terms of healthcare etc. And the aged still get their pensions too.

I'm not advocating anything to be honest, people far more edumacated than me should deal with it.

On another note, I wonder what the general feeling is in NZ where they basically take no refugees.

Is their social conscience more upset about not taking any than ours is for taking them in and then treating them ( in off shore detention ) as we do?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:28 am

My grandparents seem to just fine.

And they are as working class as it gets.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:31 am

Do you try to be a patronising dickhead on purpose? Or is that just how you are?

Everyone's explained their point pretty well, and they seem reasonable, but you still try to put words in their mouths.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:35 am

Also, you mention Taperoo and the deros that occupy the suburb. From what I can tell there's a high percentage of single mothers and Aboriginal families in the housing trust part of Taperoo.

Are you having a crack at them too?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:36 am

HH3 wrote:Also, you mention Taperoo and the deros that occupy the suburb. From what I can tell there's a high percentage of single mothers and Aboriginal families in the housing trust part of Taperoo.

Possibly.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:37 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:Also, you mention Taperoo and the deros that occupy the suburb. From what I can tell there's a high percentage of single mothers and Aboriginal families in the housing trust part of Taperoo.

Possibly.

Creep
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:39 am

not to mention buying into "tired old stereotypes"...wait
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:44 am

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:10 pm

That was my exact point - plenty of incorrect stereotypes that we could choose to, mostly incorrectly, categorise a whole group
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:15 pm

bennymacca wrote:That was my exact point - plenty of incorrect stereotypes that we could choose to, mostly incorrectly, categorise a whole group

Oh you were being ironic, to show us the error of our ways.....

Very clever
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Stereotypes are everywhere and are mostly rubbish.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:18 pm

bennymacca wrote:Stereotypes are everywhere and are mostly rubbish.

How are those stereotypes created then?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Things that you rate!

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Occurs when you try to generalise a small section of the community towards the larger population

For instance - aboriginals are massively over represented in our prison system.

This creates the stereotype that all aboriginals are criminals which is clearly false.

Or that everyone in Elizabeth is a dole bludger. Etc etc
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion