Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:19 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Mallala trial games 24th march v Sth Gawler at Sth Gawler- April 6th/7th v BSR at TBA.

Are you sure about the game at South pretty sure there is a cricket grand final there on that date. Dont become football ovals until April 1st i believe.
How is the Mallala turf wicket going, is it all in yet?

Just going on information we received from Sth Gawler and they gave us the date, Turf Wicket- Centre is all dug out and water connections/drainage trench's next week and clay as well next week if all goes well.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Snags » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:25 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Mallala trial games 24th march v Sth Gawler at Sth Gawler- April 6th/7th v BSR at TBA.

bruggeman gonna flip a coin befor the 6/7th of April trial game to see who he plays for? Or has he already picked hi$ club of choice?
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:00 am

Snags wrote:

bruggeman gonna flip a coin befor the 6/7th of April trial game to see who he plays for? Or has he already picked hi$ club of choice?

Just like Wi$e mate, he is staying home.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby GIDDY UP! » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:44 am

I’ve been told Virginia a struggle massively with no players out to training and a couple more key locals are heading else where to play?
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:37 am

GIDDY UP! wrote:I’ve been told Virginia a struggle massively with no players out to training and a couple more key locals are heading else where to play?

Isn’t that what we hear every year?
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:45 pm

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
GIDDY UP! wrote:I’ve been told Virginia a struggle massively with no players out to training and a couple more key locals are heading else where to play?

Isn’t that what we hear every year?

That is true.... Hopefully for Virginia sake it’s just rumours then! Or I can’t see them making the Top4
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Postby Onthepunt » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:40 pm

The old rumour mill, you find that Virginia will be around the mark with inclusions outweighing the losses if any.
Onthepunt
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:14 am

Onthepunt wrote:The old rumour mill, you find that Virginia will be around the mark with inclusions outweighing the losses if any.

Who's coming? I'd imagine that Herzick would have some pull.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:21 pm

Onthepunt wrote:The old rumour mill, you find that Virginia will be around the mark with inclusions outweighing the losses if any.

If my calculations are correct Stanley and Hill are both 3points and Hay is 2points with Virginia only having a total of 8points to play with this season unless playing colts of course..... How are they in any better position this year then what they were last year? Have lost their 3 best midfielder (Russell, Hoepner and Young) plus Panagiotou and Ross have left.
Yes they still have Niklaus but he isn’t the same player as he was 3 or 4 years ago!
It’s going to be an interesting fight over 4th spot with United and HWE both recruiting well. The Top3 won’t change much from last year unless of injuries of course. Two Wells having only lost one player out of their premiership side from last year but do regain Khan Leightion from having a season off from footy for work and do also have a couple of young lads that are training out at SANFL so I expect them to have another big year. Mallala have lost basically their whole Full Forward line but do get the return of Bruggerman and a handy inclusion of a midfielder comes across to them aswell, so I can also see them being very competitive again. Balaklava prove last year they can play some seriously good footy when they want to and were only a kick away from playing in a GF last year! And have a very nice home ground winning record so I think they’ll be around the mark again..... as for Angle Vale and Hamley well those two are fighting over the wooden spoon again unfortunately!
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Postby livefooty » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:47 am

GIDDY UP! wrote:

If my calculations are correct Stanley and Hill are both 3points and Hay is 2points with Virginia only having a total of 8points to play with this season unless playing colts of course..... How are they in any better position this year then what they were last year? Have lost their 3 best midfielder (Russell, Hoepner and Young) plus Panagiotou and Ross have left.
Yes they still have Niklaus but he isn’t the same player as he was 3 or 4 years ago!
It’s going to be an interesting fight over 4th spot with United and HWE both recruiting well. The Top3 won’t change much from last year unless of injuries of course. Two Wells having only lost one player out of their premiership side from last year but do regain Khan Leightion from having a season off from footy for work and do also have a couple of young lads that are training out at SANFL so I expect them to have another big year. Mallala have lost basically their whole Full Forward line but do get the return of Bruggerman and a handy inclusion of a midfielder comes across to them aswell, so I can also see them being very competitive again. Balaklava prove last year they can play some seriously good footy when they want to and were only a kick away from playing in a GF last year! And have a very nice home ground winning record so I think they’ll be around the mark again..... as for Angle Vale and Hamley well those two are fighting over the wooden spoon again unfortunately!

Angle Vale have picked up another few quality players this week one being Daniel Sumner. With the ins We hope to push the other sides and gain some respect within the league.
We had 55 on the track Tuesday night which was impressive.
Our aim is to obviously get off the bottom part of the ladder but mainly to show some ticker and worry a few top sides. It’s definitely going to be an interesting year.
livefooty
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Robe

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:12 am

livefooty wrote:

Angle Vale have picked up another few quality players this week one being Daniel Sumner. With the ins We hope to push the other sides and gain some respect within the league.
We had 55 on the track Tuesday night which was impressive.
Our aim is to obviously get off the bottom part of the ladder but mainly to show some ticker and worry a few top sides. It’s definitely going to be an interesting year.

Dyl and Trent will be handy additions too.

I thought you were competitive last year but leaked goals to easily from what I seen, had a few holes to fill around the ground and needed more scoring power.

I didn't think the scoreline reflected the battle.

Probably needed to be more focused from the outset too, 3 minutes to go in the reserves and there were players still getting rub downs near the interchange bench while the rest of the team was scattered like cows in a paddock with some in the barn where they all should've been.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:07 pm

Does Hamley Bridge always offer such ridiculous amounts of money for below average footballers?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:15 pm

The Bedge wrote:Does Hamley Bridge always offer such ridiculous amounts of money for below average footballers?

How much did they offer you?[emoji3]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby 23rd man » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Word on the street is united have picked up a midfielder that makes Callum Hay look tiny?? Surely not!!! Hay is a big man...
23rd man

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:52 pm

23rd man wrote:Word on the street is united have picked up a midfielder that makes Callum Hay look tiny?? Surely not!!! Hay is a big man...

Jamie McArdle?
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:14 pm

Heard last night AV struggling for netball once again? True/False? And thoughts?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:50 pm

23rd man wrote:Word on the street is united have picked up a midfielder that makes Callum Hay look tiny?? Surely not!!! Hay is a big man...

Got a name? Would love to know who so I can pass on the number to the recruiting department.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:51 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Heard last night AV struggling for netball once again? True/False? And thoughts?

No idea. Yes I have thoughts on this if true. Will keep them to myself though. ;)
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby norm11 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:12 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Heard last night AV struggling for netball once again? True/False? And thoughts?

Surprise surprise
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby 23rd man » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:31 pm

Ace of Spades wrote:

Jamie McArdle?

My guess would be doubtful...
23rd man

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy